The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I burst into tears when the whistle blew... :smile:
Original post by Louis.
Messi goal? If it was offside there was a handball in the buildup.

Arshavin handball?

Impossible to blame the linesman either way for the Messi goal, have to look frame by frame to tell whether he was on or offside. Djourou's hand ball wasn't deliberate, it was right on the edge of the box and Barca got the clear advantage (Pedro 1 vs 1)

Again the AA one wasn't deliberate, it could have been given but with the ball falling to Alves you don't expect the ref to blow up.

On balance we got a touch lucky but I wouldn't be blaming the officials if it was the other way round, no clear cut decisions were wrong
Reply 3982
I say we go all Dalglish on their asses at the Camp Nou.

Wojo
Sagna-Djourou-Koscielny-Vermaelen-Clichy
Fabregas-Song-Wilshere
Nasri
van Persie

:holmes:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Beneb
I say we go all Dalglish on their asses at the Camp Nou.

Wojo
Sagna-Djourou-Koscielny-Vermaelen-Clichy
Fabregas-Song-Wilshere
Nasri
van Persie

:holmes:

well he already said that he's gonna try and attack from the start...defending a 1goal lead when they already have an away goal is never a good idea...we've to get an away goal tbh but yeah sagna and vermaelen back would def. strengthen us plus nasri will be much fitter as well (not saying he didn't look fit today)...
still can't believe the journey wojos made...a year back he was playing for brentford and just look what a year does...playing against quite probably the best club football team in the world in the champions league...just wow
Original post by Louis.
Messi goal? If it was offside there was a handball in the buildup.

Arshavin handball?
Song got a yellow for tripping Messi... what happened when RVP got cleared out on the breakaway? It was a ridiculous lack of consistency.

Also, the ref managed to play along to the Messi diving game with aplomb. Fortunately it didn't cost us.

Jack Wilshere needs to take a bow. He was unreal. So good.

RVP makes us tick. I love that man... Easily the best night at the Emirates. I still feel like I'm there... the ecstasy was utterly incredible.

I'm coming down with a terrible cold right now, but I feel so ****ing alive.
Ohhh to be a gooner
Anyone hoping for Vermaelen to return to the squad in the 2nd leg is fecking bonkers. One thing you never EVER do is disrupt a budding/working partnership, Vermaelen will have to fight for his place in the squad like everyone other squadie. Kosh and Djourou are way too solid to break up just because some people think Vermaelen is some sort of cult hero, I'm sure Wenger will make the right decision.

As for the game tonight, absolutely ecstatic, was at the pub, and the Gooners there brough the roof down when Arshavin curled home. It's only half time, and Camp Nou will be a whole different proposition.

You can never bet against us to score, that for me is where the tie will be won on lost, we score first and we have one foot in the QF IMO. We need to ride out the first 20-30mins as that is when Barca is at their most dangerous, even it's 1-0 with 20 minutes to go, I'd still fancy to go through, they always capitulate against us in that period simply because fatigue sets in for them.

All in all, can't bloody wait for the return leg. Bring on the Catalans!

Edit: Agree with Overmans, Cesc was so fecking sloppy, actually thought he was playing for Barca at one point in the 1st half. Needs to cut that **** out sharpish.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Overmars

nice, how did you get that giffed already

He just came, and at that point so did I :sexface:
Original post by Barça
At home? Yes, just look at the Real game. May be a bad example seeing as that performance was outrageous but the players never stopped. One thing I have noticed with Pep's team is that when they have a point to prove or are drawing/losing a tie then that's when you see the best of them. Barca will no doubt step up a notch for the next leg.

Concerning Puyol, no idea but if I have to guess I should think he'll be fit.

puyol should be fit but pique is suspended
cheers for the £15 arsenal... shame rvp couldnt score first, or it would have been so so much more...

great game
Reply 3991
Ah, I woke up at 4 a.m. and I can barely concentrate right now in school because of how ecstatic I am, but YESSSSSS my morning has been made.

One week we lose a 4-0 lead to a newly promoted team, and the next we beat arguably the world's best club.

OOH TO, OOH TO BE, OOH TO BE A GOONER!
Anyone that supports arsenal would know that wilshere became a legend when he made that tackle on salgado in the emirates cup. Since then i have kept a keen eye on him and he's improved tremedously. People assume that he is a attacking midfielder with no tackling abilities but he is just as good at tackling as he is on the ball.
Reply 3993
JK.
OP
Fans were great, by all accounts. :yy:

The whole night was incredible, but from RvP's goal to the final whistle that really was something special, truly beautiful. Love the Szcz gif, btw. :yy:
Reply 3995
Original post by Skaiyote

:rofl:
Original post by JK.
The whole night was incredible, but from RvP's goal to the final whistle that really was something special, truly beautiful. Love the Szcz gif, btw. :yy:

The best signature I've ever seen.

Arsenal DNA :rofl:
I hope wenger does not change the backline (aside frome sagna) , for the second leg.
Highlights for anyone who wants to watch it again (and again) :ahee:
I still get all excited when AA23 is running into the box to pick up that Nasri pass.

Latest