The Student Room Group

St. Andrews Medicine Applicants 2011 :D

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ryan118244
Ahh that's good!
I don't know what to think about mine, I didn't think it was fantastic. On some of the questions they kids reapeated and I was like I've already said that.
They kept asking me questiOns about work experience and as for the article :/ some te the questions are soo vague, I had to wait for them to prompt me :/
My dream of going to st Andrews is crushed.
On the positive note, the uni and med school is amazing!!

I bet you did great!! I think they'll make allowances for stumbling and stuff because we are nervous and we aren't doctors yet!!
Same with me for the article questions! I kind of blurted the first thing that came to my head. It might have been relevant but my answer wasn't structured :frown:
So d'you think we'll hear from them soon? It seems that people are getting offers shortly after their interview!
Oh yeah the Medical School looks great!! All so modern and technical and built for the course. Never got a chance to see the rest of StAndrews unfortunately :frown:
Reply 961
Original post by jcarberry1
I bet you did great!! I think they'll make allowances for stumbling and stuff because we are nervous and we aren't doctors yet!!
Same with me for the article questions! I kind of blurted the first thing that came to my head. It might have been relevant but my answer wasn't structured :frown:
So d'you think we'll hear from them soon? It seems that people are getting offers shortly after their interview!
Oh yeah the Medical School looks great!! All so modern and technical and built for the course. Never got a chance to see the rest of StAndrews unfortunately :frown:

Hummm .. nope haha.
I actually didn't stumble, I've actually got quite good at hiding my nerves now. I just don't think I gave very detailed answers :/
I know, lucky sods ... I think those are for ones that did super well in the interview though. I don't think I will hear bk till march.
I was really impressed! St Andrews as a place is amazing, I came up yesterday and I'm still here now, it's so nice everywhere, te accommodation is nice, the people seem really down to earth, and I just came back from a restaurant and the night life looks pretty full on ... and it's only a Wednesday night, bizarrely I just walked pass a hawk!!!
Reply 962
Original post by HouseLover
I was sitting across from you! Girl with the dotted shirt.

No way, what a coincidence. How did you find the interview??? Where you the one in the lift that said St Andrews is your top choice?
Hummm .. nope haha.
I actually didn't stumble, I've actually got quite good at hiding my nerves now. I just don't think I gave very detailed answers :/
I know, lucky sods ... I think those are for ones that did super well in the interview though. I don't think I will hear bk till march.
I was really impressed! St Andrews as a place is amazing, I came up yesterday and I'm still here now, it's so nice everywhere, te accommodation is nice, the people seem really down to earth, and I just came back from a restaurant and the night life looks pretty full on ... and it's only a Wednesday night, bizarrely I just walked pass a hawk!!!

wednesday nights student night at fat sams in dundee - every other night out there is extortionate so i suspect thats where some of them will be headed :tongue:
Reply 964
Original post by atomos
wednesday nights student night at fat sams in dundee - every other night out there is extortionate so i suspect thats where some of them will be headed :tongue:

Oh cool.
I thought St Andrews was cheap for it's nightlife?!?
Oh cool.

st andrews might be, but the proper night clubs are in dundee where its stupidly expensive
Reply 966
Original post by baztech
http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/admissions/ug/visiting/

Defo go to one if I somehow get in! Dunno how well my chances will be...

Cheers for the good luck dramaboyz2007!

cheers!
Nightlife in St. Andrews? I thought there werent any clubs? xD
Reply 968
Original post by dramaboyz2007
Nightlife in St. Andrews? I thought there werent any clubs? xD

They have the most pubs per sq mile than any where else in the UK.
Also there seemed to be quite a few drunk students and they were queuing to get in some where, I also saw a few house parties.
They have the most pubs per sq mile than any where else in the UK.
Also there seemed to be quite a few drunk students and they were queuing to get in some where, I also saw a few house parties.

Yea! I heard bout the pubs! My friend says theres enough to last you 3 years!

Hmm I practically a nightlife virgin. Looking forward to new experiences! LMAO
I know somebody might have asked this question before, but I didn't see an answer so I'm trying my luck again now :biggrin: Does anyone have any idea how they will give out the band score for the UKCAT ? Thanks :biggrin:
Original post by ukcathater
ok im bored with all this stuff now and im gonna come clean I am not actually applying for medicine just thought id see how easy it was pretending to be an applicant for a little project im doing. Sorry everyone! I used stats i know from a girl i know (well some of them). Its very easy to do this in a chat room you just never know who you're talking to so just be aware. Most of you seem a nice bunch good luck with your applications.

:s-smilie:
Don't believe u!
ok im bored with all this stuff now and im gonna come clean I am not actually applying for medicine just thought id see how easy it was pretending to be an applicant for a little project im doing. Sorry everyone! I used stats i know from a girl i know (well some of them). Its very easy to do this in a chat room you just never know who you're talking to so just be aware. Most of you seem a nice bunch good luck with your applications.

ummmm ooook? :s-smilie:
Original post by dariadaphne
I know somebody might have asked this question before, but I didn't see an answer so I'm trying my luck again now :biggrin: Does anyone have any idea how they will give out the band score for the UKCAT ? Thanks :biggrin:

heya! what do you mean by band score?
Oh cool.

You gotta be kidding. St Andrews is one of the most expensive places to live in the UK.
Original post by dramaboyz2007
heya! what do you mean by band score?

well, they said that when they decide to make somebody an offer, the ukcat score counts as 15% ... and that they use some sort of band scores, for instance, if you're score is over 750, 5 out of 5, or something like that ... and I was just wondering what that band score might be :biggrin:
or at least this is what I've understood :biggrin:
Reply 976
Original post by doctorinthemaking
You gotta be kidding. St Andrews is one of the most expensive places to live in the UK.

Yea but doesn't reflect the nightlife, when I went to the pub, all the alcohol is cheaper in St Andrews compared to where I come from. Also I'm use to paying £10 entry into a nightclub and full prices for drinks ... surely St Andrews can't be any more expensive.
Original post by dariadaphne

I think they do it in quartiles, so top quartile, 4marks, 2nd quartile, 3marks etc etc. it's impossible to say what score you need to be in each quartile this year as the figures have not been released (and they are judging it only by this years scores).

In the previous two years, the average score has been around 630, and the results form a pretty steep bell-curve so I think the 1st (top) quartile will be around 700-710.
(edited 13 years ago)

lol.
Reply 979

I can't tell if you're being serious or not :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending