The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Well im pretty sure i failed that. Great.
Assessment day passed :biggrin: job interview in the near future! :biggrin:
:biggrin: yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay :biggrin:
Original post by Becky_90

Original post by Becky_90
Well im pretty sure i failed that. Great.

You don't know that for sure.... The one exam last year that i was CONVINCED beyond all that could possibly be possible that i had failed... i got an A on.. so don't assume you've failed til told otherwise :p:
Original post by herbal bug

Original post by herbal bug
Assessment day passed :biggrin: job interview in the near future! :biggrin:
:biggrin: yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay :biggrin:

Congrats :smile:
9 jobs applied for

(Mostly ITU/Anaesthetic/EAU wards)

AND my last Placements through!

Neurosurgical ward, Interventional radiology and Theatres for Management (with emphasis on anaesthetics).

I'm asking to get my interventional radiology placement changed though as its just tooo simlar to my theatre placement really. However not a bad selection really, going to ask for some insight visits with teams etc aswell!
Original post by Subcutaneous

9 jobs applied for

(Mostly ITU/Anaesthetic/EAU wards)

AND my last Placements through!

Neurosurgical ward, Interventional radiology and Theatres for Management (with emphasis on anaesthetics).

I'm asking to get my interventional radiology placement changed though as its just tooo simlar to my theatre placement really. However not a bad selection really, going to ask for some insight visits with teams etc aswell!

Interventional radiology....what on earth has that really got to do with nursing?! (Am i being stupid... :o:)
The neuro ward sounds good. :smile:
Where's your critical placement?!
Original post by dani_88
Interventional radiology....what on earth has that really got to do with nursing?! (Am i being stupid... :o:)
The neuro ward sounds good. :smile:
Where's your critical placement?!

Neuro ward is my critical. It has a HDU bay and takes on emergencies. As for IR its not tooooo bad, its basicalky like theatre nursing except using radiology in the procedures. However my leader says shes going to see if i can get relocated, so im not neccessarily going there offically yet.

Neuro ward is my critical. It has a HDU bay and takes on emergencies. As for IR its not tooooo bad, its basicalky like theatre nursing except using radiology in the procedures. However my leader says shes going to see if i can get relocated, so im not neccessarily going there offically yet.

Ahh okay that's not too bad then :smile:

Good luck with your job apps by the way. My friend qualified in Sept and had never had a placement in ITU and got a job on ITU..she said she just had to prove at the interview that even though she'd never stepped foot in an ITU; that she knew what it was all about and what she was getting into :smile:
As for EAU, i bank there a lot and love it! :biggrin:
Fab choices hehe.

I'm starting to enjoy my community placement. Now i've got to grips with the routine it turns out it's not so boring :p:
well,I finished my 9 weeks placement - last placement of 1st year :-) Passed all my outcomes :biggrin:
Back at Uni now... this week has been a 'study week'. I re-sat my osce... not sure if I passed? but when I said the reading. . . my tutor smiled as if I got it right!So i'm not sure.
I'm looking forward to my 2 weeks off in Feb, although I have to make up 4 nights on placement... and also 2 uni days - helping with interviews grrr. But any time off will be nice at the moment.
Well done on placement!

I thought the same about my two weeks off, im getting pretty bored already! Im pretty sure im going to end up starting my next assignment instead lol!
I have more motivation to clean our minging toilets than I do to sit and write my reflection right now.

Bad times.
Been put forward for degree pathway next year yay :smile:
Reply 1752
Original post by dani_88

Original post by dani_88
Been put forward for degree pathway next year yay :smile:

ah congrats :smile:
you can join the 'we hate dissertations' thread i feel i will be creating as soon as a lecturer even mentions the D word!!
missed you guys!! lol... head is melted with bio-med exams and academic care plans... on top of a horrendous placement!
love my life xx
Original post by louise_1229
on top of a horrendous placement!

Whats up with placement?
Reply 1755
I'm due to start on 31st March - Mental Health Nursing Degree. Okay for me to join? Any good book recommendations?
I can do community for management if i want :biggrin:
And my elective has finally been confirmed and given the okay!
And i got a really good grade and feedback for my mid-way assessment so feeling really glad about that.
And i have a day off tomorrow. Good times :p:
Original post by MissDJ
I'm due to start on 31st March - Mental Health Nursing Degree. Okay for me to join? Any good book recommendations?

Hey :smile:

The only tip i have is: don't buy any!
Don't waste your money... the uni library and all of your unis databases and online journals etc will become your best friends :p:
Reply 1758
Original post by dani_88

Original post by dani_88
Hey :smile:

The only tip i have is: don't buy any!
Don't waste your money... the uni library and all of your unis databases and online journals etc will become your best friends :p:

Very very true haha!!

And congrats on all the good things Dani! Where are you doing your elective?

I'm waiting on results from our first essay of this year. Why does it take so long to get results back when we have other things due in, why oh why oh why!!!
i had an extremely vindictive, pretty sure that is the appropriate word... who made my life hell on placement.
She took my portfolio out of my bag, and wrote in my book, without consultation..
... that I had a poor attitute, that i was disrespectful to staff and was inconsiderate!

this on the day, a family member died in the same hospital... I went to occupational health, got signed off on the sick... and am refusing to go back to the ward.
And I accept not neccessarily the course of action I would advise... but, it is over now :smile: thank god xx

Latest

Trending

Trending