The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

The Nou Camp match is going to be the toughest game we'll ever have to play. No doubt about it. But we've got a fighting chance. And as Arshavin says, if you don't believe, what's the point?
Reply 4022
Arsenal just need to score goals in the next leg, it doesn't matter how many Barc score so long as its no more than 1 more goals than we score. 2-3, 3-4, or even 4-5 to Barcelona still means we go through. Barcelona are in a tricky position because they know they need to score but they also realise the danger of conceding goals. Barcelona need to sustain a strong attack and defence. Arsenal just need to get goals in.
Reply 4023
If Wilshere continues to impress in the big games, I can see him being a 1st team player in the 2014 World Cup for England.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 4024
Original post by Dan1607
Arsenal just need to score goals in the next leg, it doesn't matter how many Barc score so long as its no more than 1 more goals than we score. 2-3, 3-4, or even 4-5 to Barcelona still means we go through. Barcelona are in a tricky position because they know they need to score but they also realise the danger of conceding goals. Barcelona need to sustain a strong attack and defence. Arsenal just need to get goals in.

You do realise that Barcelona will have even more possession of the ball at Nou Camp and so predicting Arsenal to score more than 1 is unlikely(I could be proven wrong though). They just need to score 1 goal and then keep the ball, so it is Arsenal who needs to be carefully; should they lay back and invite pressure or get their own goal?
Reply 4025
Original post by jit987

Original post by jit987
If Wilshere continues to impress in the big games, I can see him being a 1st team player in the 2014 World Cup.

England aren't exactly blessed with (m)any people to challenege that slot in 2014. I'd be shocked if he isn't even a 1st team member in the next year really. :yep:
Reply 4026
Original post by jit987
You do realise that Barcelona will have even more possession of the ball at Nou Camp and so predicting Arsenal to score more than 1 is unlikely(I could be proven wrong though). They just need to score 1 goal and then keep the ball, so it is Arsenal who needs to be carefully; should they lay back and invite pressure or get their own goal?

Well said mate i just can see Arsenal defending the way like Inter did last year :eek:
Reply 4027
Original post by R-KAM
England aren't exactly blessed with (m)any people to challenege that slot in 2014. I'd be shocked if he isn't even a 1st team member in the next year really. :yep:

Possibly EURO 2012 :wink:
Reply 4028
Jack Wilshire clearly demonstrated to me last night that he is a fine player with bags of potential. However one thing that frustrates me is his run ins with the police. A couple of times he has been in trouble over assaults in clubs and was allegedly exposed as a love rat etc. I know that a players personal life and football career are two different things however I find it very disappointing.
Wasn't Wilshere acting as peacemaker during fights when he had run ins with the police?
Reply 4030
Original post by ZizAli
Jack Wilshire clearly demonstrated to me last night that he is a fine player with bags of potential. However one thing that frustrates me is his run ins with the police. A couple of times he has been in trouble over assaults in clubs and was allegedly exposed as a love rat etc. I know that a players personal life and football career are two different things however I find it very disappointing.

From what I recall it has only been one incident, and even the police said that he was the "peacemaker" in the incident, and that they'd just brought him in to ask him some questions. Total non-issue tbh.
Reply 4031
ZizAli has to moan about something :fyi:
Reply 4032
Original post by ZizAli

A couple- wan't that just the one time where he was acting as a peacemaker. And the love rat story was probably a load of bull.
Original post by ZizAli

:toofunny:

A 19 year old who has been at the club since he was 9 was the most impressive midfielder on a pitch containing Xavi and Iniesta...but you ingeniously found a way to dig up some irrelevant rubbish to conclude you are very disappointed with him. Kudos. Full marks for creativity and desperation.
Reply 4034
Original post by R-KAM
ZizAli has to moan about something :fyi:

This tbh.
Original post by Overmars
:toofunny:

A 19 year old who has been at the club since he was 9 was the most impressive midfielder on a pitch containing Xavi and Iniesta...but you ingeniously found a way to dig up some irrelevant rubbish to conclude you are very disappointed with him. Kudos. Full marks for creativity and desperation.

He was also cleared of everything, he was a witness (and friend) to the guy charged with assault. He does need better friends though
Reply 4036
How could a 19 year old be exposed as a love rat anyway? I don't know if he's got a girlfriend, but if he doesn't. Would that not just make him like every other 19 year old in the country? :holmes:
Reply 4037
Love rat? oh god not another Wayne Rooney..

he might have a bit of Carrol in him and punch her in the face after.
Reply 4038
Original post by newlife

Original post by newlife
Love rat? oh god not another Wayne Rooney..

he might have a bit of Carrol in him and punch her in the face after.

The above is the first time I'd heard of the love rat story tbf :colondollar:
Reply 4039
Forgive me for expecting good behaviour from processionals many youngsters will idolise. There was the peacemaker incident, the cabbie bust up and the sleeping with the lap dancer while being in a relationship with his girlfriend of 3 years. Also I have a few friends who know some of the Arsenal youngsters including Jack who have told me a few stories as well as recordings on their phones. Wilshire is no angel but that frustrates me, he looks shy, innocent and humble with immense ability. I want him to grow to be a character like Xavi but this blip in his personal life I personally find irritating. I know most people don't give a monkeys what a player does in his personal life so long as they play well but I'm not like that.
(edited 13 years ago)