The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Just got on from Birmingham yehawwww
Original post by ellie36
Yes I think so :smile: I think it would appeal to most people really, as I don't think it has many down sides! I can't imagine it's somewhere you'd like less after visting it, the campus is amazing afterall! Although I am biased because I absolutely loved it :tongue: Where are you firming?

I'm firming Cambridge. What's your insurance going to be?
Dare I say it but... anymore Reading offer holders? :tongue:
Reply 3063
hi did anyone with a nottingham rejection get a reason from them for it?
Original post by teaandcoffee

Think you might have to give up :wink:
Original post by Potiron
Think you might have to give up :wink:

I know :frown:
Original post by Krydel
So jealous of you right now :P

When did that come through?

i'm so relieved :biggrin: got the e-mail just before 6- good luck :smile:
Reply 3067

I have one :smile: It's my insurance unless Bristol give me a reduced offer.
Original post by Krydel
I have one :smile: It's my insurance unless Bristol give me a reduced offer.

Yey another one! :smile: It seems to be most people's insurance choice though, this saddens me :frown: Good luck with Bristol!
I know :frown:

My offer changed to unconditional today, the track email came and I got all excited thinking it would be my last offer/rejection.

Are you any less bored yet?
Original post by Potiron
My offer changed to unconditional today, the track email came and I got all excited thinking it would be my last offer/rejection.

Are you any less bored yet?

Woo well done! They emailed me to say that my A Level certificates have successfully verified my Biology and Law results. I was kinda wishing for them to go 'ah you have ABB already? thats fine! we'll make it unconditional!' - they didn't :frown:

No I am still pretty bored. Still looking for another job to get a bit more £££. Oh well, things will be alright soon I guess. My boyfriend has had an unconditional offer for medicine at Sheffield, so thats cheered me up a bit :smile:
Woo well done! They emailed me to say that my A Level certificates have successfully verified my Biology and Law results. I was kinda wishing for them to go 'ah you have ABB already? thats fine! we'll make it unconditional!' - they didn't :frown:

No I am still pretty bored. Still looking for another job to get a bit more £££. Oh well, things will be alright soon I guess. My boyfriend has had an unconditional offer for medicine at Sheffield, so thats cheered me up a bit :smile:

Well done to him :biggrin:

That's mean of them, but they will change it soon enough :cool: everything will be really rather exciting come september and you'll never be bored again. You'll probably still be desperate for £££ though.
Original post by Potiron
Well done to him :biggrin:

That's mean of them, but they will change it soon enough :cool: everything will be really rather exciting come september and you'll never be bored again. You'll probably still be desperate for £££ though.

Hopefully :smile: You made your mind about your unis yet? Yes! Funnily enough my friends at uni are meant to be poorer than me, but.. they actually have more money than me. :frown: Ahh. Bring on September.
Hopefully :smile: You made your mind about your unis yet? Yes! Funnily enough my friends at uni are meant to be poorer than me, but.. they actually have more money than me. :frown: Ahh. Bring on September.

No, not really. I want to hear from Warwick. I might firm Bristol, but actually clicking 'firm' is a scary scary prospect.

And I have visit days at Cardiff and Birmingham lined up next month, and I've never been to Cardiff uni before so have absolutely no idea what it's like. Too many decisions.

edit - and obviously, you know how I feel about Reading, and that's not changed.

My next lot of rent is coming out of my bank account on my birthday :frown:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Bexxy_2010
Heya!

Naaa I'm not at Bristol... on a gap year at the moment but I have an unconditional offer from Cambridge so I now know I'm going there in Oct! :smile: Very nervous but excited too!

I wanted to take a gap year but applied last year for straight entry anyway because I was advised that a gap year might not be the best idea... but yeah once I knew I defo wanted one I withdrew my application. Bristol did offer me though and they take ages! So I'm sure you'll get an offer. What other offers you got?

X

Just Reading and SOAS! AAB and AAA. :s-smilie:

Wow, unconditional for Cambridge? I'm guessing you're no dumbass then hahaha. Which college? And what have you been up to during your gap year so far? :smile:
Reply 3075
Would the universities receive my resit results if I resat for my CIE AS papers in Nov? I got aabb in June 2010 sitting and I was not happy with the bb. So, I resat for the papers. Now that the result has been out for quite awhile, do I need to send the uni my results or is it automatically updated by UCAS?
Original post by millylyd
My LNAT score was 19 and my predictions were AAA. my essay for LNAT was literally three paragraphs long and with no structure or argument (I was ill on the day :frown: ) so I am quite surprised. :smile: and very very happy!!! I am definitely going to accept it!

Are you a home applicant?

Just trying to compare myself to you in trying to work out whether I'm likely to get an offer or not :wink:

What did you get at AS and GCSE? :smile:

Have you done any sort of Access course?

Sorry, please excuse the twenty questions, I'm just curious (and panicking about having not heard from them at all haha) :biggrin:
Original post by bobfreymoo1811
Just Reading and SOAS! AAB and AAA. :s-smilie:

Another Reading applicant :eek:
Reply 3078
Original post by Doughnuts!!
I'm firming Cambridge. What's your insurance going to be?

Wow, congrats on getting an offer :smile: My insurance is Manchester as they gave me AAB, but I've got my heart set on Notts :tongue:
Original post by ajrabi
Got replies from all my choices....
top choice was LSE, got rejected :frown: really stupid thing, predicted 40, but one 5 at HL,
SOAS, 38 pts overall
Queen Mary, 36, 6,6,6 HL
Warwick 38 overall
Southampton 36, 18 HL

really wanted to get into LSE...

are you international student?
so what are you firm and insurance now?
I'm having more or less the same choices as you do and I take IB too :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending