The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Overmars

Pat Rice :adore:

That's the first time Pat Rice has moved.
Original post by voodoomagic
I know, and Arsene's ability to bring through young talent on the cheap in recent years has been excellent but not superior to La Masia. Barca have made expensive mistakes in the transfer market in the past few seasons but that lineup doesn't represent any of it (though I do have no idea how much they spent on Adriano and what value for money he represents).

Adriano cost about 12m Euros, as far as I recall.
Reply 4062
Was Xavi/Iniesta/Fabrgas like Wilshire is now when they were 19?

Its not a sarcastic question, I genuinely can't remember what those 3 were like at Wilshire's age, and whether or not they were able to step up to the plate the way he did midweek.

So glad he's english. Hopefully our pundits will admire a playmaker genuinely worth admiring as opposed to bumming Carrick & Barry for England.
Fabregas was miles ahead of Wilshere at 19.
Are Barca going to launch their ''Remuntada'' campaign again?
Original post by Overmars

This guy just has legend written all over him. I don't care if we don't sign a keeper any more, it's not because I think he's world class or anything, I just want Wojciech Szenscy playing for my team. Quality.

In other news, my favourite bit of the match was at the end when Eboue smacked it straight out when every fibre of his body was screaming at him to fanny about with it for absolutely no reason. He may be the best player in the world, but thank **** Sagna is back for the second leg.
Reply 4066
Original post by newlife
Was Xavi/Iniesta/Fabrgas like Wilshire is now when they were 19?

Its not a sarcastic question, I genuinely can't remember what those 3 were like at Wilshire's age, and whether or not they were able to step up to the plate the way he did midweek.

So glad he's english. Hopefully our pundits will admire a playmaker genuinely worth admiring as opposed to bumming Carrick & Barry for England.

Xavi was in the Barca B team and Iniesta in the first team for Barca I believe.
Reply 4067
Original post by 419
How do you know Xavi is a saint?

His hobby is to pick mushrooms in the country side. How can such a man be evil :tongue:
Reply 4068
Original post by sandeep90
Are Barca going to launch their ''Remuntada'' campaign again?

Yep, it's going to be skins left on the grass crap again. Either way European tie's at the Camp Nou makes me very confident, it's where we really strut our stuff.

Case in point, under Guardiola we have never won an away European knockout game, that's 7 games! In fact last time Barcelona won away in Europe in the knock-out rounds was against Schalke in 2008, 3 bloody years ago. That's why I didn't expect us to win yesterday, a draw or a slight win for Arsenal was my prediction and it happened.
Reply 4069
This video showed a spell in the 1st half by Barcelona which I can only applaud :adore:.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=FR&hl=fr&v=5AtxUbw15Zo

But the video shortly after I seen it has been removed due to copyright. "This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by UEFA."

In Summary:
35 passes in a row
Offside - Fabregas miss place pass and so Villa headed back to his teammate.
13 more passes in a row

In Nou Camp it might be more, due to the larger pitch size and home advantage, etc...
Reply 4070
Original post by Barça
His hobby is to pick mushrooms in the country side. How can such a man be evil :tongue:

Xavi :coma:, the man smacks pressure on the face.
Original post by Barça
Yep, it's going to be skins left on the grass crap again. Either way European tie's at the Camp Nou makes me very confident, it's where we really strut our stuff.

Case in point, under Guardiola we have never won an away European knockout game, that's 7 games! In fact last time Barcelona won away in Europe in the knock-out rounds was against Schalke in 2008, 3 bloody years ago. That's why I didn't expect us to win yesterday, a draw or a slight win for Arsenal was my prediction and it happened.

You're a mod as well now :colonhash: You are right about the dismal away record and the scary home record in the CL, I still think we can pull a shocker but Barca is still favourites, there is no doubt about that.

- Bayern Munich 2009

Away: 1-1. Home: 4-0

- Lyon 2009

Away: 1-1. Home: 5-2

- Stuttgart 2010

- Arsenal 2010

Away: 2-2. Home: 4-1

- Arsenal 2011

Away: 2-1. Home: ???????
Reply 4072
Original post by In2deep
You're a mod as well now :colonhash: You are right about the dismal away record and the scary home record in the CL, I still think we can pull a shocker but Barca is still favourites, there is no doubt about that.

- Bayern Munich 2009

- Lyon 2009

Away: 1-1. Home: 5-2

- Stuttgart 2010

- Arsenal 2010

Away: 2-2. Home: 4-1

- Arsenal 2011

Away: 2-1. Home: ???????

After seeing that I'm literally bricking it.
Still celebrating the win :smile:
This man is a legend
Reply 4075
Been buzzing to a whole new level. Truly amazing night! Unforgettable. Superb performances from Wilshere and Koscielny especially, against the might of Barca. It was written in the stars.

2003 - Inter Milan 1 - 5 Arsenal
2006 - Real Madrid 0 - 1 Arsenal
2006 - Arsenal 2 - 0 Juventus
2008 - AC Milan 0 - 2 Arsenal
2011 - Arsenal 2 - 1 Barcelona

The second leg will be a huge test, but nothing can take that game away from us. We'll need a full strength Arsenal side out at the Nou Camp, it'll be much stronger than the shoddy 2nd string we had last season. Come on Arsenal!

LOLOLOLOLOLOL
We just do our best by supporting our team last match.
Next match (the day after tomorrow) we still have to do it again.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 4078
Original post by antonfigo

I dont see the lol :dontknow:
Original post by Mess.
I dont see the lol :dontknow:

someone has put a pic of him "elbowing" gomes

Latest