Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Trent Freshers 2011-2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by beccah
I've heard Simpsons is quite good.
Norton Court, St. Peters Court and Cotton Mills are in Radford, yeah it's a bit of a rough area but it's not as bad as it's can be made out to be, it's a bit far out from City campus though. About a 20min walk if you're like me running late and walking ridiculously fast.

If you get placed in Accom last minute you could end up somwhere not so great, if thats the case I'd check out Cotton Mills or ask them about it cause it's a really good standard of living here and you get a lot more for your money (I think cause it's private) - I'm paying the same as what people at Sandby pay for a room twice the size (I've put a double bed in my room) and a proper bathroom not a white plastic box :smile: also the kitchen/living area is quite big and you only have to share that with 4/5 others, with free view tv - dont have to pay for a license etc.

Ah just some people were being charged for breaking/doing stuff at Sandby that they didn't actually do, so they're not happy.

Sorry I'm not much help, I don't really know how to go about booking accommodation for insurance etc.

How far is Cotton Mills from the Clifton campus?
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 341
Original post by beccah

What's life like in Cotton Mills? I was thinking about going straight for that instead of having to compete for halls, would you say that's worth it? :s-smilie:
Reply 342
Original post by Humz7
heyy, i've applied for psychology and sports science, not the same but close :P

yeah I was wondering, which campus is the best? or most popular?

I take it your going to be on the clifton campus?

I think I'm going to apply for one at clifton and one at city, and see what I get :smile:
Reply 343
Original post by Graceyy
I take it your going to be on the clifton campus?

I think I'm going to apply for one at clifton and one at city, and see what I get :smile:

at first my eyes were on the clifton campus but i'm a tad confused regarding accomodation now haha.

that sounds fair :smile:
Original post by Humz7
at first my eyes were on the clifton campus but i'm a tad confused regarding accomodation now haha.

that sounds fair :smile:

I'm a current student studying at clifton campus...why are you confused about accomodation?

if you have any questions, you can message me and i can help :smile:
Reply 345
Is anyone going to the open day on the 23rd Feb?
Original post by beccah
I've heard Simpsons is quite good.
Norton Court, St. Peters Court and Cotton Mills are in Radford, yeah it's a bit of a rough area but it's not as bad as it's can be made out to be, it's a bit far out from City campus though. About a 20min walk if you're like me running late and walking ridiculously fast.

If you get placed in Accom last minute you could end up somwhere not so great, if thats the case I'd check out Cotton Mills or ask them about it cause it's a really good standard of living here and you get a lot more for your money (I think cause it's private) - I'm paying the same as what people at Sandby pay for a room twice the size (I've put a double bed in my room) and a proper bathroom not a white plastic box :smile: also the kitchen/living area is quite big and you only have to share that with 4/5 others, with free view tv - dont have to pay for a license etc.

Ah just some people were being charged for breaking/doing stuff at Sandby that they didn't actually do, so they're not happy.

Sorry I'm not much help, I don't really know how to go about booking accommodation for insurance etc.

If i do go to Nottingham Trent, I've been told i'd probably have to rent out private accommodation.. so I guess that's what it'll be then. Thanks for your help :smile:
Original post by Humz7
heyy, i've applied for psychology and sports science, not the same but close :P

yeah I was wondering, which campus is the best? or most popular?

I am going to be doing the same course! In my opinion City campus is better than clifton in the fact everything is on your door step.
I am considering hampden, simpsons or gill street i think... undecided stil though
Reply 348
Original post by Swimmer
No idea :frown: i was hoping maybe someone in there could post a photo :smile:. Law, wbu?

psychology with sociology :biggrin:

I think I'm gonna try and go for blenheim accommodation now, but there arent very good reviews on it =/ confusing stuff eh haha x
Reply 349
hi everyone. ive got a conditional offer for spanish and media, is anyone else doing the same course? im 23 so classed as a mature student. think i fancy peverell clifton campus??
Reply 350
I might be staying in peverell but I'm doing a physics course. I'll be on the clifton campus anyway.
Reply 351
Original post by oliviaL

Original post by oliviaL
Anyone else aiming for Gill street? Hopefully it wont be to difficult to get into haha

Yeah I want to go there :smile: I'm not sure when we have to apply by though..... :s-smilie: Oh maaan!
Original post by Stephhcharlene
I am going to be doing the same course! In my opinion City campus is better than clifton in the fact everything is on your door step.
I am considering hampden, simpsons or gill street i think... undecided stil though

How far's Simpsons and how much is it per week?

I'm thinking Hampden because it's affordable (it's 6 per flat and 2 share bathroom facillities which isn't that bad). It's also on the doorstep of the city and campus:biggrin:
What are you looking to study, also when can we start booking our accomodation?
I'll be at freshers week!! My 19th is at the begining of it :biggrin: Who else is doing LLB law???
Reply 354
Original post by jrobertson46
I'll be at freshers week!! My 19th is at the begining of it :biggrin: Who else is doing LLB law???

Me :smile:
Reply 355
I got a conditional offer last week for Fashion Communication & Promotion and it's my firm choice so hopefully i'll be a fresher :biggrin:
I don't know which halls are the best though?!
Reply 356
people with conditional offers, if the accommodation booking this year is anything like last year you will have to be so quick in getting your accommodation. when booking opened (at 1.25am or something ridiculous) for conditional last year, there was hardly any left and from what i'm aware of now gill st is pretty much all people who had unconditionals. sandby was a fairly similar case. i went on at 7am and had the choice of 3 halls (excluding private)
All accomodation queries - go see the accomodation thread I made: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1525201
Reply 358
Original post by seabird
people with conditional offers, if the accommodation booking this year is anything like last year you will have to be so quick in getting your accommodation. when booking opened (at 1.25am or something ridiculous) for conditional last year, there was hardly any left and from what i'm aware of now gill st is pretty much all people who had unconditionals. sandby was a fairly similar case. i went on at 7am and had the choice of 3 halls (excluding private)

im worried now :/ haha where are you staying?
Reply 359
Original post by oliviaL
im worried now :/ haha where are you staying?

i'm at norton court. it's alright, just a 30 min walk (i'm slow haha, might be 20 mins for fast walkers) to uni and it gets a huge pain in the ass, and if it's raining then it's even worse. if i was going to pick with what i know now, i'd go for goldsmiths court or trinity square which are both private but are lovely and still have a good social side as well!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending