The Student Room Group

2011 Graduate Entry Medicine Applicants - Interviews, Offers etc.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by miklc
So sorry to hear that apotoftea :frown:
You're my favourite poster on here, really think you deserved it.

Original post by Sparko13
Dammit i am so annoyed on your behalf. As the poster above me said, you are my favourite poster on this site. Really sorry to hear this :frown:

Original post by DexterM
Noooooooooooo no no no no no :frown:

I'm so sorry. I know you're just a person on an internet forum but mate I seriously wanted you to get in. You will be a bloody good doctor.

Are you doing "the horror" again in March? If so, see you there.

Original post by baztech
Sorry apotoftea :frown: I'm sure you will have a sterling chance next year if you reapply? Have some Earl Grey on me :smile: x

Aww thanks guys :smile: Means a lot. Not quite sure what I'm going to do now. Got a lot that needs to be thought through I guess. Nope no SHAMSAT in March. IF I re-apply, I'll sit it in September...
Reply 321
Hey I'm a new member, I just wanted to see if anybody has received an interview offer for the GEM course at Leicester?

Reply 322
Original post by DexterM
Noooooooooooo no no no no no :frown:

I'm so sorry. I know you're just a person on an internet forum but mate I seriously wanted you to get in. You will be a bloody good doctor.

Are you doing "the horror" again in March? If so, see you there.

You cant really predict that one :wink:
hey guys, just an update on how im sitting..

liverpool - interviewed 14/02/11 - awaiting decision
bham - interview 25/02/11
warwick -rejected w/o interview (UKCAT 675)
newcastle- rejected w/o interview

anyone anything in common with me?
Reply 324
Original post by roystonvesey
hey guys, just an update on how im sitting..

liverpool - interviewed 14/02/11 - awaiting decision
bham - interview 25/02/11
warwick -rejected w/o interview (UKCAT 675)
newcastle- rejected w/o interview

anyone anything in common with me?

yep very similar profile to you!

had bham on 19/01 and got an offer on 25/01, had a liverpool invite for 14/02 but declined it because i knew it was my last choice. Had a swansea interview on 3/2- thought i would await their decision.
finally got rejected from warwick on the 14/02 assuming its my UKCAT- bit annoyed about warwick because they took so long and i didnt think my score was awful (672.5)- not even enough for a cheeky spot on the waiting list! But cant complain obviously because i have got a place.

good luck for bham, and how was liverpool?
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Lakqf4
yep very similar profile to you!

had bham on 19/01 and got an offer on 25/01, had a liverpool invite for 14/02 but declined it because i knew it was my last choice. Had a swansea interview on 3/2- thought i would await their decision.
finally got rejected from warwick on the 14/02 assuming its my UKCAT- bit annoyed about warwick because they took so long and i didnt think my score was awful (672.5)- not even enough for a cheeky spot on the waiting list! But cant complain obviously because i have got a place.

good luck for bham, and how was liverpool?

liverpool was good/weird.

interview was only about 10m long so felt like about 3m.

didnt ask me any q's on why med or why liverpool or the course, maybe i didnt let them though, i just went off on one whenever they asked a question so probs ran out of time.

from time i walked into med school to time i walked out was maybe 15m in total - very surreal.

came out thinking 9/10, now i think 7/10. hope i did enough!
Reply 326
liverpool was good/weird.

interview was only about 10m long so felt like about 3m.

didnt ask me any q's on why med or why liverpool or the course, maybe i didnt let them though, i just went off on one whenever they asked a question so probs ran out of time.

from time i walked into med school to time i walked out was maybe 15m in total - very surreal.

came out thinking 9/10, now i think 7/10. hope i did enough!

Does sound a bit weird! Saved £40 for 15minutes then by withdrawing! Is liverpool high up there for you?

Also good luck to everyone else for their interviews etc
Original post by Lakqf4
Does sound a bit weird! Saved £40 for 15minutes then by withdrawing! Is liverpool high up there for you?

Also good luck to everyone else for their interviews etc

yeh liverpool is probs my first choice, close between it and bham. I have friends and family there and was brought up there so thats appealing.

was refreshing not to be asked why medicine! after 6 months of this stressful process and willingness to commit X amount of money and 4 years of your life it is ****e when they ask you why med to see if you're commited...

i understand the reason why they ask but i cant help that it gets my back up!
Original post by Manclad
Hey I'm a new member, I just wanted to see if anybody has received an interview offer for the GEM course at Leicester?

Im still waiting to hear either way (i got interviews for my other choices)....
Original post by NewStitches
Im still waiting to hear either way (i got interviews for my other choices)....

What sorts of work experience portfolios do you Leicester applicants have?
Original post by obries11
Hi,

I'm still waiting tp hear from KCL regarding the GPEP programme. Dont know if its a good thing or a bad thing that I still haven't heard but I'm a nervous wreck at the moment!! I think those rejections were for people who were still waiting to hear regarding an interview becasue a guy in my class heard from them on Friday to say he had been unsuccessfull in getting an interview. Are you still waiting??

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Yes, still waiting, along with lots of others it seems :confused:
Have read all sorts of posts about what people have heard when they have phoned admissions, but they don't seem very clear.

I'm now almost convinced that I do not have an offer coming for the 4 year. If you think about the percentage of Kings GPEP interviewees that probably use forums it seems to make sense that the 3-4 offers reported online would account for about 10% of the total 30 odd that Kings say they give out (as in most people who have an offer are not going to be using a forum such as this or newmediamed etc)

But, I still can't help the feeling that there might still be a chance as it's not over till they send a rejection - that's what makes this waiting process so hard!
There could also be offers for the 5 year to come I guess, who knows.

Best of luck to everyone, hope we hear soon.

PS Anyone want to do a sweep stake on when we'll know? :smile:
I reckon 3rd week of March.
people thought about what they're gonna do if they dont get in, and where they’ll apply to next year?

i have 2 left to play (lpool and bham) and put my chances at 50%.

I think I will work for another year and try GEP again.

If I don’t get UKCAT >700 I wont bother with the UKCAT unis that’s for sure…
Reply 332
people thought about what they're gonna do if they dont get in, and where they’ll apply to next year?

Postgrad diploma in Physician Assistant Studies :smile:
Reply 333
Original post by byebyebadman

I'm still waiting for Leicester GEP... not very hopeful at this late stage!

I have a year and a half HCSW, and because of how they work it out I also will have scored very highly on their UKCAT section. I thought Leicester was actually my best shot this year. Oh well.
Reply 334
I got a rejection from Kings last week without having an interview.
Does anyone know roughly what the cutoff UKCAT score was? (or did they use PS aswell?)
Reply 335

I have a year volunteering part time with the NAS and a year working in a nursing home. What about yourself?

Original post by DexterM
I'm still waiting for Leicester GEP... not very hopeful at this late stage!

I have a year and a half HCSW, and because of how they work it out I also will have scored very highly on their UKCAT section. I thought Leicester was actually my best shot this year. Oh well.

Ach the way in see it is no news is good news... :smile: what was your lower UKCAT?

Ive been an NHS support worker for the last 3 years, LD & Mental Health...
My lower UKCAT isnt great - 630. I probably have a better chance elsewhere.
Reply 337
Original post by Manclad

Ach the way in see it is no news is good news... :smile: what was your lower UKCAT?

All sections were >650 so I think that's pretty good. My A-Levels are tosh though, so maybe that has something to do with it.
Original post by chem_ist
I got a rejection from Kings last week without having an interview.
Does anyone know roughly what the cutoff UKCAT score was? (or did they use PS aswell?)

i think it's in the low 700's, they take the top 25% ish of ukcat scores then look through your reference, PS and stuff to pick who to interview.

This is what they say on their myapp thing anyway...
Reply 339
Original post by Manclad

Hey,

I had an interview at the beginning of jan and haven't heard back as of yet, but they said we might not hear till march... ive got my fingers firmly crossed!

Quick Reply

Latest