The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Mmmhmm
Yeah, I realise I was being a bit unfair about his acting. First role and 5 years ago.
I just don't like him.

He comes across as overly cocky and pompous.
Can anyone recommend me a really good documentary? Recently I've watched Last Train Home, Best Worst Movie and King of Kong and pretty much loved them all - so I'm looking to continue the documentary binge.
Original post by boysenberry
Can anyone recommend me a really good documentary? Recently I've watched Last Train Home, Best Worst Movie and King of Kong and pretty much loved them all - so I'm looking to continue the documentary binge.

Catfish could qualify.

Documentaries (courtesy of Phalanges)

Roger & Me (1989, Michael Moore)

Bloody Sunday (2002, Paul Greengrass)

An Inconvenient Truth (2006, Davis Guggenheim)

The Cove (2009, Louie Psihoyos)

Man On Wire (2008, James Marsh)

Thin Blue Line (1988, Errol Morris)

Hoop Dreams (1994, Steve James)

Fahrenheit 911 (2004, Michael Moore)

One Day in September (1999, Kevin Macdonald)

Super Size Me (2004, Morgan Spurlock)

The Yes Men, The Yes Men Fix The World (2003, 2009, Various)

The War Game (1965, Peter Watkins)

Enron: Smartest Guys in the Room (2005, Alex Gibney and Jason Kliot)

Touching the Void (2003, Kevin Macdonald)

Grizzly Man (2005, Werner Herzog)

Earthlings

Waltz With Bashir (2009, Ari Folman)

King of Kong (2007, Seth Gordon)

The Cove :yep:

was like an eye-gasm.

Though the bit where what's-his-name comes riding on the orange-dragon-thing and reels off this amazing speech about uniting clans and vanquishing the foes who threaten the mother soil (or something), made me laugh :teehee:

EDIT: Forgot to mention. I watched 500 Days of Summer last night. Now that is a good film.
I swear this thread is just turning into massive deja vu. Every time I look at there seems to be the same conversations happening about The Adjustment Bureau.
I take back my deleted comment. What a nobody.
So you guys heard of this new film called The Adjustment Bureau? Looks good, like a cross between Inception and other thrillers.

Original post by Phalanges
I swear this thread is just turning into massive deja vu. Every time I look at there seems to be the same conversations happening about The Adjustment Bureau.

Loool

so yeah, phalanges have you heard of this film called The Adjustment Bureau? starting Matt Damon and Emily Blunt... I think we should discuss it some more :biggrin:
Although he does have roles in 'Now' and rumoured to have a role in 'The Seventh Son'.

If he can pull off a decent performance in these he might move up a notch.
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
I take back my deleted comment. What a nobody.

ahhhh, he just needs to keep his head in check and not act like a petulant teenager really, get some more successful big film roles then act like a primadonna if you want, like Christian bale
Original post by lukejoshjedi
ahhhh, he just needs to keep his head in check and not act like a petulant teenager really, get some more successful big film roles then act like a primadonna if you want, like Christian bale

The thing is Christian Bale can act therefore i can forgive him for acting like a **** on set.
true, true - Bale can play an angry, frustrated man past breaking point so well in so many roles that I wonder if he's even acting at times

got quite the temper on him
Original post by cambo211

Original post by cambo211
The thing is Christian Bale can act therefore i can forgive him for acting like a **** on set.

Do you really think anyone's in a position to judge whether or not Pettyfer can act? If Dreamworks are still backing him they must see something in him, and from the little I've ever seen of him he's impressed me more than someone like Shia LeBouef ever has.

I can forgive Bale for his outburst because he apologised unreservedly. Were he to have been convicted of assault in 2008, I'd be less likely to forgive that.
Having watched some Pettyfer films, Shia LeBouef is a better actor than Alex Pettfyer.
Alex Pettyfer isn't a bad actor imo but he needs more roles and experience simply enough, there's almost no excuse for his diva like behaviour if these rumours are true. Just needs time really

and to not be a douchebag
Based on the few films he's been in up to date I think it's fair to say that he doesn't come across as a fantastic actor and if the piece posted earlier is true i think he's taking a few too many liberties.

Latest

Trending

Trending