The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4080
absolutely loove theo walcott!!!!
Reply 4081
Trying to remember what scorelines for the second leg will see us go through is going to do my head in while watching the actual match at the Nou Camp. Any draw would win it for us. And as long as we can score once, a loss by one goal will keep us in as well.

0-0 - Arsenal
1-0 - Barcelona
1-1 - Arsenal
2-0 - Barcelona
2-1 - Extra Time/Penalties
2-2 - Arsenal
3-0 - Barcelona
3-1 - Barcelona
3-2 - Arsenal
3-3 - Arsenal
4-0 - Barcelona
4-1 - Barcelona
4-2 - Barcelona
4-3 - Arsenal

I can see us losing 3-2 at the Nou Camp and going through on away goals. They're obviously going to score - going by their previous home record probably quite a few. We just need to keep up while not slipping up at the back for a cricket score.

Could definitely see Barca going 2-0 up, us pulling one back to 2-1, them getting another for 3-1, then us getting a late goal for 3-2 and make it through!

Edit: Imagine a re-run of Wednesday's game, but instead of going 1-0 down we go 3-0 down before half-time..... then come back and score 2 again in the same manner we did this week and go through! My head would probably explode.
(edited 13 years ago)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bT8luS1NPcQ

Still can't get over this bit if you stop at 5:55, that would have made things so much easier for us.
Reply 4083
Barca are still massive favourites to go through, it's almost inconceivable that they won't score. I think we'll need at least two away goals and another outstanding defensive display before a hostile crowd.

I say two away goals because I don't think we are going to concede four goals. If we do, we don't deserve to be going through.
Reply 4084
I really think we just have to be patient in the second leg and defend really well. Our tactic is usually to just keep the pressure on, be patient, and we get our goals in the last quarter of the game when the other team is tiring. Don't think many people expected that to work against Barca, I certainly didn't, but getting those two goals proves that it's still a viable strategy.

If we can stop them scoring at all in the first half next match I think we would be in a fantastic position.
Did anyone catch the Barca game again on ITV4? I watched the 2nd half up until Arshavins goal and loved every minute of it :P
Reply 4088
JK.
OP
Original post by CupidStunt
Did anyone catch the Barca game again on ITV4? I watched the 2nd half up until Arshavins goal and loved every minute of it :P

Yep, saw it all. :coma:
Reply 4089
To be completely honest, I don't think we'll score at the Camp Nou. :frown: Consequently, I don't think were going to go through.

I do hope I'm wrong and everything, but yeah.
Original post by Abiraleft
To be completely honest, I don't think we'll score at the Camp Nou. :frown: Consequently, I don't think were going to go through.

I do hope I'm wrong and everything, but yeah.

maybe a 3-2 :coma: that would be awesome!! :coma:

I wouldn't mind a win too :rolleyes:

But I do get what you're trying to say.
01 Almunia
03 Sagna
05 Vermaelen
18 Silvestre (Eboue 63)
22 Clichy
02 Diaby
07 Rosicky (Eduardo 73)
08 Nasri
14 Walcott
15 Denilson
52 Bendtner

Was the team we fielded last time and we really should've been 0-2 up if Diaby was thinking -- straight after Bendtner's goal, Diaby had the easy opportunity to play Walcott in again, but because he doesn't have a brain, he didn't choose to do it.

We are not favourites to qualify but I'm surprised if Arsenal fans don't fancy us to get goals there.

Anyway, there's way too much talk of the Barca game and people seem to be getting carried away (not with our chances of qualifying -- most seem to be quite realistic about that, but more the significance of it.

There are 3 other trophies to play for. I'm very much looking forward to the FA Cup game on Sunday. A win against Leyton Orient and we're into the quarter-finals (or 6th round). Big game.
Pretty sure we'll score in Barcelona tbh. We did it last year with a decimated squad, with Bendtner as the focal point, so I'm pretty sure we'll do it again lol.
Didn't know if anyone had mentioned it, but James Shea has gone to Southampton on an emergency loan deal.

I'm assured it is completely irrelevant to any potential offer for Oxlade-Chamberlain (who I don't think we'll sign anyway).

Gives Martinez more game time with the Reserves, which can only be a good thing.
Reply 4094
Original post by amii_G
2-1 Arsenal

What a prediction. :colone:
Reply 4095
Original post by JK.
Yep, saw it all. :coma:

Wow, congrats on your Mod status! :eek: :biggrin: It's been a while since I've been on here.

Not allowed to rep you again :rolleyes:
That doesn't even surprise me with Jack!
Original post by Psychotic546
Not allowed to rep you again :rolleyes:
That doesn't even surprise me with Jack!

It works for me now, Wilshere's posted a reply. No idea why they're having this conversation publicly but whatever.
Lol @ chelsea another competition they're out of!
Reply 4099
Lol Chelsea out on pens!

Latest