Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Official Warwick Applicants Thread 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1800
Original post by SD18
Predicted 42points for the IB

Really? Bloody Hell. I'm bound to be rejected. Only predicted 36..
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 1801
Original post by Neisco
Really? Bloody Hell. I'm bound to be rejected. Only predicted 36..

Yeah afraid so. Depends on your course but good luck!
I got a conditional offer from Warwick (computer science) today, but I'm not sure what they want : This offer is subject to you obtaining an academic reference from ******* University acceptable to this University together with official verification of all your previous qualifications and the academic reference on your UCAS application.
I finished school last year and studying at other university in my country, not UK, so as I got an offer, I am going to drop out after first year. However I'm not sure what this offer means: if I need just my grades from university or verification or anyone from staff to write anything... :wink:
Original post by lamejorieva
I got a conditional offer from Warwick (computer science) today, but I'm not sure what they want : This offer is subject to you obtaining an academic reference from ******* University acceptable to this University together with official verification of all your previous qualifications and the academic reference on your UCAS application.
I finished school last year and studying at other university in my country, not UK, so as I got an offer, I am going to drop out after first year. However I'm not sure what this offer means: if I need just my grades from university or verification or anyone from staff to write anything... :wink:

You need to:
*Send in a signed copy of the reference you used on UCAS in you applications to the UK
*Send a copy of your High School diploma
*Get an additional reference from the university which you are currently at.
*There is no mention of your university grades, so don't worry about that
I applied for Warwick about four weeks ago. Just checked the status there now and it said the status was still "payment received."

Looking at the list of status' should it not at this stage say "application with department"?

I submitted all of the supporting documents etc. but am now worried that one (or both...) of my references forgot to post my reference and have ended up sabotaging my application! :cool:

edit: I'm applying for an MSc btw, though am presuming the status descriptions will be the same for undergrad and postgrad.
Reply 1805
Is it really worth asking for feedback? I don't want to bother unless I'll get a substantive response.
Original post by Liles93
Just got History (V100), was so not expecting that! :biggrin:

AAB :smile:

Woo congrats!!!! Do you mind telling me when you sent your application please? I'm still waiting, expecting a rejection but just want them to let me know one way or the other!
Reply 1807
Original post by hispol
Is it really worth asking for feedback? I don't want to bother unless I'll get a substantive response.

I'm not sure what your're planning to do. I you want to reapply next year or just out of curiostiy I would do so.
I asked one university I was rejected from and they told me my predicted grades were too low.

You should not expect a whole essay explaining the reasons but at least a few sentences conatining the prime reason for the rejection, e.g. too weak PS.
Original post by andy_mcnally6
Hi,

I see that you have an offer for European Law at Warwick - I am still waiting for mine. Have you applied for the French/German/ICP?

I applied for French, you? :smile:
Original post by alibobs
Woo congrats!!!! Do you mind telling me when you sent your application please? I'm still waiting, expecting a rejection but just want them to let me know one way or the other!

Thank you! I sent mine in early October because I applied to Oxford, only just heard though :P
Reply 1810
Original post by Sappho
1.2, I'm impressed:biggrin: Do you have LKs (no idea whether I asked you that before, sorry)?
Do you think you'll be able to visit the unis before you decide?

We have a new "oberstufen" system in thuringia, therefore we have 4 "LKs" but with only 4 hours per week in each subject. (I chose computer sience, geography, english and maths)

I´m going to visit York March 2nd and I really want to visit warwick as well.
Reply 1811
Original post by .am.
Hey, I'm from Germany too. My Predicted Abitur Is 1.3.
Is yours an 1.4 offer?
Have you already visited the two universities. I think both are really Great!

That´s a coincidence. My offer is indeed an 1.4 offer and 11 points in English and 12 in maths.
As I said at the other post I´m going to visit York at PPE open day March 2nd. Did you visit one already?
Original post by Liles93
Thank you! I sent mine in early October because I applied to Oxford, only just heard though :P

Ooooh I see, thanks! I sent mine the end of November....wish they would hurry up lol. Congrats again :smile:
Reply 1813
Original post by .am.
I'm not sure what your're planning to do. I you want to reapply next year or just out of curiostiy I would do so.
I asked one university I was rejected from and they told me my predicted grades were too low.

You should not expect a whole essay explaining the reasons but at least a few sentences conatining the prime reason for the rejection, e.g. too weak PS.

Why would I reapply? I have other offers. I was just asking because I'm curious as to why I was rejected.
Original post by catalina18
I applied for French, you? :smile:

German and they are taking forever!!
Reply 1815
Original post by Sappho
I got an offer to read Classics at Warwick back in December:smile:
Fingers crossed for Durham then! I applied there too, and I was tild which college I'd go to today:smile: Which college did you apply to?

Aha double congratulations!

I did an open application :biggrin:

which you firming Durham or Warwick?
Reply 1816
Original post by Damamat
Aha double congratulations!

I did an open application :biggrin:

which you firming Durham or Warwick?

Tbh, atm it looks like neither of them :redface:
I'm travelling to Scotland in two weeks to look at Edinburgh (no decision yet) and St Andrews (offer), and I'll probably firm one of those two:smile:
What about you?
Original post by andy_mcnally6
German and they are taking forever!!

When did you apply? And if you get Warwick would it be your firm?
In my experience, Warwick do sometimes take a long time sending out offers.

I have applied to do a PGCE in secondary English with drama at Warwick. I sent my application quite late though.

I have already studied English Literature and German at Warwick (2006-2010) and absolutely love the University.
Original post by Miss_Scarlet
In my experience, Warwick do sometimes take a long time sending out offers.

I have applied to do a PGCE in secondary English with drama at Warwick. I sent my application quite late though.

I have already studied English Literature and German at Warwick (2006-2010) and absolutely love the University.

Even after 3 years?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending