The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3820
does any1 have a milestone 2 ? (motorola)
Anyone owns HTC desire here???

I want to know that UK's HTC desire is made in which country????
Original post by mikeyd85
Root and flash it then :wink:

I'd still be on Éclair if it wasn't for a bloke I only know as Feeyo making a Gingerbread port for my Hero.

Edit: At a guess, a phone released with Donut is going to have ARMv6 processor, so you probably won't be able to run flash anyway.

I think I know how to root but not too sure about flashing it. How would I be able to do that?
Original post by mikeyd85
Such as? (Just curious)

Various things, mostly the restricted app store (although I love the abundance of apps), restricted customisation, lack of widgets, lack of flash and lack of mobile hotspot (it's apparently coming to the iPhone, but I'd have to pay extra to my network for data :angry:).

Original post by bigmo7
Ha! Sorry I couldn't help myself :colondollar: You're like one of the biggest Apple advocates on TSR..

I'm still an Apple fan, albeit only because of Macs now :pierre:
Original post by Addzter

Original post by Addzter

This.
Reply 3825
Original post by Addzter
Various things, mostly the restricted app store (although I love the abundance of apps), restricted customisation, lack of widgets, lack of flash and lack of mobile hotspot (it's apparently coming to the iPhone, but I'd have to pay extra to my network for data :angry:).

Yeah I have to admit I went back on my iPod after 3 or 4 months and the apps are awesome, although some apps on Android are awesome too but not as many. Widgets are awesome, FACT! :awesome:
I think mobile hotspot is available in the US now iirc but they charge extra on the iPhone don't they?

I want a Mac, can't justify the price tag though :s-smilie: Never used one before though. :K:

On a different note, anyone fancy making a list of apps and games that are 'must haves'? Put them in the OP or something? Thought? :biggrin:
So guys, what's going on with Android? Update me, because I'm falling outside of the loop. Too busy working disgusting hours and being here there and everywhere.

Don't make me research. Do some bullet points for me (to research myself), but not on:
- Honeycomb
- Nexus S
- Android Coding
- Apple iPhone 5 rumours

Anything else would be much appreciated lol!
(edited 13 years ago)
Does anyone else have a problem with sending emails from your university email address? I have a desire and am able to receive emails but unable to send any.
Original post by ApexPredator
Does anyone else have a problem with sending emails from your university email address? I have a desire and am able to receive emails but unable to send any.

I have that.
Original post by bigmo7
Yeah I have to admit I went back on my iPod after 3 or 4 months and the apps are awesome, although some apps on Android are awesome too but not as many. Widgets are awesome, FACT! :awesome:
I think mobile hotspot is available in the US now iirc but they charge extra on the iPhone don't they?

I want a Mac, can't justify the price tag though :s-smilie: Never used one before though. :K:

On a different note, anyone fancy making a list of apps and games that are 'must haves'? Put them in the OP or something? Thought? :biggrin:

Ha, yeah I can see myself buying an iPod Touch later in the year once I miss some of my games :tongue:

Mobile hotspot is available on Verizon and apparently other networks are planning to implement it, but it'll be down to the networks whether or not you get it, and they get to charge what they want, which is annoying. :angry:

Same :frown: I have a Macbook atm, but it's packing in. I think I'm going to save up for an Air before I go to uni in September.
Original post by Addzter

I have to admit I did almost spit my drink out when I read it... :p:
Original post by Mad Vlad
I have to admit I did almost spit my drink out when I read it... :p:

Ha, well at least I'm not being stubborn and keeping my iPhone when I'm unhappy with it! :smile:
Original post by Addzter

Original post by Addzter
Ha, well at least I'm not being stubborn and keeping my iPhone when I'm unhappy with it! :smile:

Johncha is going to try and change your mind, he had a bad experience with the Nexus S. I'm not surprised gingerbread seemed a bit half baked and then most apps didn't run smoothly as it had just been released.
Original post by Addzter

My respect for you has increased. :pierre:
Original post by yoyo462001
Johncha is going to try and change your mind, he had a bad experience with the Nexus S. I'm not surprised gingerbread seemed a bit half baked and then most apps didn't run smoothly as it had just been released.

Yeah, I'm pretty glad I didn't decide to go for the Nexus S at Christmas. because of the software issues. I doubt Samsung would release the Galaxy S II with their own skin if they weren't happy with the OS. But I'm definitely going to hold out for reviews first. I'm also quite interested in the Optimus 3D. :pierre:
Reply 3835
Original post by yoyo462001

Haha...I was wondering why he's not been on this thread for a while now!

Original post by Addzter
Yeah, I'm pretty glad I didn't decide to go for the Nexus S at Christmas. because of the software issues. I doubt Samsung would release the Galaxy S II with their own skin if they weren't happy with the OS. But I'm definitely going to hold out for reviews first. I'm also quite interested in the Optimus 3D. :pierre:

If they release it with Touchwiz UI then you'll probably wanna get rid and put your own launcher on. Touchwiz is sucky...:yes:
Original post by bigmo7
Haha...I was wondering why he's not been on this thread for a while now!

If they release it with Touchwiz UI then you'll probably wanna get rid and put your own launcher on. Touchwiz is sucky...:yes:

It does come with the new version of TouchWiz apparently. What would you recommend? I've heard good things about ADW and Launcher Pro, but I'm confused as to the benefits of using them over what you get out of the box. :confused:

Original post by G8D
Running Gingerbread on my HD2, it's really pretty amazing.

AND IT LOOKS LIKE A CRT WHEN YOU TURN THE SCREEN OFF FFS

That is quite awesome though. Friends **** themselves into thinking they have broken it when you turn the screen off
Reply 3838
Original post by Addzter
It does come with the new version of TouchWiz apparently. What would you recommend? I've heard good things about ADW and Launcher Pro, but I'm confused as to the benefits of using them over what you get out of the box. :confused:

Im a launcher pro fan, mainly because of its shiny animations and speed benifits over Touchwiz
Launcher pro ! Pwns htc sense

Latest

Trending

Trending