The Student Room Group

at what age does virginity become weird?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by chronic_fatigue
Not everyone has strong 'urges'. She may get horny every once in a while but so what. Doesn't mean she has to have it now, if she wants to wait for marriage then what is wrong with it? With your repsonse its no wonder she feels a little insecure about her virginity. I repsect the OP, most girls I know have lost it already and have slept with dozens of boys by 17/18.

what?? i have urges just like everyone else. but i own 5 vibrators and manage myself until i am married or else consecrated to the Lord!!!
Original post by shinytoy
what?? i have urges just like everyone else. but i own 5 vibrators and manage myself until i am married or else consecrated to the Lord!!!

Lol, I did say 'she may get horny every once in a while'. Course everyone has urges, some people have strong ones maybe you are one of them.
Reply 22
30-34, I have no idea why but I just think it would be a bit weird if someone hadn't had sex by the time they were 30.
I don't understand, is it lack of opportunity or desire why you haven't lost it yet?

tbf, if you're holding out, I doubt you'd find yourself in a relationship where the person would get freaked out and run a mile if they found out you were a virgin, because it seems you would only have sex in a serious relationship, and people tend not to be douche bags about these things when they have real affections for the other person.

In short, the right person won't care.
Reply 24
no i was not at all religious until age 19 when i saw the face of the Lord and was drawn into becoming the youngest person on my RCIA Roman Catholic Conversion Course! when i was 15 if anyone saifd i would turn religious or Biblical i would laugh but i dont know what happened!!!

i think the Lord has chosen me to exhault His name and walk in His ways because I am strong and need to show others the Lords true way!!

i guess this actually answers my OP question. i should not be ashamed about my virginity even if others think is weird, because then I can talk to others about the Lord. most kids see promiscuity and nudity all around and on all tv channels, but i am good looking and p/t model and quite cool so hopefully people will listen to me and see they dont need to dress in fishnets to walk around tesco or have like 10 partners by age 16 to fit in societys idea of what cool peopel should be like.

Praise the Lord!! silent Cho0s, i will pray that the Lord will shine His glorious face toward you and move into your life!!!:smile:

Ok, now I'm 99% sure this is a troll :rolleyes:

Did the Lord also tell you to refrain from capitalising "I"?
Reply 25
well?

im 25 and still one. when i was younger i used to think 20 was the cut-off, then when i was 20 i thought 25 is kinda weird. now im 25 and foreseeably will probably still be one when im say 29/30 becaus im waiting for marriage and havent had a monogamous relationship for the last 6 or 7 years.

obviously there is the hideous film saying 40 is too old.

but if you met an attractive dude/girl and got chatting and dating and they revealed their virginity to you, what is the maximum age would they have to be for you to think "omg that is toooo weird im outta here...."

You should change your username to 'silverbullet'.
Reply 26
These type of threads appear with embarrassing regularity. Virginity is something personal - to some people it doesn't mean anything, to others it's everything, and then there's a whole spectrum in between.

I suppose what I'm trying to say, in the nicest possible way, is who cares? If you want to wait until marriage, that's your personal choice and how other people react to that is up to them. Posting yet another thread on TSR won't suddenly solve the question of how old is too old, mainly because it's not a question that you should be concerned with.
There probably are situations where if someone revealed they were a virgin and they were past a certain age, it might seem odd, but that's really no one's business but their own.

I'm not quite sure what I'm trying to say here - I suppose I'm just ranting about the obsession with this topic on TSR!
I lost mine at 23.

25 was my 'get a gun and shoot myself' cut-off. Lol.
XCVI
Reply 29
Er I would say that it really doesn't matter as long as your comfortable... I was 16 and happy with that... I have a friend who is 23 and is a virgin and happy... It doesn't matter
Reply 30
Didn't you know boys only like girls who have slept with at least 100 boys and have been around the block hundreds of times.

Also, didn't you know that a matyr is promised 7 virgins when he gets to heaven as a punishment because everybody hates virgins.
Reply 31
well?

It only becomes weird once you’re in a situation with someone that wants to have sex and you do too… but you won’t because of other concerns.
Reply 32
Original post by chronic_fatigue
Not everyone has strong 'urges'. She may get horny every once in a while but so what. Doesn't mean she has to have it now, if she wants to wait for marriage then what is wrong with it? With your repsonse its no wonder she feels a little insecure about her virginity. I repsect the OP, most girls I know have lost it already and have slept with dozens of boys by 17/18.

Virginity is neither a reason to respect or disrespect anybody.
Reply 33

Um, correct me if I'm wrong - but I thought Catholics frowned upon Masturbation?

..And contraception of any form, or anything that isn't procreative sex?

:s-smilie:
Reply 34
I ticked the 18-20 category because honestly, if a guy was still a virgin at that age I would be a little suspicious as to why. Not saying I would run for the hills, but I would be curious.
Reply 35
You don't really expect anyone in over 20 to be a virgin. If you were dating and you found that out about someone it would pretty weird.

I think over the age of 18 it definitely becomes an issue, people will begin questioning why you are still a virgin and would be perceived negatively.
Reply 36
i think 25 is the limit.
Reply 37
Original post by Louzilla
30-34, I have no idea why but I just think it would be a bit weird if someone hadn't had sex by the time they were 30.

Some people are just unlucky if the girls keep turning them down. What they supposed to do?
20 I'd say.
Reply 39
Original post by pipster93

Original post by pipster93
Um, correct me if I'm wrong - but I thought Catholics frowned upon Masturbation?

..And contraception of any form, or anything that isn't procreative sex?

:s-smilie:

This is why this is an obvious troll.

Quick Reply