The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Seriously, can we stop with all the pictures that are making me feel a little bit sick :p:
If anyone has access to the following article, I'd be grateful if you could send it me. PM me if you're feeling generous and I'll give you my e-mail address :p:
Fingolimod is a potential novel therapy for multiple sclerosis
Nature Reviews Neurology 6, 372-383
July 2010
http://www.nature.com/nrneurol/journal/v6/n7/full/nrneurol.2010.76.html

EDIT - Initially at first glance I thought that pig tongue was some bizarre creature's penis-and-*******s-based delicacy from somewhere like Peru or Cambodia.
(edited 13 years ago)
That pig tongue seems to have eyes :eek: Eww.
Reply 1203
This made me laugh more than it should have.

There are times when I want to punch people posessing penises in the face (nice alliteration too).
Reply 1205
wtf is tripe? can't figure it out? i'm vegetarian, i once thought gammon was a type of fish. (I mean come on it does sound like a type of fish right? Salmon? Gammon?...)
Original post by visesh

I can assure you that we don't have any Harvey's. :shifty:
Original post by lekky
wtf is tripe? can't figure it out? i'm vegetarian, i once thought gammon was a type of fish. (I mean come on it does sound like a type of fish right? Salmon? Gammon?...)

Cow stomach. Can't say I've ever eaten it myself, nor am I keen to try it.
Reply 1208
Original post by Helenia
Cow stomach. Can't say I've ever eaten it myself, nor am I keen to try it.

Om nom nom
Original post by visesh

Why is it funny?

(not rhetorical, I'm just being dense).
I can't unclench my right hand. Half the skin is ripped off. Stupid rowing. I'm not really sure what to do about it. The reason I'm posting this here is because I expect some of you might have some first aid advice :p: I don't think simply a plaster would work. Usually I'd live with it, but an excessively large amount of skin came off.
Original post by Jessaay!

I can't unclench my right hand. Half the skin is ripped off. Stupid rowing. I'm not really sure what to do about it. The reason I'm posting this here is because I expect some of you might have some first aid advice :p: I don't think simply a plaster would work. Usually I'd live with it, but an excessively large amount of skin came off.

:doctor: :p:

Apart from that, I don't have any useful advice :wink:

That doesn't sound very health Miss. :lol:

I can't offer advice to someone that goes to UCL though, sorry. :hand:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by win2kpro
That doesn't sound very health Miss. :lol:

I can't offer advice to someone that goes to UCL though, sorry. :hand:

How'd you know my surname? :holmes: Apologies if there's a fairly obvious reason for this, I'm just curious and probably a bit dense because of my awful hangover.

Well if you ever find yourself in an awful road accident or something and I happen to be there you're not getting any help from me :hand: (ironically, I really can't do the hand thing at the moment so that'd be more of a fist)

Also, does anyone from Barts know anything about the guy who allegedly ended up in Bangladesh after taking a drunk trip last night/yesterday/something like that? One of your rowers overheard me talking to my friend on the train to rowing about last night so he started talking to us and then he got a phone call from someone sayng he didn't need to be there because someone was in Bangladesh. I found it amusing, but bizarre.
(edited 13 years ago)

Gauze soaked in antiseptic, on your palm? Can either bandage it on, or if you can't unclench your fist, just use your fingers to hold it on?

This is why I don't do any form of sport :yes:
Reply 1215
Without seeing it my advice would be; clean it well. Savlon or similar if you have it. Leave it to heal. Avoid irritants or dirt. MIU/WIC/A&E (in that order) if worse.

How'd you know my surname? :holmes:
I'd sort your facebook privacy out.

Also, does anyone from Barts know anything about the guy who allegedly ended up in Bangladesh after taking a drunk trip last night/yesterday/something like that? One of your rowers overheard me talking to my friend on the train to rowing about last night so he started talking to us and then he got a phone call from someone sayng he didn't need to be there because someone was in Bangladesh. I found it amusing, but bizarre.Nothing on my facestalk...
How'd you know my surname? :holmes: Apologies if there's a fairly obvious reason for this, I'm just curious and probably a bit dense because of my awful hangover.

Well if you ever find yourself in an awful road accident or something and I happen to be there you're not getting any help from me :hand: (ironically, I really can't do the hand thing at the moment so that'd be more of a fist)

Also, does anyone from Barts know anything about the guy who allegedly ended up in Bangladesh after taking a drunk trip last night/yesterday/something like that? One of your rowers overheard me talking to my friend on the train to rowing about last night so he started talking to us and then he got a phone call from someone sayng he didn't need to be there because someone was in Bangladesh. I found it amusing, but bizarre.

I probably shouldn't have typed it on here, apologies. (EDIT: Just removed it. :yy:)

I wouldn't want help from an alcoholic anyway! :teehee:

Loool, nah haven't heard anything about that, nothing on facebook about it either. :holmes:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1217
quick question, when presenting your examination findings we are told to give positives and negatives - surely it would take far too long to list all negatives?
Original post by win2kpro
I probably shouldn't have typed it on here, apologies. (EDIT: Just removed it. :yy:)

I wouldn't want help from an alcoholic anyway! :teehee:

Loool, nah haven't heard anything about that, nothing on facebook about it either. :holmes:

No worries at all :p: I'm probably the least privacy paranoid person in the world. Was curious how you knew though. Still am. :holmes:
Original post by Renal
Without seeing it my advice would be; clean it well. Savlon or similar if you have it. Leave it to heal. Avoid irritants or dirt. MIU/WIC/A&E (in that order) if worse.

I'd sort your facebook privacy out.

Cheers for the advice. I'm slightly paranoid because thames water isn't exactly clean. It'll probably be fine though. There was no blood and it's not even massively painful unless I stretch it too much or get salt in it.

I didn't think it was even possible to find me on facebook without previously knowing my surname :holmes: Unless you go through the networks.

Latest

Trending

Trending