The Student Room Group

Girls: what would you think of a guy with mild alcohol intolerance?

dont get me wrong: i do like drinking socially. i love to go out clubbing whenever possible and house parties are fun too.

i do have mild alcohol intolerance though sadly. it means i have to stick to weak stuff or if i am drinking very strong stuff, i have to drink it slowly. it means i cant down things like pints and shots without feeling very ill and if i go too far, i am physically sick and have been known to pass out before on what most people would consider not a lot. i have to pace myself when drinking and i prefer sticking to weak stuff - lambrini is a favourite of mine:biggrin: (cheap, tasty and relatively weak)

i can have fun of course but it does mean i cant drink as much as other people. would this put you off at all?

Scroll to see replies

It doesn't impress me much when 'lads' show off about drinking, so it wouldn't bother me. As long as you know how to have a good time, most girls will find it funny that you are a lightweight, but not off putting. P.s Lambrini is not cool :tongue:
Reply 2
Original post by Smelly Ellie
P.s Lambrini is not cool :tongue:

I concur.
Reply 3
Original post by Smelly Ellie
It doesn't impress me much when 'lads' show off about drinking, so it wouldn't bother me. As long as you know how to have a good time, most girls will find it funny that you are a lightweight, but not off putting. P.s Lambrini is not cool :tongue:

why is lambrini not cool?:frown: i like it. it gets me drunk. i dont see the problem.:s-smilie:
Reply 4
I'm not "impressed" with drinking. It means nothing. So it's all jolly good:smile:
I rarely drink anyway.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by robotwars
why is lambrini not cool?:frown: i like it. it gets me drunk. i dont see the problem.:s-smilie:

I dunno... Just reminds me of little girls drinking on street corners, but hey, whatever floats your boat!
I don't drink at all, so it would not bother me.

I don't think there is anything wrong with drinking or not drinking. Do what makes you happy, not what makes other people happy. Besides, I personally think people who drink excessively/way too much are less attractive than someone who does not drink or only drinks a little!
Wouldn't care. It's actually kind of refreshing. So long as you - still like going out and fun (which it looks like you do) it wouldn't bother me in the slightest.
:lolwut: I really don't think anyone would care...
I find it hilarious (in a good way) when I can out drink guys (the current guy I'm with can't have more than about 6 drinks in a night without severe consequences whereas that would equate to pre drinks for me!)

But as others have said Lambrini is a no go!
If that puts girls off, then i'm in a bit of trouble seeing as I dont drink..at all...:moon:
Reply 11
Original post by supernova92
:lolwut: I really don't think anyone would care...

you would be surprised. i get comments from people all the time 'why are you on weak stuff?' and 'drink faster!' and 'down it' etc. from girls and guys alike, in big groups and even people asking me about it on their own.

i have had to leave drinking games early (saying i have to go to the toilet and then hiding out in my room or something till i feel better) because i know i would feel like **** and probably embarrass myself by being sick if i was forced to down drinks (and you cant say no when a group of about 10 or 15 people are egging you on).
Original post by Pheylan

Hahahahahaha I had forgotten about that!!
Reply 13
Original post by HumanNature1992
If that puts girls off, then i'm in a bit of trouble seeing as I dont drink..at all...:moon:

It doesn't. Unless that girl is an idiot. "Oh you don't drink a lot? You suck!".. Yeah. she's not worth your time anyway. :rolleyes:
Original post by Miss_Scarlet
I don't drink at all, so it would not bother me.

I don't think there is anything wrong with drinking or not drinking. Do what makes you happy, not what makes other people happy. Besides, I personally think people who drink excessively/way too much are less attractive than someone who does not drink or only drinks a little!

T H I S :biggrin:

I find guys who get ridiculously drunk/ drunken mess all the time are so unattractive.
you would be surprised. i get comments from people all the time 'why are you on weak stuff?' and 'drink faster!' and 'down it' etc. from girls and guys alike, in big groups and even people asking me about it on their own.

i have had to leave drinking games early (saying i have to go to the toilet and then hiding out in my room or something till i feel better) because i know i would feel like **** and probably embarrass myself by being sick if i was forced to down drinks (and you cant say no when a group of about 10 or 15 people are egging you on).

Yes you can, I've played ring of fire drinking water (had thrown up several times the night before). Just explain it to them.

I wouldn't judge someone for being alcohol intolerant, but I would poke gentle fun at them for being a lightweight. And less than gentle fun for the lambrini :P
its irrelevant :smile:
Original post by Luceria
It doesn't. Unless that girl is an idiot. "Oh you don't drink a lot? You suck!".. Yeah. she's not worth your time anyway. :rolleyes:

Ha, yeah I know that^, dont worry i'm not insecure AT ALL about not drinking, quite the opposite :wink:

Really? that's pretty sad... I cannot get my head around people like that... :rolleyes: I do understand the whole peer pressure thing though... :/
Reply 19
Original post by HumanNature1992
Ha, yeah I know that^, dont worry i'm not insecure AT ALL about not drinking, quite the opposite :wink:

Goody! Haha , I didn't really think that. But just felt like saying it. Some are a little too obsessed with drinking.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending