The Student Room Group

Hope and Faith

People always say have some faith and hope... I am thinking how do i do that? I am one of those impatient ones where i cannot wait :frown: I am now learning though to have patience but leaving all to faith and hope? I mean how can you STOP thinking and just get on with other things?
I think a lot and the more i think, the more i am driving myself crazy. I always think Fate and Hope will give me the results i don't want. How can i believe and assure myself that all will be well?

Today i am quite negative :frown:
Original post by Anniee1
People always say have some faith and hope... I am thinking how do i do that? I am one of those impatient ones where i cannot wait :frown: I am now learning though to have patience but leaving all to faith and hope? I mean how can you STOP thinking and just get on with other things?
I think a lot and the more i think, the more i am driving myself crazy. I always think Fate and Hope will give me the results i don't want. How can i believe and assure myself that all will be well?

Today i am quite negative :frown:

You sound like someone I know.

I will tell you what I try to tell other people. You can't expect things to get better on their own.

You need to pull yourself out of whatever predicament you're in, and have hope whilst doing so. If you do both, then even if you lose hope, you can always fall back on the fact that you know that you've tried your best.
Do you remember that rubbish american sitcom called Hope and Faith?

Reply 3
What is it that you are thinking so hard about? I personally don't believe in fate. Try reading books, your mind will then be concentrating on the story your reading. I think it could be out of boredom, find an activity you like.
Reply 4
Original post by bognor-regis

Yes! That's what I assumed this thread would be about...

:sigh: Fail on my part.

It really was quite bad.
Original post by bognor-regis

Exactly what I was thinking.

Its really easy to get some of this Hope and Faith too 'cos no one wants that ****ing ****.
Reply 6
Original post by wanderlust.xx
You sound like someone I know.

I will tell you what I try to tell other people. You can't expect things to get better on their own.

You need to pull yourself out of whatever predicament you're in, and have hope whilst doing so. If you do both, then even if you lose hope, you can always fall back on the fact that you know that you've tried your best.

Maybe it is me:p:p
Yeah i know when when i am trying my best i think "will i get what i want? is it worth it? should i just stop?" Its like me doing for the sake of it.. Do you know what i mean?
Reply 7
Original post by tinshed
What is it that you are thinking so hard about? I personally don't believe in fate. Try reading books, your mind will then be concentrating on the story your reading. I think it could be out of boredom, find an activity you like.

Tbh its my Grades :frown: All the uni stress and also some friends issues :mad:
No, i am not bored at all lol but thanks :smile:
Original post by Anniee1
Maybe it is me:p:p
Yeah i know when when i am trying my best i think "will i get what i want? is it worth it? should i just stop?" Its like me doing for the sake of it.. Do you know what i mean?

I know exactly what you mean. Success and Genius both are however, 99% perspiration and only 1% inspiration.

It's all about keeping it together and working as hard as you can when it counts. If you keep doing that, you'll get what you aim for at one point - or at least you'll get pretty damn close.
Reply 9
Original post by wanderlust.xx
I know exactly what you mean. Success and Genius both are however, 99% perspiration and only 1% inspiration.

It's all about keeping it together and working as hard as you can when it counts. If you keep doing that, you'll get what you aim for at one point - or at least you'll get pretty damn close.

Yea i suppose i just give my best shot and then see where my destiny takes me :smile: I'll just have to keep assuring myself for that!
Thanks
:hugs:
Reply 10
Hope and Faith are just a part of life, mechanisms to keep you going when things get hard, or at least thats how I see it.
You just have to take the good things in life, put them on top of the bad and make your life worth living because it is your only shot.
Cheesy quote comes to mind " if you aim for the moon at least you'll fall on the starts" so dont give up and smile :-)
Reply 11
Original post by DeepStar
Hope and Faith are just a part of life, mechanisms to keep you going when things get hard, or at least thats how I see it.
You just have to take the good things in life, put them on top of the bad and make your life worth living because it is your only shot.
Cheesy quote comes to mind " if you aim for the moon at least you'll fall on the starts" so dont give up and smile :-)

Oh yeah i remember that line... aaah stars**

I know what you mean... today i am having one of them days and everything seems so fake and fade :frown:
Hopefully i will feel better tomorrow :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by Anniee1
Tbh its my Grades :frown: All the uni stress and also some friends issues :mad:
No, i am not bored at all lol but thanks :smile:

Don't worry it will pass. I find that the more I worry the better marks I get. But with friends issues, well we've all been there, I used to watch the sunset, sounds cheesy but it was so peaceful and beautiful that it felt like it could solve every problem! Also, this might sound a bit odd but drink cold water, it calms me when I am worried.

Quick Reply

Latest