The Student Room Group

10% of 'British' children are now mixed race

A report produced for the Equality and Human and Rights Commission in 2009, revealed that nearly 10 percent of children under 16 live in a family with heritages from more than one ethnic group.

Britain today is arguably the most mixed race nation in the western world. According to some projections, Britain may one day become more mixed than it is white, black or Asian.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11634840

What does this mean for Britons? The BBC seems to be suggesting that we will be wiped out through interbreeding. Obviously this is a huge problem. What will happen to mixed race people long term? History has showed they have fewer breeding options and end up disappearing into the lower classes. So how can the social deterioration of Britain be allowed to happen, and even championed by politicians and the media? What will this mean for us 500 years down the line? Are advocats seriously suggesting Britain becomes browner, more third world, and that the English as an ethnic group are wiped out? How can this madness be allowed to continue?

In the interest of clarity, please state your ethnic origin with your post.
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
So?
I'm White, and I don't care.

Lol, loving the neg, people actually listen to this troll?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3
Nobody cares
hold on... what? you are basically stating that mixed race people are of lower social class?
so what about before ethnic minorities moved into britain? there was no lower class ?
There will always be a lower class no matter what race religion or creed we are simply because of the suppression of those who are "above" us want to keep us that way.

I see nothing wrong with britain getting browner, infact i know quite a few people who are mixed race and are some of the cleverest people i know!
This is a very closed minded view on the world you have right here :frown:
Are they counting parents from only Asian, African, European backgrounds.

Or would someone with a Turkish mum and English dad be part of the 10%?
What about a spanish mum and irish dad?
Reply 6
I think you'll find that the majority of British children are 'mixed race'; they just aren't brown enough for the average Daily Mail reader to notice.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Profesh
I think you'll find that the majority of British children are 'mixed race'; they just aren't brown enough for the average Daily Mail reader to notice.

This. So much this.
Reply 8
You jelly BNP fags?
Of course we might 'one day' be more mixed-race than anything else (not that it's even relevant).

In the same way we might 'one day' be more over 100 than teenaged, or more ginger than blonde.
Im mixed race though my mom is of Irish ancestry while my dad is of German Silesian ancestry.
Mixed race girls are hot.
Reply 12
Original post by Kickflip
Obviously this is a huge problem.

Why?
Hahahahaha!!! I so hope you don't ever get an job involving intelligence or you might just **** up something important.

Original post by marcusmerehay

Pat Rice running across the screen like there's free tits on the touchline is probably one of the greatest sights I will ever see. If you want to know what pure happiness looks like...
Original post by Jackthevillain
Im mixed race though my mom is of Irish ancestry while my dad is of German Silesian ancestry.

Wouldn't that make you mixed ethnicity instead? :s-smilie:
British = born in Britain. Just to clarify.

Race = the colour of your skin.

You can be any colour but it doesn't mean you're from the country that the colour is associated with! People are so ignorant.
Original post by Mujeriego
Wouldn't that make you mixed ethnicity instead? :s-smilie:

Pretty much the same thing basically everyone is pretty much mixed race to a degree even if they dont want to admit it. How would you define a race?
Reply 17
Also Britons are already mixed race, or are you trying to say that Romans, Normans, Saxons, Jutes, Angles, Picts, Scots, Nords, Irish are all the same race?
OH ****. Oh NO. Really? :O
Original post by Kickflip
What does this mean for Britons? The BBC seems to be suggesting that we will be wiped out through interbreeding. Obviously this is a huge problem. What will happen to mixed race people long term? History has showed they have fewer breeding options and end up disappearing into the lower classes. So how can the social deterioration of Britain be allowed to happen, and even championed by politicians and the media? What will this mean for us 500 years down the line? Are advocats seriously suggesting Britain becomes browner, more third world, and that the English as an ethnic group are wiped out? How can this madness be allowed to continue?

In the interest of clarity, please state your ethnic origin with your post.

And? Who cares? Does this warrant a thread, honestly?
Who cares? So what?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending