The Student Room Group

BBC Runner Pool

Hi everyone, I'm applying to the BBC Runner Pool and was wondering what the general vibe was. Got shortlisted and had to take a logic test a month ago which was bloody hard. No rejection though, i'm still in limbo!
Reply 1
Original post by clit
Hi everyone, I'm applying to the BBC Runner Pool and was wondering what the general vibe was. Got shortlisted and had to take a logic test a month ago which was bloody hard. No rejection though, i'm still in limbo!

Prepare to be treated like **** for a year, paid virtually nothing and be expected to move all round the country on a fortnights notice. I had a few friends who did it. They all dropped out and took much better paid running jobs with private companies here in London and they say they get paid and treated much better than at the BBC.

I worked for the BBC as a freelancer for a while and working there as a full time member of staff was horrible. I was so glad I was a contractor. They seem to think that letting you work for the BBC is payment in itself and that gives them the right to behave like arses to almost all the junior staff they employ.
Reply 2
Cheers for the heads up. Desperate times for a graduate though- if they offer me a job i'll take it
Reply 3
Original post by clit
Cheers for the heads up. Desperate times for a graduate though- if they offer me a job i'll take it

I understand why you would do it, but don't expect it to be a passage to anything special afterwards.

Quick Reply

Latest