The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Becca-Sarah
I passed out the first time I saw one on the ward. I think it's the whole "OMG that's going into someones bone but I can see it poking through their skin" thing. Eww.
Putting them in is pretty fun though :awesome: Like adult meccano.

Oh I've seen those on the ortho ward, diddn't know what they were though. Are they only used for kids? I think there was one after a RTC adult vs car...
Also, I have Rome TW on my computer, for some reason the resolution is too large - so it distorts with a irratating red box floating around to tell me the resolution is buggered. I've tried everything I can, the screen resolution is right, I've tried changing it in the game and on the settings file and the uninstall/reinstall...run out of ideas now, any techies? pelase?
Original post by Wangers
Oh I've seen those on the ortho ward, diddn't know what they were though. Are they only used for kids? I think there was one after a RTC adult vs car...

Definitely seen them on grown-ups: on a T&O placement we had a tertiary referral to redo and no-one could work out how to get it off! Until the anaesthetist dug out a rusty-looking gas cylinder screwdriver from a corner of the theatre and found it fit the screws very well!
Original post by win2kpro
That seems to go pretty well with the female requirement then. :p: (+ the fact that I said UCL males are :camp:smile:

Nah, but seriously kudos to you for playing COD even though you suck at it. :p: - Mario is amazing though. :coma: (No homo. :colonhash:)

The wii is a big no no though. :noonoo:

Wiis are fun when you're drunk. As long as you don't get too enthusiastic and start hitting people with the controllers.

I did get better at COD eventually :colondollar:
Original post by Wangers

Nope, can use them for complicated open fractures in adults cos you don't need the same skin coverage as you would for internal fixation, so you can fix the fracture whilst waiting for plastics to sort skin grafting etc. You can get non-Ilizarov ex-fix's as well, with the same pins through the bone/skin, but external rods instead of circles (which were originally gear wheels off bicycles - the wheel spokes were used for the internal pins. I think Ilizarov was Russian, so he made do with what he had - they were supposed to be used to compress fractures, so they'd be winched tighter together to press the fracture ends together, but he went on holiday and his junior turned it the wrong way, so when he came back the limb had been lengthened, but the bone was still intact, so they started using them for limb lengthening stuff and holding fractures out to length).
Reply 1285
Original post by Wangers
They're primarily used for fixating complex fractures.
Original post by Jessaay!
Wiis are fun when you're drunk. As long as you don't get too enthusiastic and start hitting people with the controllers.

I did get better at COD eventually :colondollar:

Or accidently throw the controller at the TV. :mmm:

Ahh, it's a shame you play it on the PS3 though.
Or accidently throw the controller at the TV. :mmm:

Ahh, it's a shame you play it on the PS3 though.

Are you an XBox geek? My flatmate would say you were gay :ahee:
Reply 1288
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
Is that the same as PUO?

Yep, pyrexia/fever of unknown origin - PUO is probably more professional sounding though
Are you an XBox geek? My flatmate would say you were gay :ahee:

Nope, in fact, I hate XBox about as much as I hate PS. :p:

What does your flatmate have to say now? :smug:
Nope, in fact, I hate XBox about as much as I hate PS. :p:

What does your flatmate have to say now? :smug:

Probs still gay :shrug:
Probs still gay :shrug:

Quoted for failure of smiley usage.

Have you got a thing for homosexual men or something? - That's all you seem to come up with, + your ex is from Impy... :camp:
Reply 1292
Original post by buzzcat
Yep, pyrexia/fever of unknown origin - PUO is probably more professional sounding though
Neither term is particularly professional sounding.
Reply 1293
Original post by Renal
Neither term is particularly professional sounding.

moan moan moan, yawn, cheer up and go out you miserable git

what would you say instead pyrexia of unknown origin then oh great Hippocrates?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1294
Original post by buzzcat
moan moan moan, yawn, cheer up and go out you miserable git

what would you say instead pyrexia of unknown origin then oh great Hippocrates?
A diagnosis.
Reply 1295
Original post by Renal
A diagnosis.

._. if you're going to be a prick at least try to make sense and be funny
Reply 1296
Original post by buzzcat
._. if you're going to be a prick at least try to make sense and be funny
If you think PUO is a diagnosis and you think it sounds professional then you're the prick here.
Reply 1297
Original post by Renal

Original post by Renal
A diagnosis.

"Please rate some other members before rating this member again."

:p:
I'm regretting even bringing up the whole FUO/PUO thing.
Reply 1299
An idiopathic or cryptogenic source of pyrogens sounds a lot more profesional...:p:

Latest

Trending

Trending