The Student Room Group

Previous courses on UCAS Extra

Does anyone know where I could get a list of universities which participated in UCAS Extra last year for Economics, some variation of Finance degree or Acturial Science? Help with this would be very much appreciated :smile:
Reply 1
Sigh, I'm loathe to do this, but... bump.
Reply 2
I *think* theres on option to do so on UCAS course search.
Reply 4
Original post by bramz19
Does anyone know where I could get a list of universities which participated in UCAS Extra last year for Economics, some variation of Finance degree or Acturial Science? Help with this would be very much appreciated :smile:
(a) any list you could find would not tell you what was on offer at the start of Extra (b) this year is not necessarily going to have the same opportunities as last year, for all sorts of reasons (c) Extra opens on Friday anyway, so why not just wait and see?
Reply 5
Reply 6
Original post by Minerva
(a) any list you could find would not tell you what was on offer at the start of Extra (b) this year is not necessarily going to have the same opportunities as last year, for all sorts of reasons (c) Extra opens on Friday anyway, so why not just wait and see?

Just wanted a rough idea. And oh, didn't know that, gracias
Reply 7
Original post by bramz19
Just wanted a rough idea. And oh, didn't know that, gracias
Fair enough :smile:
Original post by bramz19
You're a star, thanks a million :smile:

You're welcome :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Minerva
Fair enough :smile:

http://search.ucas.com/cgi-bin/hsrun/search/search/StateId/QFLdOomgfxIRHTm6u9zZD6P-Ckzd1-VKJk/HAHTpage/search.HsKeywordSuggestion.whereNext?query=211&word=ECONOMICS&single=N

Is Durham really in Clearing for straight Economics? It's a dumb question, I know, but I'm just kinda shocked that it's there!
Reply 10
Can't help you but no harm in asking the Uni direct?

Anyway, had a look at the supposed available Politics courses and seen a couple of my shortlist are there - Liverpool for Politics & Communication Studies and Keele for straight Politics.

Just fired off an email to both and now I plan on going back to bed!
^Apparently Durham's in extra for English too! :eek3:
That can't be right!
Original post by diamonddust
^Apparently Durham's in extra for English too! :eek3:
That can't be right!

exactly.
all you can do is phone up and check i guess
Reply 14
Original post by bramz19
http://search.ucas.com/cgi-bin/hsrun/search/search/StateId/QFLdOomgfxIRHTm6u9zZD6P-Ckzd1-VKJk/HAHTpage/search.HsKeywordSuggestion.whereNext?query=211&word=ECONOMICS&single=N

Is Durham really in Clearing for straight Economics? It's a dumb question, I know, but I'm just kinda shocked that it's there!
No, it isn't. This is exactly the point I make in my FAQ - especially in the first few days, there are obvious errors in the listings, and this is one of them - allegedly History is in Extra as well. I don't think so :smile:
Original post by moomin-matt
exactly.

I just don't understand the point of the extra Internet system if you have to call them to confirm they're actually in extra, wasting valuable application time! Is that what clearing is like to? If so, I feel sorry for people who have to go through these systems...
Original post by Minerva
No, it isn't. This is exactly the point I make in my FAQ - especially in the first few days, there are obvious errors in the listings, and this is one of them - allegedly History is in Extra as well. I don't think so :smile:

Add English to the list too! Lies, all lies! :tongue:
Reply 17
Original post by diamonddust
Add English to the list too! Lies, all lies! :tongue:
Yup - what that's telling us is that Durham didn't get its status update to UCAS in good time - for whatever reason....
Reply 18
Original post by Minerva

Original post by Minerva
Yup - what that's telling us is that Durham didn't get its status update to UCAS in good time - for whatever reason....

Yup, I think they have to opt out rather than opt in, so they just didn't tell UCAS not to include them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending