The Student Room Group

10% of 'British' children are now mixed race

Scroll to see replies

I'm mixed my mother is white (blonde hair and blue eyes) and my father was born in India. I don't really see your problem to be honest. Do you think I'm somehow polluting your otherwise glorious British gene pool with my inferior genetics?

Also do you realise it's very possible I have British ancestry stretching back further than a random white person? Should I be annoyed at them?
Reply 101
Original post by HereBeDragons
If you go back far enough, we're all Africans (Ethiopians, to be precise). So actually, we're regaining our heritage, not losing it.

That's another one of those lies which is used to justify mass immigration. How far do you want to go back? Humans left Africa 4 MILLION years ago. What form do you think humans took 30 million years ago? I'll tell you, Apes. And 300 million years ago? Life was just emerging from the sea. Is that your philosophy, to ultimately unevolve back to pond life, as is your heritage?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 102
Original post by Tootles
You seem to be confusing your classes there. The rich in China did that, yes; and the rich in the West did similar, also.

So far as each country sticking together and living apart; that's a good thing: diversity isn't absorbing one anothers' cultures, it's learning about and living alongside them. I will always be English, and if I live next door to someone from, say, India, I'll continue to be English, and I'd expect my Indian neighbour to continue to be Indian. Obviously keeping to English laws and whatnot, but not losing their identity.

We need our differences to drive us to improve ourselves.

Please explain how it is possible for someone to 'lose their identity'? You appear to be implying that there is a separate 'English' and 'Indian' character when across every nation there is likely to be a spectrum of behaviours.
Reply 103
Original post by Kickflip
Blacks live with the same standard of living on every continent they inhabit. They make their own bed and lie in it. The black 'ghetto' is the same in Europe, America and in Africa. Because blacks live in ghettos in Africa, without any European interference, should be proof enough that that is their natural standard of living they are comfortable with. To blame whites for their standard of living is like fish blaming whites for their living in the sea. Blacks are always saying whites exploit them. OK then, what have blacks ever given whites? What have we gotten out of this 'exploitation', compared to the many BILLIONS that blacks cost the West in Policing, Welfare and Aid?

This is because white people took all their richies when they colonised them and then used them to built their empires. In the end all the poverty in the world is all because of whites they messed up the natural order of life. Which was never to mix. (im not racist)
That's another one of those lies which is used to justify mass immigration. How far do you want to go back. Humans left Africa 4 MILLION years ago. What form do you think humans took 30 million years ago? I'll tell you, Apes. And 300 million years ago? Life was just emerging from the sea.

So don't tell me you are 'regaining your heritage' by breeding with people who still live in tin huts.

I'm sure you can decide who best suits you when it comes to breeding, but you should have no position to make that decision for other people.

It's amazing that you lot can claim to be compassionate, protecting the British race and all that, when you dehumanise relationships between people to mere statistics and advocate outlawing people acting on feelings of attraction/love/what have you.

Rockets. And about as close to having any say over this issue as I am to a night with Angelina Jolie :mfing:
Reply 105
Original post by LiamTheKook
We're all mixed race in some way or another anyway. Someone must've forgotten to add that extra 0 onto the percentage.

You can't prove that. I hate when people assume that everyone is mixed
That's disgusting. How dare they copy me.
I want this to be true, but I don't think it is.

The statistics show that in 2005 that by ethnicity mixed raced children accounted for only 3.5% for all babies born that year.

So 10% figure has GOT to be off I'm afraid.
I smell trolling...
Original post by sucess
You can't prove that. I hate when people assume that everyone is mixed

Well no, everybody is mixed to some degree. Your family history, if traced back to year dot, will not all be from the same area of the world. It's near enough guaranteed.
Reply 110
Original post by tieyourmotherdown
Well no, everybody is mixed to some degree. Your family history, if traced back to year dot, will not all be from the same area of the world. It's near enough guaranteed.

If your mum is spanish and your dad is english you're not mixed. But somehow the BBC specifies this as mixed race. Bullocks
I don't care whether Britain's children is 10% or 90% mixed race. It's a racist country that lacks multiculturalism. Just because there are people from different countries in Britain doesn't make it multicultural. Britain has no idea what multiculturalism is. They should come to Canada and learn from Toronto.
raaaaaacist
Oh no, what ever will we do....

Kickflip your posts crack me up :mmm:
Reply 114
Original post by sucess
This is because white people took all their richies when they colonised them and then used them to built their empires. In the end all the poverty in the world is all because of whites they messed up the natural order of life. Which was never to mix. (im not racist)

If it wasn't for Europeans, the third world would have already colonised Mars.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by sucess
If your mum is spanish and your dad is english you're not mixed. But somehow the BBC specifies this as mixed race. Bullocks

So what you're essentially saying is that you define mixed race according to how brown somebody is?

As for your example, many would say it is mixed race as there are probably some inherent physical differences between Spanish and British people in general, however small they may be. Now obviously it's arbitrary as to where you consider these lines to be i.e whether you consider Northern and Southern Europe as different, etc, but ultimately to assume that your ethnic heritage is more or less identical all the way back to year dot is almost definitely wrong.
Yeah, I'm mixed race and I was born in Britain to a British mother and I have a British passport which says "British citizen" on it. What the **** are you gonna do about it punk?

That's what I thought.
Reply 117
I've noticed the Irish in particular don't care what ethnicity their children are. The Irish also have one of the lowest IQs in Western Europe.

Really? If the Irish really have one of the lowest IQs in Western Europe how comes we have made a significant cultural contribution?

There are so many Irish people who have contributed to the world.

Figures include: Oscar Wilde, The Duke of Wellington (Funnily enough a British Prime Minister)., Kenneth Branagh, Seamus Heaney, John Stewart Bell, Jimmy Carr (Anglo-Irish), George Benard Shaw, Liam Neeson, James Hoban. So on and so forth.

So please, don't generalise the Irish as dumb, overbearing aggressive drunks.
Reply 118
I'm white and so what? Being browner doesn't mean being worth-less or anything similar.
Reply 119
Original post by sucess

The Celtic Britons (Welsh/Irish) originated in Spain. If you dad has a swarthy latin look rather than a Germanic English look then you are not mixed Germanic/Latin ancestry.

Quick Reply

Latest