The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by yokabasha
Watched a couple of movies with some mates last night, Ruins,REC and Kung Fu Panda: Secrets of the Furious Five. REC was soooo good, best horror film I've seen since Drag Me to Hell, a really good zombie flick, and a nice storyline. But people make it out to be scarier than it is :/

damn, how long were you watching them for hah xD Drag me to Hell is sooo laughably bad, but it's ok because it's an intentionally dark comedy (I thought it was just a ****ty movie before, well it is but intentionally)

Rec is awesome, not that scary but I loved the concept, it makes good use of the whole recent handheld recording movement in horror films. Rec 2..... I was kinda dissapointed tbh, hated the ending

you should give it a gander though I suppose
Original post by Madjackismad
You live on a farm, you're into comics... you're the spawn of Superman.

:adore:

Original post by Ape Gone Insane
What Back Room thread have you been browsing, I wonder. :wink2:

Have to admit, the parallels between Jace Falco and Clark Kent are uncanny.

I can also lift a tractor over my head.

There's one where he's holding a lamb with his eyes clearly conveying to us that he's going to eat it. :awesome:

Of course we're going to eat them, when they grow a bit bigger. What do you expect? They're delicious little meatsacks.

Plus, I've not forgotten the time where you showed us your picture of your TSR and the LGBT Society was in your watched threads. :wink2:

:p:

When did that happen?

I mean, yeah, of course, I'm in the soc, but when did I do that?
Original post by Jace Falco
I can also lift a tractor over my head.

Of course we're going to eat them, when they grow a bit bigger. What do you expect? They're delicious little meatsacks.

When did that happen?

I mean, yeah, of course, I'm in the soc, but when did I do that?

Not you. :p: Ape.
There's one where he's holding a lamb with his eyes clearly conveying to us that he's going to eat it. :awesome:

Plus, I've not forgotten the time where you showed us your picture of your TSR and the LGBT Society was in your watched threads. :wink2:

:p:

Years ago. :hand:

That had no bearing on my sexuality. Was just hanging there because some of the guys were cool to talk to. :awesome:

That had no bearing on my sexuality. Was just hanging there because some of the guys were cool to talk to. :awesome:

2009 isn't years ago. :colonhash:

We still are :colonhash:
Original post by lukejoshjedi
damn, how long were you watching them for hah xD Drag me to Hell is sooo laughably bad, but it's ok because it's an intentionally dark comedy (I thought it was just a ****ty movie before, well it is but intentionally)

Rec is awesome, not that scary but I loved the concept, it makes good use of the whole recent handheld recording movement in horror films. Rec 2..... I was kinda dissapointed tbh, hated the ending

you should give it a gander though I suppose

Drag Me to Hell was genuinely scary to me, damn the gypsy woman freaked me out. But that is one of the better horror movies "according to critics", 92% on rotten tomatoes.

Apparently there is going to be a prequel with REC and then another apocalyptic scenario.

Have you got the feeling that horrors aren't that popular here too? never hear them mentioned:s-smilie:
Watching Diamonds Are Forever. :moon:
Original post by JessicaW
Watching Diamonds Are Forever. :moon:

"You are English? I shpeak English! Who is your floor?"
Original post by yokabasha
Drag Me to Hell was genuinely scary to me, damn the gypsy woman freaked me out. But that is one of the better horror movies "according to critics", 92% on rotten tomatoes.

Apparently there is going to be a prequel with REC and then another apocalyptic scenario.

Have you got the feeling that horrors aren't that popular here too? never hear them mentioned:s-smilie:

hmm... well I see it often quoted / referred to as being quite bad but critics may have liked it

oh really? Interesting, I can see Rec going for a little while, maybe getting a spin off too - it's like Paranormal activity in that sense then, PA2 is a prequel apparently. I haven't seen it yet myself but I don't quite get how it fits with the first Paranormal activity

Not sure, maybe they're just not often talked about enough here :cool:
Reply 8790
Just watched Black Swan. I thought it was brilliant. Bizarre, yes, but brilliant. And terrifying.
Ratatouille was a surprisingly enjoyable film. I've been avoiding it, because I've been dismissing it as a run of the mill animation, but I enjoyed it. Assignment three-quarters done, time to watch Green Zone. :gah:
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind was amazing :love:
Or I could watch the Spirit.

Original post by MizzCupcakes
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind was amazing :love:

Or even this.

Dilemmas. :colonhash:

Or I could watch the Spirit.

Or even this.

Dilemmas. :colonhash:

or Spirited Away :bigsmile:

and oh yes, life is hard at these times... :wink:
(edited 13 years ago)

I want to see this film so badly. Can you believe they only started shooting it in the middle of November?
Original post by Phalanges

I want to see this film so badly. Can you believe they only started shooting it in the middle of November?

At long last, a film like Event Horizon and Sunshine. I'm glad there is one good (Yes, I'm looking at you Paranormal Activity 3) horror to look forward to this year. As long as the ending doesn't suck, it has the potential to be great.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by MizzCupcakes
or Spirited Away :bigsmile:

and oh yes, life is hard at these times... :wink:

Spirited Away is a strange film. Surreal yet oddly alluring. Howl's Moving Castle is the same. I think you have to be in a certain kind of mood to watch them. Studio Ghibli films are what you can truly call beautiful.

At long last, a film like Event Horizon and Sunshine. I'm glad there is one good (Yes, I'm looking at you Paranormal Activity 3) horror to look forward to this year. As long as the ending doesn't suck, it has the potential to be great.

Lol, what you're effectively saying is that so long as it isn't bad, it might be good. :p:

Oren Peli's Area 51 should be out at some point this year, which he will hopefully have spent more of his time on than PA3. Also 11-11-11 looks pretty badass. And of course Battle: LA which looks incredible (although that isn't a pure blooded horror). And I seem to recall some others which have momentarily slipped from my mind.

I think found footage is one of my favourite emergent techniques, I just love it.

Spirited Away is a strange film. Surreal yet oddly alluring. Howl's Moving Castle is the same. I think you have to be in a certain kind of mood to watch them. Studio Ghibli films are what you can truly call beautiful.

:yep:

Have you read the book? :gah: I read it before seeing the film...
it is very different from the film but I think it's fair to say that I liked both :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending