The Student Room Group

St. Andrews Medicine Applicants 2011 :D

Scroll to see replies

Original post by spacepirate-James
Yep. So you can trust me. :awesome:

ooohh Congrats mate! :party2: :party2: :party2:
Reply 1001
Original post by dariadaphne
try sending an e-mail at [email protected] :biggrin: they're really friendly and surely will give you an answer ...

I emailed them last night asking about the status of my application, and they responded with a lovely wee rejection today WOOOOOO.
Original post by Braddd
I emailed them last night asking about the status of my application, and they responded with a lovely wee rejection today WOOOOOO.

oh :frown: i'm so sorry :| do you have any more choices left ? maybe you'll have better luck with those :smile:
Reply 1003
Original post by Braddd

Oh that's sucks!!!
Reply 1004
Original post by Braddd

Ooft sorry man! :frown: Did they send it as a reply to your enquiry about your application, or was it just by chance that it came straight after? Have your other choices got back to you yet?
ok im getting nervous
I am starting to get very stressed about my interview! I really want to go to St Andrews it looks amazing :biggrin:
Reply 1007
Original post by areyousure?
I am starting to get very stressed about my interview! I really want to go to St Andrews it looks amazing :biggrin:

You'll be fine, what they are looking for at interview is on their website, just prepare answers for questions related to that and related to Personal Statement and learn them off by heart and you'll be fine :smile:
Reply 1008
Original post by Zyphlon
You'll be fine, what they are looking for at interview is on their website, just prepare answers for questions related to that and related to Personal Statement and learn them off by heart and you'll be fine :smile:

This is so true, it's exactly like what the website says, I learnt loads of science stuff and none of it was relevant!
Reply 1009
Original post by ryan118244
This is so true, it's exactly like what the website says, I learnt loads of science stuff and none of it was relevant!

Exactly, the only thing that caught me out was they asked "what is special about St Andrews Anatomy". I didnt really know what to say other than "anatomy is very good to learn in medicine".

Of course, they wanted me to say that I knew that st andrews is one of the few medical schools that still does full human dissections, so that the course at st andrews is once of the best for anatomy (and hence basis of medicine).

So I would also advice anyone with interview to read how the med school is different!
Original post by ukcathater
ok im bored with all this stuff now and im gonna come clean I am not actually applying for medicine just thought id see how easy it was pretending to be an applicant for a little project im doing. Sorry everyone! I used stats i know from a girl i know (well some of them). Its very easy to do this in a chat room you just never know who you're talking to so just be aware. Most of you seem a nice bunch good luck with your applications.

I did think that was a possibility tbh... it's all in the name! what is a cathater for if not taking the ****? lol.
Reply 1011
Original post by Zyphlon
Exactly, the only thing that caught me out was they asked "what is special about St Andrews Anatomy". I didnt really know what to say other than "anatomy is very good to learn in medicine".

Of course, they wanted me to say that I knew that st andrews is one of the few medical schools that still does full human dissections, so that the course at st andrews is once of the best for anatomy (and hence basis of medicine).

So I would also advice anyone with interview to read how the med school is different!

Oh no haha. Tbh I learnt every little bit of the course off by heart hah
I see there still making you wait!
Well done on your offer! Oxford your top choice?
Original post by string theory
I did think that was a possibility tbh... it's all in the name! what is a cathater for if not taking the ****? lol.

she must have a sad life.

Hopefully one of us will be able to help her when we are qualified doctors
Original post by string theory

i thought her name meant UKCAT hater not UK cathater!

Original post by Zyphlon

Thanks guys, I have done a lot of research on the course structure and how it is so different to the other medical schools. Thanks for the reassurance guys :biggrin:
Reply 1015
Original post by Anterior view
Does anyone know who many interview slots are left?

4 or 5 of them. the last one is on the 18th of march :smile:
Reply 1016
Oh no haha. Tbh I learnt every little bit of the course off by heart hah
I see there still making you wait!
Well done on your offer! Oxford your top choice?

Yeah Top Choice. I loved St Andrews when i was there but It's just a bit cold for me! If i had to choose It would be my second choice :tongue:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by rachel6286
i thought her name meant UKCAT hater not UK cathater!

Yeah - I'm sure you're right. It's the wrong spelling for catheter anyway. :redface:
Has anyone heard anything from admissions?
Reply 1019
Original post by Anterior view
Thanks:smile: do they give a couple of weeks notice do you know? I thought about e-mailing them to check the status of my application then noticed Bradd did this and got rejected the following day so I might just let it hang around a little longer:redface:

On their website they say they try to give at least a couple of weeks notice, as far as i remember... I don't see whats wrong in e-mailing them. If they really considered you for a rejection then you'll just know sooner... if not, you have more time to prepare for your interview. Either way it is best to know sooner, assuming they actually answer the e-mail :smile:

EDIT: Oh and by the way, what's your UKCAT score? Just asking out of curiosity :smile: Good luck with everything!
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending