The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Official Nottingham Applicants Thread 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by heidilui545
i am applying for medical physics,how about you?
no i havnt get my offer yet... they said that they will be making me an offer and i will receive it after an informal meeting with the staff there.
is it better to wear formal dressing because of the informal meeting?:confused:

ps: i havnt been to the uni of nottingham before :colondollar: is it easy to go from the train station:biggrin:?

hmmm, tricky one. i already had my offer so it didn't matter for me. It's probably best to not look too formal but to look smart. Maybe someone who's been in the same situation can help.

I've got an offer for history and although I've been to the uni twice before (open day and post-app day) I don't actually know how far away the train station is. But i did notice loads of buses so there'll probs be one from the station that stops at the uni.

The uni's gorgeous by the way, i loved it and I'm probs gonna make it my first choice.

Hope your visit goes well x
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 1281
Cooool, just firmed Nottingham! How exciting

Going to the open day on Wednesday and, like many have already said, I'm wearing the nearest thing I find as there's no one to impress. But tbh I look good in anything, so no worries there!

Good luck chaps.
I'm dealing with rejection
Original post by anjolao
I'm sure you will- you've got better GCSE and A2 predictions than me so you'll get one :wink:
Thank you :smile:

Thanks for the vote of confidence. It all seems fairly subjective though :P
Reply 1284
Original post by LornaSandison1
Well done! I'm expecting a rejection then, seeing as I did a pretty good job of messing up my LNAT! But if they're making AAA offers than that doesn't really make much difference to me. I was only holding out hope for AAB so I could use it as my insurance! :tongue:

Well I only got 20 on lnat and didn't have the best gcses so was really surprised! Judging by your grades and your offer from ucl you should have a really good chance.
Reply 1285
I thought Warwick would be the last to get back to me, but Notts still haven't. o.o I sent my writing sample off last year - is it a good or a bad thing they haven't responded yet? I was pretty confident I'd get an offer after having the chance to send work in (due to outside responses to the writing) so this is freaking me out. xD If there's an open day on Monday, shouldn't everyone have their offers already? =/ Eek.
(Lit&CW)
Original post by awe
I thought Warwick would be the last to get back to me, but Notts still haven't. o.o I sent my writing sample off last year - is it a good or a bad thing they haven't responded yet? I was pretty confident I'd get an offer after having the chance to send work in (due to outside responses to the writing) so this is freaking me out. xD If there's an open day on Monday, shouldn't everyone have their offers already? =/ Eek.
(Lit&CW)

Try not to worry about it! They have the whole of March to get back to you yet.
You should hear back very soon. :smile:
Original post by awe
(Lit&CW)

Don't worry, I haven't heard either and I sent my sample off mid-November! On my portal it doesn't even come up with open days for me anymore lol xxx
Original post by heidilui545
i am applying for medical physics,how about you?
no i havnt get my offer yet... they said that they will be making me an offer and i will receive it after an informal meeting with the staff there.
is it better to wear formal dressing because of the informal meeting?:confused:

ps: i havnt been to the uni of nottingham before :colondollar: is it easy to go from the train station:biggrin:?

Jeans and a smart shirt/blouse will be fine. They're not judging you on your sense of style, after all (although it sounds like you've already got an offer so you needn't worry!). I think you'd feel out of place if you went in a suit though.

You'll probably need to get a taxi from the train station - it's not really walkable. Well, it's about 3.5 miles, so it depends whether you like walking I guess!
Just wondering who else here is firming Nottingham. I'm almost certainly firming Nottingham having visited 2 of my top 3 universities this week(Notts and Manchester) and with pretty low offers I should be seeing some of you guys in October.
Original post by LornaSandison1
Jeans and a smart shirt/blouse will be fine. They're not judging you on your sense of style, after all (although it sounds like you've already got an offer so you needn't worry!). I think you'd feel out of place if you went in a suit though.

You'll probably need to get a taxi from the train station - it's not really walkable. Well, it's about 3.5 miles, so it depends whether you like walking I guess!

Or an Indigo bus which goes to multiple entrances of the campus. £1.60 for a single and £3.10 for the day I think.
Original post by alexs2602
Just wondering who else here is firming Nottingham. I'm almost certainly firming Nottingham having visited 2 of my top 3 universities this week(Notts and Manchester) and with pretty low offers I should be seeing some of you guys in October.

i think i will be this week. even though i havent heard from 3 of my choices. nottingham is my number one
Original post by Sandra1993
i think i will be this week. even though i havent heard from 3 of my choices. nottingham is my number one

Yeah, I just saw that in the other thread. What are your other choices? You're still deciding between the US and UK, aren't you?

If you do end up coming here and meet your requirements send me a message and at least you'll know someone here.
Reply 1293
Anyone going to see the uni tomorrow?
Yeah, I just saw that in the other thread. What are your other choices? You're still deciding between the US and UK, aren't you?

If you do end up coming here and meet your requirements send me a message and at least you'll know someone here.

kings, bristol and st andrews. yeah i am. im down to about 5 choices (nottingham and then 4 US schools (miami, tulane, harvey mudd and scripps)) its all probably going to come down to money.

the requirements are easy, im not worried about meeting those.

i will!! thanks!
Original post by sango
Anyone going to see the uni tomorrow?

No. Regardless I'll respond anyway; I visited on wednesday, you should enjoy it, I did. If you have any Qs I'll try to answer them.
kings, bristol and st andrews. yeah i am. im down to about 5 choices (nottingham and then 4 US schools (miami, tulane, harvey mudd and scripps)) its all probably going to come down to money.

the requirements are easy, im not worried about meeting those.

i will!! thanks!

Another Q; what course are you applying to? I think I know but I think I was wrong last time I asked... lol.
Another Q; what course are you applying to? I think I know but I think I was wrong last time I asked... lol.

neuroscience

I have already confirmed it, even though I haven't been up there, the course and the offer was just too good to say no to. I'm going to the open day on wednesday to get a good look around.
neuroscience

To be fair all the places you've applied to are very good so you'd be safe going to pretty much any of them. I'm not sure of their reputation exactly for neuroscience but if it was for maths I'd go for Bristol but it isnt so disregard what I just said :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending