The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by loxemori
where in switzerland are you from? it's true, it would have been a lot less hassle to just go to a swiss uni x]

that info should be in my sig i think. i've only got an offer from bristol and a rejection from oxford so far. waiting for UCL, KCL and edinburgh. what about you?

I'm from Zurich, and you? I'm guessing from the Romandy :smile:
I got an offer from Bham and waiting for KCL, QMUL, Durham and Bristol. When did you get your Bristol offer?
I'd probably go for KCL if they offered me a place - which one's your favourite?
Hi, so far ive heard back from three of my uni choices...plymouth, westminster and Reading (happy about this offer! :smile: )

But im waiting on LSE and QMUL. I sent my ucas on 22nd october. why are they taking so long! It makes me so on edge. Cause we have to apply for loans and accomodation soon..and theres also open days coming up! ahh when will they put me out of this misery!
is anyone else waiting on these two decisions as well?

I get that is very competitive and things..but i have had three friends who have all heard back from LSE and they sent theres before me! is is worth emailing...? I dont want to look needy though...but.....! :biggrin: would love to go to LSE! If so...what does one say?

Please help!
Original post by eskimoblueday
I think I'll have to do this. I have no offers other than kent (and I don't want to go there so will have to pull out), still waiting on Warwick and I doubt I'll get it - school careers told me to ring up Warwick soon and ask if I have it or not. Pretty sure Extra will be the way I do it now...ouch. I'm A*AA predicted if anyone's interested.

Relax, have a little faith in in warwick you never know. I'm sure youre a good candidate and warwick will give you a chance :smile:
and im not sure but i think extra is for those who don't receive any offers but check the UCAS website for details.
Original post by nooraltareif
I'm a girl...

Cool.
Original post by kr122
:smile: What other unis did you apply to? And are you doing A Levels or IB?

I applied to UCL, Bristol, Edinburgh, Exeter and UEA. Got offers from all except a rejection from UCL last week :frown: But I was expecting it really
Doing IB!
Reply 3145
so the higher fees wouldn't bother you? I got a 5, which is the minimum King's wants - it's my favourite as well, so I'm pretty scared... Next up it's a tie between Bham and QMUL.
Yes that would be really cool fingers crossed for you and KCL

Yes, the higher fees do bother me and I've wrote to them several times about it. But I guess if I don't get into KCL or QMU I'll stay in Switzerland and I'll try again next year.
Original post by xsexygyalx
really? i'm still waiting on ucl and warwick... i got rejected from kings with 16 in the lnat XD so ucl's basically down the drain so warwickkkkkk dlfkajdsf;lsnm!

Reading is definitely better.

(my totally unbiased opinion) :tongue:
Original post by mandds
Yes, the higher fees do bother me and I've wrote to them several times about it. But I guess if I don't get into KCL or QMU I'll stay in Switzerland and I'll try again next year.

I meant the general raise of fees starting 2012, which would affect you if you did a year at HSG first. Or is that also what you mean? :smile:
LSE stated on the conditions of my offer that i needed to provide certified verification of my English Language qualification by 12 August 2011. Does anyone have any idea if I have to do this before i firm or insure the offer? And do I just email admissions with a scanned copy of my GCSE certificate? :confused:
LSE stated on the conditions of my offer that i needed to provide certified verification of my English Language qualification by 12 August 2011. Does anyone have any idea if I have to do this before i firm or insure the offer? And do I just email admissions with a scanned copy of my GCSE certificate? :confused:

I've had to send photocopies of my A level certificates to various universities, but one of them has asked to either see the originals or a photocopy that's been stamped by my old college, so it might be best to ring up and check exactly what they want. They might want a physical copy.

With regards to the timing, all conditions have to be fulfilled by August, so you can firm/insure them before you show them. I wouldn't leave it til the last minute, but you have plenty of time.

I hope that helps.
Original post by Uneschka
So is your application based on that or did your teachers have to predict your grades? I got my Zeugnis in September, doing a gap year. I'm from Zurich (do I see you rolling your eyes? :tongue:) and you? I've always lived in Zurich, so I think it's about time to go somewhere else!
I also applied to KCL and QMUL and haven't heard anything yet - do you think they'll tell us last because we're internationals?

I hear Queen Mary makes offers to international students after they have made offers to UK students (don't know if this is true for sure but I have them to be the most efficient of the universities I applied to). I still haven't heard back from King's yet and I'm a UK student so I think King's are slow for everyone ¬_¬
Original post by LondonTownGirl
Relax, have a little faith in in warwick you never know. I'm sure youre a good candidate and warwick will give you a chance :smile:
and im not sure but i think extra is for those who don't receive any offers but check the UCAS website for details.

Extra is for those who have been rejected from each university to which they applied, or for those who have declined all their offers.

It doesn't matter, as long as you provide the proof by August 12th. A scanned copy emailed to admissions might do it, or a letter. They might even want the original, I'm not sure.
Original post by kay-em
has anyone heard of any nottingham rejections yet?

There have been a few on the Official Nottingham Applicants 2011 thread, and the guy below you.
Original post by Jessica.H
Well, finally replied to my offers and firmed Oxford and picked Durham as an insurance. It was a bit pointless really given that they are the same offers. Is anyone else in the same position where its all As come August or nothing?

Pretty much. I've got UCL as my firm and probably Southampton as my insurance, both of which are AAA. I've only chosen Southampton because they might accept AAB if you mess up and there are places left, but I think the chances of that are quite slim.

Good luck in the summer and congrats on Oxford - I applied but screwed up my interview :P
Reply 3155
Original post by Uneschka
I'm from Zurich, and you? I'm guessing from the Romandy :smile:
I got an offer from Bham and waiting for KCL, QMUL, Durham and Bristol. When did you get your Bristol offer?
I'd probably go for KCL if they offered me a place - which one's your favourite?

Geneva yes ^^

I got my Bristol offer on the 18th of November I think. And I sent my application on the 11th of October. My top choice is UCL, followed by King's. But my chances are very slim ))): oh well, Bristol is supposed to be a really nice place, especially for students (: Good luck with your offers!
Reply 3156
I meant the general raise of fees starting 2012, which would affect you if you did a year at HSG first. Or is that also what you mean?

Oh sorry, yeah they would bother me, but still what should I do if I don't get into Kings, QMU and UCL. I just pray and hope that I'll get an offer from one of these unis :wink: Did you do a gap year?
Original post by Danielle_17
Hi, so far ive heard back from three of my uni choices...plymouth, westminster and Reading (happy about this offer! :smile: )

But im waiting on LSE and QMUL. I sent my ucas on 22nd october. why are they taking so long! It makes me so on edge. Cause we have to apply for loans and accomodation soon..and theres also open days coming up! ahh when will they put me out of this misery!
is anyone else waiting on these two decisions as well?

I get that is very competitive and things..but i have had three friends who have all heard back from LSE and they sent theres before me! is is worth emailing...? I dont want to look needy though...but.....! :biggrin: would love to go to LSE! If so...what does one say?

Please help!

Don't worry, you should hear from them pretty soon. There's not much time left to wait anyway, so don't worry :smile: You could email them but that may not make a difference. I know it's hard to wait, I am still waiting on Bristol, but hey that's life.

Good Luck and hope you get an offer from LSE and hopefully we will meet each other there :smile:
Original post by teaandcoffee
Reading is definitely better.

(my totally unbiased opinion) :tongue:

better than warwick? or just better than sussex? are you firming reading then? :smile:
So far i've got offer from Reading, Southampton and Winchester but my first choice is Surrey...do they usually wait for january exam results before they make an offer??? HELP :s-smilie:

Latest

Trending

Trending