The Student Room Group

I admire Col Gaddafi as a leader, do you?

Poll

Do you admire Gaddafi's response to the protests?

In the recent weeks of unrest in the Middle East where the Arabs were getting uppity and jumped up on the streets and forced out the rulers or Tunisia and Egypt. Col Gaddafi of Libya is standing his ground and is setting a shining example of what it means to be have strong, effective leadership.

I admire his singlemindedness, determination and willingness to achieve results. That he is not bowing to foreign diplomatic pressure, such as from the US or the UK, essentially telling them to go **** themselves. An excellent leader showing real strength, if I was born a ruler, I'd rule like Gaddafi.

Libya protests: 140 'massacred' as Gaddafi sends in snipers to crush dissent

A hospital official said one of those who died was apparently struck on the head by an anti-aircraft missile

What a headshot..lol!
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No I don't.
Reply 2
Yeah firing missiles and mortars and protesters is great
Reply 3
Ermm, let me think.... No.
Original post by The-Real-One

In the recent weeks of unrest in the Middle East where the Arabs were getting uppity and jumped up on the streets and forced out the rulers or Tunisia and Egypt. Col Gaddafi of Libya is standing his ground and is setting a shining example of what it means to be have strong, effective leadership.

I admire his singlemindedness, determination and willingness to achieve results. That he is not bowing to foreign diplomatic pressure, such as from the US or the UK, essentially telling them to go **** themselves. An excellent leader showing real strength, if I was born a ruler, Gaddafi sets a pretty good example.

What a headshot..lol!

Prepare for the onslaught of neg reps, woman.

And no, I do not admire Gadhaffi's response - in fact (and it may surprise you :gasp: ), I do not admire Gadhaffi at all! :facepalm:
Reply 5
Look at what he has done for Libya for 40 or odd years. Then ask yourself again.
Reply 6
I'd agree with you on the point that a leader needs to have backbone and understand why you might respect him more than Ben Ali or Mubarak.

The same way one could admire Hitler for his very powerful oratory skills.
Reply 7
Original post by abzy1234
Look at what he has done for Libya for 40 or odd years. Then ask yourself again.

He got the Lockerbie bomber released and twirled the UK government around his little finger; much to the fury of the Americans.

How about that one?

Or that he travels everywhere in a tent, and the diplomatic corps will just have to put up with it.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 8
He got the Lockerbie bomber released and twirled the UK government around his little finger; much to the fury of the Americans.

How about that one?

Or that he travels everywhere in a tent, and the diplomatic corps will just have to put up with it.

As much as I want to neg you, I'm not going to, because I know you're just fishing for neg rep here.
Reply 9
No I can not admire somebody who would allow his own troops to fire mercilessly on the people of his own country, including on a funeral parade, shows he has absolutely no respect for life itself.

And yes, you are obviously here for the controversy, do you get off on it or what?

How about that one?

He is a murderer, if you think that killing over 200 people to 'solve' the problem is good then you must have some lousy political views
Reply 11
Original post by Liam 09
No I can not admire somebody who would allow his own troops to fire mercilessly on the people of his own country, including on a funeral parade, shows he has absolutely no respect for life itself.

And yes, you are obviously here for the controversy, do you get off on it or what?

I find it is important that all viewpoints should be heard equally for us to come to a holistic understanding of the subject matter.

And anyway, who are you to suggest that I don't actually believe anything I type on the interweb?
Reply 12

How about that one?

Why does he travel in a tent everywhere he goes? :zomg:
are you stoned? just saying...
Reply 14
If you like Gaddafi so much go shag him
Reply 15
I find it is important that all viewpoints should be heard equally for us to come to a holistic understanding of the subject matter.

And anyway, who are you to suggest that I don't actually believe anything I type on the interweb?

Well your first point is correct, everything should be and has the right to be discussed, if not to show that some viewpoints are frankly a bit extreme.

Meh, maybe you do believe it, but comments like the headshot one just make me HOPE you are not serious, cause then I'd feel really sorry for you.

I admire his singlemindedness, determination and willingness to achieve results. That he is not bowing to foreign diplomatic pressure, such as from the US or the UK, essentially telling them to go **** themselves. An excellent leader showing real strength, if I was born a ruler, I'd rule like Gaddafi.

What a headshot..lol!

Agreed. Gadaffi knows what's best for Libya. Those ungrateful proles better stop protesting.
Reply 17
Gaddafi or Mubarak, doesn't matter whom, but it's pleasing to see people finally getting heard around the world.

After all, its people who voice and shape their own country. And it's their full right to protest against unwanted leaders.

IMO.
Reply 18
Original post by abzy1234
Gaddafi or Mubarak, doesn't matter whom, but it's pleasing to see people finally getting heard around the world.

After all, its people who voice and shape their own country. And it's their full right to protest against unwanted leaders.

IMO.

Absolutely. A country is defined by its people, not its leader. The government is there to serve the citizens and to protect their rights. Citizens have absolutely every right to protest if they don't feel they are being governed justly, correctly or properly, or by an outdated autocrat with a warped idea of liberty and fairness.
If this is the end of Gaddafi's rule (I hope), let us all hope it is without further bloodshed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending