The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3160
Original post by Krydel
Apologies...I'm asking everyone who gets an offer this, but when/what time did you get this? I'm being a tad obsessive on the email refreshing :redface:

Congrats on the offer!

I got it on the 18th at around 7:30pm

Thank you and good luck on your offer :smile:
Original post by Miss Aliza
So far i've got offer from Reading, Southampton and Winchester but my first choice is Surrey...do they usually wait for january exam results before they make an offer??? HELP :s-smilie:

Hey, I got my Surrey offe around november/December time. Quite early in fact. Good luck!
Original post by jimmyatemyworld
I hear Queen Mary makes offers to international students after they have made offers to UK students (don't know if this is true for sure but I have them to be the most efficient of the universities I applied to). I still haven't heard back from King's yet and I'm a UK student so I think King's are slow for everyone ¬_¬

Thanks, that's reassuring :smile: yeah everyone's going crazy over king's - but I heard they hope to have made all decisions by the end of this month. Dunno if that's true though.

Original post by loxemori
Geneva yes ^^

I got my Bristol offer on the 18th of November I think. And I sent my application on the 11th of October. My top choice is UCL, followed by King's. But my chances are very slim ))): oh well, Bristol is supposed to be a really nice place, especially for students (: Good luck with your offers!

oh geneva's nice :smile: Why do think that? I'd say you're definitely on the maybe-pile if you haven't heard from them yet. Good luck to you too, don't give up on UCL!

Original post by mandds
Oh sorry, yeah they would bother me, but still what should I do if I don't get into Kings, QMU and UCL. I just pray and hope that I'll get an offer from one of these unis :wink: Did you do a gap year?

Hm that's true. Stupid fees! But I'm sure you'll get an offer from at least one of them! Yeah I'm doing a gap year - I'm actually in London right now, which isn't helping because I keep going to King's and QMUL, so now I'm even more desperate :wink:
Reply 3163
Hm that's true. Stupid fees! But I'm sure you'll get an offer from at least one of them! Yeah I'm doing a gap year - I'm actually in London right now, which isn't helping because I keep going to King's and QMUL, so now I'm even more desperate

Haha...so do you want to study law or law with something else? Did you do ur Matur at the Rämibühl?
Original post by mandds
Haha...so do you want to study law or law with something else? Did you do ur Matur at the Rämibühl?

Law with Sociology at Durham, but otherwise just law. How about you? And why did you decide to study in the UK?
No, at the Kantonsschule Wiedikon - pretty terrible school tbh, kinda regret it. but oh well, it's over now.
I hear Queen Mary makes offers to international students after they have made offers to UK students (don't know if this is true for sure but I have them to be the most efficient of the universities I applied to). I still haven't heard back from King's yet and I'm a UK student so I think King's are slow for everyone ¬_¬

It's so weird that I have heard back from all unis except for QMUL.....which I expected it to be my insurance :s-smilie:
btw, Does anyone have any suggestion about whether I should have Warwick or QMUL as insurance choice? :smile:
Reply 3166
Original post by Uneschka

oh geneva's nice :smile: Why do think that? I'd say you're definitely on the maybe-pile if you haven't heard from them yet. Good luck to you too, don't give up on UCL!

Because my LNAT score was awful x]
(edited 13 years ago)

How awful? Also, I think all the people who are being rejected purely because of their LNAT got their reply by now, because right after the 31st quite a lot of rejections went out, so they must at least be considering you.
Reply 3168

If you don't mind me asking, what was your score?
Reply 3169

My LNAT was pretty bad - I applied to Durham & KCL as my LNAT unis and I've been accepted to Durham...still waiting for KCL to get back.

My LNAT was 19 in the MCQ. I thought my essay was pretty bad too, but I never really have any idea how to gauge how essays go.
Reply 3170
Original post by bobthegiraffe
I applied to UCL, Bristol, Edinburgh, Exeter and UEA. Got offers from all except a rejection from UCL last week :frown: But I was expecting it really
Doing IB!

Are you a home or international student? What subjects in IB? And was your offer 37 as well?

Sorry for the many questions :colondollar:
Reply 3171
any news from KCL anyone? they said this week right????
Original post by xsexygyalx
better than warwick? or just better than sussex? are you firming reading then? :smile:

Better than everywhere (clearly a joke, in case you don't understand, or other TSR users) ! Just cos I am going, obv :wink:
Yeah I have firmed Reading :smile: I cannot wait to go to university now, my gap year is a bit boring at the moment. Good luck hearing from your other choices :smile:

EDIT: The person that negged this is a bit of a prat who doesn't understand sarcasm! :tongue:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3173
Original post by Miss Aliza
So far i've got offer from Reading, Southampton and Winchester but my first choice is Surrey...do they usually wait for january exam results before they make an offer??? HELP :s-smilie:

I got my offer from Surrey at the end of october I think, so yours shoudl come soon. when did you send your application??
Reply 3174
Original post by Keebamon

Original post by Keebamon
My LNAT was pretty bad - I applied to Durham & KCL as my LNAT unis and I've been accepted to Durham...still waiting for KCL to get back.

My LNAT was 19 in the MCQ. I thought my essay was pretty bad too, but I never really have any idea how to gauge how essays go.

from what i've heard... KCL's LNAT cutoff point was 18, so as long as your grades etc are good, you should be fine!
Original post by Thepro

Did they?! They said they are going to have replied to everyone by the end of this week? Bricking it

Seriously?
Original post by nataliecly
It's so weird that I have heard back from all unis except for QMUL.....which I expected it to be my insurance :s-smilie:
btw, Does anyone have any suggestion about whether I should have Warwick or QMUL as insurance choice? :smile:

I can't really figure out how these unis work haha! Queen Mary made me an offer back in late November and I applied in late October so that's pretty speedy for a good law school, and then I see people on here have been waiting four months to hear back for them. I wish they were all a bit more efficient..BUT I'd prefer to wait than to get rejected. But then again, it's much worse to wait and still get rejected ha. Also, I'd put QM as insurance purely because I hate the location of Warick.
I can't really figure out how these unis work haha! Queen Mary made me an offer back in late November and I applied in late October so that's pretty speedy for a good law school, and then I see people on here have been waiting four months to hear back for them. I wish they were all a bit more efficient..BUT I'd prefer to wait than to get rejected. But then again, it's much worse to wait and still get rejected ha. Also, I'd put QM as insurance purely because I hate the location of Warick.

depends... what's your first choice?
and i'd personally say that Queen Mary's location is horrible. i think it's important to have an insurance that will accept you if you miss the grade and which degree will suit you more. additional modules and all that...
Reply 3179
Haven't Kings handed out a mound of rejections already though? I'd say that if the LNAT was below the 'cut off mark,' and the rest of the application didn't make up for it, then surely those people would have already been rejected.

Doesn't Kings assess the essay form of the LNAT? - surely this must come into play with the MC mark.

Latest

Trending

Trending