The Student Room Group

St. Andrews Medicine Applicants 2011 :D

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1040
Original post by SRK.
haha ... Well the UKCAT is only part of the criteria they use to assess applicants ! And yes, I would think so ... 70 % chance of an offer after interview ( 500 interviewed - 350 offers given out ! ) I even went on UCAS to add the option of sending me a text as it is getting so close to March !

I can imagine you getting a text in class and just going crazy infront of everyone cos you got an offer! :tongue: The 70% thing is keeping the hope alive, would probably do a lap of my street naked if I got an offer! :biggrin:
Reply 1041
Original post by KCosmo
I can imagine you getting a text in class and just going crazy infront of everyone cos you got an offer! :tongue: The 70% thing is keeping the hope alive, would probably do a lap of my street naked if I got an offer! :biggrin:

Well, in wont be in class - in on a gap year- most likely at work :tongue: WOW , I wouldn't be surprised if I beat usain Bolts time with the amount of adrenaline rushing through my body if I get the offer !
Reply 1042
Original post by SRK.
haha ... Well the UKCAT is only part of the criteria they use to assess applicants ! And yes, I would think so ... 70 % chance of an offer after interview ( 500 interviewed - 350 offers given out ! ) I even went on UCAS to add the option of sending me a text as it is getting so close to March !

I thought they only give out 300 offers... that's what st. andrews current students told me. Did you guys find out that information by email the university? Sorry for being suspicious but it's too good to be true! :colondollar:
Are the people in the know 100% sure that it is 500 interviewed and 350 offers? Or is this based on previous years?

Thanks
interview on wednesday, so nervous :|

i have hardly prepared at all....i keep trying to but i give up!
i've got some structured answers to a few of the obvious questions to give me an idea of what to say (obviously ill not make it sound too rehearsed), and i've read up on some medical terms and about the nhs but thats about it!

this is so stressful and its only the interview to get in...
Reply 1045
Original post by dariadaphne
oh :frown: i'm so sorry :| do you have any more choices left ? maybe you'll have better luck with those :smile:

Original post by KCosmo
Ooft sorry man! :frown: Did they send it as a reply to your enquiry about your application, or was it just by chance that it came straight after? Have your other choices got back to you yet?

I've yet to hear back from Aberdeen, and I've had an interview from dundee (which wasn't great)... Looks like I'll be taking a gap year. :frown:

I think they had maybe overlooked my application when handing out the rejections, so me emailing them reminded them they had to dish one out.
Original post by Braddd
I've yet to hear back from Aberdeen, and I've had an interview from dundee (which wasn't great)... Looks like I'll be taking a gap year. :frown:

I think they had maybe overlooked my application when handing out the rejections, so me emailing them reminded them they had to dish one out.

well, at least you have one interview, at dundee ... and who knows, even if you think it wasn't that great, they might think otherwise and give you an offer :biggrin: i hope so, at least :smile: and you still have aberdeen, and they have around 100 more interviews to give, so there's still hope :biggrin:
Original post by platty1907
Are the people in the know 100% sure that it is 500 interviewed and 350 offers? Or is this based on previous years?

Thanks

from admissions, approx 600 interviewed, and approx 350-400 offers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 1048
Original post by garlicbreadman
from admissions, approx 600 interviewed, and approx 350-400 offers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOLY FUDGE, REALLY??!? Could you tell us where you found this out please? Thanks :smile:

EDIT: I know you said admissions, but did you phone up and ask or email etc?

EDIT 2: Also, I thought there were only 500 interviews?
(edited 13 years ago)

wow :biggrin: this is really cool :biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by KCosmo
HOLY FUDGE, REALLY??!? Could you tell us where you found this out please? Thanks :smile:

EDIT: I know you said admissions, but did you phone up and ask or email etc?

EDIT 2: Also, I thought there were only 500 interviews?

Original post by dariadaphne
wow :biggrin: this is really cool :biggrin::biggrin:

omg im so sorry guys, I thought this was the Aberdeen thread for some reason, i feel like such an idiot. I guess this admissions stress must be really getting to my :frown:

really sorry!

Anyway, I was rejected pre-interview but what I can say is from what I have heard ur chances of an offer post-interview at St Andrews are very good!
omg im so sorry guys, I thought this was the Aberdeen thread for some reason, i feel like such an idiot. I guess this admissions stress must be really getting to my :frown:

really sorry!

Anyway, I was rejected pre-interview but what I can say is from what I have heard ur chances of an offer post-interview at St Andrews are very good!

lulz. you failed :awesome:

Was just about to say! Decent odds huh? Lets take this outside... and then into the Aberdeen thread *casts suspicious glances around this thread :biggrin:
Reply 1053
Original post by teafil
Yeah i did... I think I described it for SRK. in a previous post. it was on th 9th of february. Quite average... I finished first, but then again i'm not a native english speaker ad this may be a reason. I know it was average but i just hope it's going to be good enough to earn me a place :biggrin:

Oh yea haha, thats not a bad thing though!
I finished last :/
Well hopefully it will work out!

Original post by SRK.
Hey ryan, can I ask what your UKCAT score is ?

Sure can, its 670 (610, 680, 690, 700).
Have you been interviewed yet? Whats your UKCAT?
Original post by Caponester
Was just about to say! Decent odds huh? Lets take this outside... and then into the Aberdeen thread *casts suspicious glances around this thread :biggrin:

wud u say the stats for aberdeen posted above r alryt?

anyway, now i feel obliged 2 help out! According to this site, they do indeed interview 500! and this site says for 2009 entry they made 318 offers, and it cant have changed that much so id say 320-350 offers and 500 interviews!
(edited 13 years ago)
wud u say the stats for aberdeen posted above r alryt?

Mhmm, I'd be tempted to say 600 interviews and 250-300 offers sounds more likely. It's a pretty small intake at Aberdeen after all! Only approximately 169 in a year now.
Reply 1056

really sorry!

anyway, now i feel obliged 2 help out! According to this site, they do indeed interview 500! and this site says for 2009 entry they made 318 offers, and it cant have changed that much so id say 320-350 offers and 500 interviews!

Haha, it's cool mahn don't sweat it :biggrin: And thanks for the links! Hmm about 320 offers from 500 interviews, about 65% chance then. Not too bad :biggrin:
Original post by Caponester
Mhmm, I'd be tempted to say 600 interviews and 250-300 offers sounds more likely. It's a pretty small intake at Aberdeen after all! Only approximately 169 in a year now.

:frown: u just brought my optimism crashing down like an intergalactic spaceship going at 1 billion miles/minutes

edit: jsut chekd my previous aberdeen post and at the webchat event they said approx 350 offers, so im sure at least 325 offers will be given out
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1058
Original post by ryan118244
Deffinitely!! I loved it!!!
You live in Manchester? How can there be a difference in temp?? Haha I live down south and didn't really notice lol.
What's your top choice then?

My Interview was in December, when it was snowing all over Britain.

It was very very cold :tongue:
Reply 1059
Original post by Zyphlon
My Interview was in December, when it was snowing all over Britain.

It was very very cold :tongue:

Ok haha, i would have love to seen St Andys in the snow.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending