The Student Room Group

Kings Extended Medical Degree 2011

Hi everyone :smile:

I have applied for the Kings EMDP and I read on their website that the interview dates this year are 8th and 9th March 2011 and that they normally invite applicants for interview atleast 3 weeks before the interview. I wanted to know if anyone else has been invited for interview yet? Also, does anyone know if they are carrying out the PQA test this year - if they have, then I'm screwed :eek:

Thanks guys :smile:
Reply 1
Hi there,

King's have already confirmed they are NOT using the PQA test this year, and are using "other indicators", presumably GCSE/A-Level/UKCAT/personal statement. As for the interview dates, I've read somewhere that they try to give around 2 weeks notice, so I assume applicants will start hearing from them this week.

And for the time being, no news is good news, isn't it?
Don't worry too much, we're all in the same situation :wink:

Good luck with your application :smile:
Reply 2
Hey

I have been going mental checking my emails and UCAS tracking just to see if Kings replyed with anything. I know for a fact (as asif007 confirms) that the PQA test is cancelled this year (it would have been done in December if it was to be carried out). I did get an email from Kings but they asked for proof of residency etc from me.

Oh and the interview dates are the 8th and 9th as you have rightly stated but they can give upto a weeks notice. I really am getting inpatient! Im re-reading all the books i said i read just so i can remember them well for the interview, however its a group interview, so im not sure.

Good luck 2 us all! :smile:
Reply 3
Yeah I've been doing the same, the waiting game is getting very tense now! :frown:

I didn't realise they could leave it as late as 1 week's notice? That's quite unnerving, seeing as this would be my first medical interview (if I get one, that is!) :s-smilie:

Just so I'm aware of their progress, I'm trying to predict when the earliest/latest date is for someone to receive a pre-interview rejection for EMDP... I hear about so many people who have heard nothing, yet no-one who has received an outright rejection yet... Do they leave all rejection notices until after the interviews, or does everyone find out at the same time? Any ideas? :confused:
Reply 4
Original post by Mobs25
Hey

I have been going mental checking my emails and UCAS tracking just to see if Kings replyed with anything. I know for a fact (as asif007 confirms) that the PQA test is cancelled this year (it would have been done in December if it was to be carried out). I did get an email from Kings but they asked for proof of residency etc from me.

Oh and the interview dates are the 8th and 9th as you have rightly stated but they can give upto a weeks notice. I really am getting inpatient! Im re-reading all the books i said i read just so i can remember them well for the interview, however its a group interview, so im not sure.

Good luck 2 us all! :smile:

Tell me you haven't read that green Medicine book with all the interview questions + answers in? D:

Original post by asif007
Yeah I've been doing the same, the waiting game is getting very tense now! :frown:

I didn't realise they could leave it as late as 1 week's notice? That's quite unnerving, seeing as this would be my first medical interview (if I get one, that is!) :s-smilie:

Just so I'm aware of their progress, I'm trying to predict when the earliest/latest date is for someone to receive a pre-interview rejection for EMDP... I hear about so many people who have heard nothing, yet no-one who has received an outright rejection yet... Do they leave all rejection notices until after the interviews, or does everyone find out at the same time? Any ideas? :confused:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1374764&page=23

Post there, someone called up and Kings said they will send out all interviews this week. (Don't quote me on this, someone just called up)
Reply 5
Original post by Legit
Tell me you haven't read that green Medicine book with all the interview questions + answers in? D:

lol not that one YET :P i'm saving that for closer to the interview lol WHICH im hoping will be by the end of this week! I really want EMDP!

btw does anyone know if you can undertake the inter-calculated BSc course if we are on EMDP?? I wanted to but that would mean 7 years.

(LOL how im planning this all without even an interview!)
Reply 6
Original post by Mobs25
lol not that one YET :P i'm saving that for closer to the interview lol WHICH im hoping will be by the end of this week! I really want EMDP!

btw does anyone know if you can undertake the inter-calculated BSc course if we are on EMDP?? I wanted to but that would mean 7 years.

(LOL how im planning this all without even an interview!)

Oh gosh, seriously the biggest advice someone can give you is DONT read those books.

And my sisters on EMDP, she says you can do a BSc but 7 years. Ouch!
Reply 7
Original post by Legit
Oh gosh, seriously the biggest advice someone can give you is DONT read those books.

And my sisters on EMDP, she says you can do a BSc but 7 years. Ouch!

oh wow... do u knw how many people they interview?
Reply 8
Original post by Mobs25
oh wow... do u knw how many people they interview?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1374764&page=24

Ask there please!
Reply 9
I got an interview for 8th march :borat:
Reply 10
I got an interview too...(Thank God!)

But its a multi mini and have no idea how to prepare...
any ideas?:smile::smile::smile:
Reply 11
I got an interview on the 8th too...Thank god teh wait was traumatic

I already had a MMI interview style at UEA...I'd say just learn to think quick on your feet and dont repeat yourself. (I think I did that alot):smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending