The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Oxford Brookes primary PGCE interview in January 2011?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Lottswatts
I did napkin folding and was in the first bunch of people to be called out. How about you, what was your task?

Ooooh this is all very exciting!! Does anyone know roughly when we start? I know I am way ahead of time here but I am going to have to book time off work to go house hunting etc

Mine was making self-portraits out of tinfoil...did we talk on the day?, I was sat next to a girl who was doing napkin folding, during the course discussion...and she got called out in first bunch.
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Reply 21
Hi everyone,

Just to say that I have created a facebook group "Oxford Brookes Primary PGCE 2011/2012" Just in case it is easier to talk/ find out info and to see who is looking for places to live etc.
Reply 22
Original post by Jodie1023
Mine was making self-portraits out of tinfoil...did we talk on the day?, I was sat next to a girl who was doing napkin folding, during the course discussion...and she got called out in first bunch.

Ha ha it sounds like it!! Ive got short dark hair and was wearing a skirt on the day. Tin foil portraits, that sounds good fun!! I bet no one else has done that, very original.

Have u got your crb form etc through yet? I sent mine off straight away, i just want to see that conditional turn to unconditional

Xx
Reply 23
Yes, CRB form back...am in the process of filling it in. Although, have that many former addresses that it is taking quite a while lol. Seems such little time to get everything sorted...the time is flying by!
Reply 24
Does anyone know about funding for PGCE? Now that bursary has been scrapped...what can we apply for? I am going to really struggle this year now!
Reply 25
hey hope u dont mind me joining this thread, altho i had my interview in november lol! Well done to all of you who have got in! Anyone doing the early years course? I heard on friday that my offer had changed to unconditonal, so relieved! Will join the facebook group :smile:
xxx
Reply 26
Does anyone know about funding for PGCE? Now that bursary has been scrapped...what can we apply for? I am going to really struggle this year now!

I'm interested in this too. Will really struggle without that extra 4k :-(
Reply 27
We can't apply for anything until 16th March by the looks of it. There is a maintenance grant up to £2906 (non-repayable), maintenance loan and a Bursary from the uni (£338) atleast that's what i've read from directgov. Looking at Harcourt Hill campus it is nearly £6000, and getting a house will prob be more after bills etc taken into account.
Reply 28
We can't apply for anything until 16th March by the looks of it. There is a maintenance grant up to £2906 (non-repayable), maintenance loan and a Bursary from the uni (£338) atleast that's what i've read from directgov. Looking at Harcourt Hill campus it is nearly £6000, and getting a house will prob be more after bills etc taken into account.

Some of this is dependent on income though. I rang Student Finance England yesterday to ask about the non-repayable maintenance grant, and they told me that it is assessed based on your parents income if you are under 25, unless you are married, have a child, or can prove that you have been earning more than £7500 each year for the last 3 years thus supporting yourself financially.

Am very annoyed about this as it means that, despite me having moved out of my parents house officially (changed address on driving license, bank statements etc etc) and am living with my boyfriend and his parents (who are retired and have no income), I cannot get the maintenance grant because my parents earn over the qualifying income bracket.

Don't know anything about the bursary from the uni though.
Reply 29
It does seem silly doesn't it! I only just qualify then, as I am 25 and live away from home. There are probably further clauses to it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending