The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Official UCL Applicant Thread for Entry in 2011!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2760
Original post by Dark Alukard
Yay! Finally! UCL gave me an interview invite for 26 of March. I thought they were going to reject me, but now I am so happy)) Anybody else is going on 16th of March for Computer Sceince interview?

Me too :smile: im going on the 16th of March for UCL and i read on the other thread that you're going to the Imperial interview on the 2nd of March, right? cos im going to those as well :biggrin:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by yilyn
I think they don't work during the weekends.

Okay, makes sense I suppose :smile:
Thanks!
Reply 2762
Original post by 6K6
Congratulations!!! They make offers without the selection day involved, that's nice :biggrin:.
Is it your dream firm choice :>?

:smile: yep i think its my firm!! you? well done by the way!
Reply 2763
Heey, has anyone had an interview at UCL for pharmacology?..I've got one soon and I don't know what to expect :s-smilie:
Reply 2764
Original post by vitaMin17
Unconditional offer for MA Principles in Conservation!!! Soooo over the moon right now :biggrin:

I'm doing MA Principles of Conservation too!!! Yay us!:smile: :smile:
Does anyone know how many places are available for the biological sciences course at ucl ? :smile:
Reply 2766
Original post by nafees_123
I just got an email inviting me to an open day for Maths with Economics. But the admissions tutor who sent the email wrote 'I have recommended to our Faculty Office that you be made an offer for a place'. I have heard from freinds that they do the so called 'informal interview' when your there. Is this true? ... Should I prepare for an Interview or just go there stress free?

Hi, I think you will get an offer if you attend the open day. It's exactly the same as me and I got offer on Thursday, of course after attending their open day with the same invitation. Don't worry, just go there. They want to show you how beautiful UCL is, how big it is.... and what your benefits are if you choose UCL :">
has anyone heard back for law yet?? sent of my application back in October, and still haven't heard anything
Reply 2768
Original post by Dover_Beach
has anyone heard back for law yet?? sent of my application back in October, and still haven't heard anything

Received my offer in November.

Hope this helps. :smile:
Reply 2769
Hello there, I just applied to UCL's MA in Countering Organized Crime and Terrorism (full-time). Does anyone know what is usually needed to be accepted and how long it takes for a reply? Has anyone else chosen this course?
Hey all, I got an email last week saying I have been recommended for ESPS but no official offer has shown up yet on UCAS TRACK... If they make me offer though definately my firm :smile:
Reply 2771
Original post by Dover_Beach

I got my offer on the 11th Feb, and I sent me application off in October too :smile:
hey, this may be a stupid question, but in order to get an offer from UCL, do you HAVE to be invited for an open day/interview?
Original post by LoveHateHero
hey, this may be a stupid question, but in order to get an offer from UCL, do you HAVE to be invited for an open day/interview?

Not necessarily, some people get offers solely based on their application. It's more common for students who live far away but many students have just received a letter of offer straight up :smile:
Original post by Panda Vinnie
Not necessarily, some people get offers solely based on their application. It's more common for students who live far away but many students have just received a letter of offer straight up :smile:

oh thank you :smile: gosh I wish that was me XD
Original post by LoveHateHero
oh thank you :smile: gosh I wish that was me XD

Interviews and Open days can seem daunting, I'm sure they can be at other competitive universities where applicants come out describing it as a 'grilling' but UCL is an exception. Their interview is usually just a brief chat, and they're actually known to be the one university which tell you that you've got the offer before the interview even takes place!

Best of luck for your application :smile:
Offer for maths following a visit to their open day :smile:
Reply 2777
Original post by Dark Alukard
Yay! Finally! UCL gave me an interview invite for 26 of March. I thought they were going to reject me, but now I am so happy)) Anybody else is going on 16th of March for Computer Sceince interview?

UCL actually sent me an offer for CS, which I was grateful for, since going back and forth for Interviews would have been a little pricey for me :colondollar:.

But! I am going to the 2nd March Imperial interview, any hint on how to spot you, fellow Hellsing fan? :biggrin:
Was absolutely devastated to leave London and go to Edinburgh today. Edinburgh's a lovely city but London was just starting to feel like home...
Original post by mc13177
Received my offer in November.

Hope this helps. :smile:

Original post by pick92
I got my offer on the 11th Feb, and I sent me application off in October too :smile:

got rejected this evening :frown: life goes on! hope you two enjoy UCL in October if you're firming it, and thanks for replying :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending