The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lekky
I found you :wink:

I'm not quite so impressed by that anymore seeing as probably 50% of the people on here have :p:
In other news, I've had such a wasted weekend and all this week is going to be consumed by drinking/rowing. drinking/rowing is not so much of a waste but still :p:
PBL write-up is done! :yy:

Yay, I can go to bed! :yawn: - Oh wait... I need to be up in 30 minutes.... :emo:
Original post by win2kpro
PBL write-up is done! :yy:

Yay, I can go to bed! :yawn: - Oh wait... I need to be up in 30 minutes.... :emo:

HAhahaa owned.
Original post by Renal

I could have guessed at an orange jump suit, that or a strait-jacket... :wink:

On the whole stalking front, I worked out a highly likely candidate for the real identity of Dr Grumble, medical blogger.

The things people do when they're procrastinating...
(edited 13 years ago)
I've not managed to stalk anyone, fail :frown: Although facebook was crashing...

+1 to whoever stalks me first! Probably won't be that hard to find tbh.
Original post by Mushi_master
I've not managed to stalk anyone, fail :frown: Although facebook was crashing...

+1 to whoever stalks me first! Probably won't be that hard to find tbh.

Are you dragging a big stick along a beach?
Original post by Lantana
Are you dragging a big stick along a beach?

Most possibly!
Reply 1388
Most possibly!

Worked at Royal United Hospital (Health Care Assistant)
Original post by Phryx
Worked at Royal United Hospital (Health Care Assistant)

I had no idea it would be so easy, doesn't bother me though.
Well it's not that bad, you just knuckle down and get on with it really, and by this point I find I take things in quicker and am better at filtering what I need to know and how much time I should spend.

I wrote shorthand notes for each lecture, spending maybe 15-20 mins on each one, and was revising a scenario a day. Then with the last couple of days just read through the slides a couple of times quite quickly, seemed to work for me.

It seems to take me like 2 hours to make notes on one lecture, I think I'm probably spending way too much time on them :frown: do you know if we get past paper questions for phase 2 like we did for phase 1?
Original post by billet-doux
It seems to take me like 2 hours to make notes on one lecture, I think I'm probably spending way too much time on them :frown: do you know if we get past paper questions for phase 2 like we did for phase 1?

Well, when working throughout the year it's more like an hour per lecture making notes - 15/20 mins is what I'd spend on a first run through when revising over Easter. Each lecture totally varies of course.

Aren't some of the sample questions on the VC related to phase 2? I didn't use them so not sure. You never know, some may end on the black market around revision time.
Reply 1392
Original post by Helenia
Having been to a couple of wedding fairs this weekend, we are a bit :eek4: at how much everything (especially professional photography) costs, so not currently sure if we're actually going to have one. Seems a bit risky but it's just so. much. money.

Hmm - I'd think carefully. We had plenty of friends-with-good-cameras (& there were the occasional gems from them - if you look through our facebook album any wedding photo with a thanks to & then name rather than 'Radiant' was an amateur!) BUT i would have been disappointed if those were all I had... Having someone paid to get the details, preparation, during the ceremony (your registrar will probably only let one person take photos during! & those are some of my absolute favourites :love: ) , the group shots you want etc. I think was worth it.

Wedding fayre photographers are probably the mid-higher end so it might actually be cheaper? Especially outside of the London fringe! We spent 5% of our total budget on photographer (& prob smidgen higher in total because i'm putting albums together myself so materials costs there).

Photos are one of the things that last. He says memories too - but if he's a demented old man one days he needs beautiful photos of his once beautiful wife. :tongue:

</wedding>

Much easier for people to facebook find me now. :wink:
why do people make notes of lecture slides? i've literally never seen anyone do it haha!
Reply 1394

Could that be any less creative?
Reply 1396
I could've done 'You have AIDS'. Probably would've flowed better.
Reply 1397
Original post by John Locke
why do people make notes of lecture slides? i've literally never seen anyone do it haha!

Hmm I do it even if I know I can just print out the slide as it makes me focus
Or if they're talking around the subject
Reply 1398
Original post by SMed
I could've done 'You have AIDS'. Probably would've flowed better.
It does.

http://gobarbra.com/hit/new-885b39755834a2b81d40a3c6a62aaecb
Original post by Kinkerz
Could that be any less creative?

4 people disagree with you apparently haha :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending