The Student Room Group

Spoilt Little Rich Girl, any ideas?

Scroll to see replies

Steal her stuff when shes not looking
She sounds craaazy! :eek3:
Go and visit her in jail. Spend 5 miniutes laughing at her. Leave and enjoy freedom.

Seriously though, hahahaha, how awesome is that!
Reply 83
Original post by Muffinz
The girl BROKE INTO HER ROOM and TOOK HER CLOTHES.

OP, press charges for the car damage. University campuses have security cameras everywhere. Someone will have caught that **** on tape.

What the...I didn't defend the girl. People are so sensitive about money and class.
Reply 84
Original post by millie
As a spoilt girl myself I can actually understand her reasoning behind all her actions, so I can tell you there is no way to reason with her (unless you are in charge of her bank account).

You either have to placate her (as in suck up to her which I doubt you'd want to do) or put up with it until she gets bored or you could try and distract her with something else eg. boyfriend dumping her etc.

I'm sorry :frown: good luck!

Or she could just give her a slap. The girl sounds like she needs a good slap tbh.

There is absolutely no conceivable reason that any of those actions are excusable. They're completely hysterical and to be honest, they can be considered criminal acts (theft, property damage, trespassing). If you act like this too, you should really think about what you're doing. Then, get someone to give you a good slap.
Reply 85
Original post by *Lollo*
What the...I didn't defend the girl. People are so sensitive about money and class.

This isn't about class though. The girl has committed frankly criminal acts. If you're saying it's all about class warfare on TSR then you've missed the point entirely...
Sounds normal to me.

if you're a raging lunatic who thinks nothing of other people that is.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 87
Absolute result! Have been home all weekend, heard off my other flatmates that some serious shenanigans have gone down, she's now been kicked out of halls for drink driving and smashing her car into one of the buildings whilst trying to park, then punching a security guard when he went to ring the police. She's now in a cell being done for driving under the influence and assault!
However, now I wont be able to begin my childish revenge plan!

Oh, yay!
Reply 88
Backhand the ho
What uni is this ?
How? If no one explains to this girl that her behaviour is unacceptable then she will continue to act that way. If she hadn't been so difficult to live with then people would be more willing to live with her; her problems are entirely her own fault.
Original post by musicismylife91
Hey all, I'm currently living in halls with a spoilt little rich girl! From moving in, we got on really well, similar music tastes etc. Since about November, she has become impossible to live with. She's messy (never washes up, leaves raw meat and cooked food just on the surfaces, wont clean it up), takes any food just left in the fridge because "Were a family, so we should all share" - but doesn't contribute to things we share like bread/milk/butter etc. There's 5 of us in the flat, and since Christmas, she has been going out with one of our other flatmates who has said that he feels trapped in the relationship, and has split up with her several times, but has no will power just to end it. She has more money than us (c. £200 a week after rent) so makes us feel bad cause we can't afford to go out for meals/nights out every night of the week. She has frequently gone to security pretending that my room is her room when I haven't been there, so she can borrow my clothes and shoes without asking me first (this has now been sorted though). Its not just this, theres many many more things.

Me and two of my other flatmates have recently told her we don't want to live with her next year, as we'd rather look after a classroom of four year olds after a packet of smarties in all honesty. Since telling her this, she has gone mental. She has been drink driving, having really really loud sex with her boyfriend (beyond the realms of faking it), has damaged my car, thrown all of our food into the bin "cause its gone out of date" (when we had been shopping the day before), or because "she doesnt like it", smashes our glasses/plates etc so we have to go out and buy new ones. We've now resorted to keeping everything that we possibly can in our rooms and the three of us are scared to leave our rooms for whatever she may possibly do next. The residential team have tried talking to her, but that hasnt really worked and they wont take it any further and told us "We have to get on with it".
Has anybody got any ideas on how we can talk to her? We've tried, but she just wont listen and goes off crying to Daddy who'll dump a few hundred in her bank account to keep her happy! Any help will be much appreciated!

If she has really done all of that she would have been kicked out of halls and probably uni as well. Not sure what uni you go to but I knew people kicked out of halls for much less.
Reply 92
Original post by Muffinz
The girl BROKE INTO HER ROOM and TOOK HER CLOTHES.

OP, press charges for the car damage. University campuses have security cameras everywhere. Someone will have caught that **** on tape.

Now please explain to me how any of that behaviour is indicative of her being rich ? If anything I think it's fair to say people who have less money have more need to steal ...

I am not saying the girl in the OP is an angel, not even saying she's a good person. I just don't like how the word 'rich' was used in the title as part of the insult. I'm rich and I'm far from spoilt. Yet I knew a girl at my private school who was from a family with less money than mine but she got everything she wanted. I asked my dad for some money for some guitar strings the other day and the first thing he said back was "what have you done to deserve it?". Rich doesn't mean someone is a bitch like this girl. Rich also doesn't mean spoilt, The parents with the money determine what their children become. I've had my ass handed to me for doing some stuff 99% of kids my age would get away with.

When I go to university I'm fairly sure I'll be one of the 'richer' ones there. I just hope it's never used to describe me in a negative way. As if to say my wealth has anything to do with what kind of person I am.
Original post by Arenas123
Now please explain to me how any of that behaviour is indicative of her being rich ? If anything I think it's fair to say people who have less money have more need to steal ...

I am not saying the girl in the OP is an angel, not even saying she's a good person. I just don't like how the word 'rich' was used in the title as part of the insult. I'm rich and I'm far from spoilt. Yet I knew a girl at my private school who was from a family with less money than mine but she got everything she wanted. I asked my dad for some money for some guitar strings the other day and the first thing he said back was "what have you done to deserve it?". Rich doesn't mean someone is a bitch like this girl. Rich also doesn't mean spoilt, The parents with the money determine what their children become. I've had my ass handed to me for doing some stuff 99% of kids my age would get away with.

When I go to university I'm fairly sure I'll be one of the 'richer' ones there. I just hope it's never used to describe me in a negative way. As if to say my wealth has anything to do with what kind of person I am.

If you don't go on about it, they'll be no real reason for anyone to assume you're well-off and so it won't be an issue!
Reply 94

9 times out of 10 Your flatmates don't steal your food because they can't afford a pack of value cheese or a pint of milk - they steal your food cos they couldn't be bothered going to the shops but still think they're entitled to eat cos they were brought up spoiled.

no one's really going to care how rich you are if you're not obnoxious - but if you're rich and obnoxious then you're conforming to a stereotype about obnoxious rich girls and people will gyp you for it.
Give her a taste of her own medicine.

Only this time, it won't be one vs four, it will be four vs one :biggrin:

I really don't understand this- no offence. "Rich" used to be used to insult me quite a lot at school and I was never offended by it for the simple reason that the work and luck that my parents have had over their lifetime means that my life has been easier than any of the people who used to call me a little rich girl, and how could I be anything but grateful for that? It's not an insult to me so I wouldn't take it as one, even if that's what's intended.
Also, how did this thread turn into a minor class war? Lol
Original post by babygirl110
Yeah, typical spoilt girl. .

sounds a bit beyond spoilt really
Original post by Jamie
sounds a bit beyond spoilt really

Lol, yeah she does sound rather crazy. In my experience, spoilt girls do those sorts of things. They are very selfish, it's not even about being rich, she's just so spoilt.

Maybe personality disorder is also in the mix.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 99

NONE OF IT IS!

Don't you see that these are CRIMINAL ACTS that transcend class or income? Rich imo is used as an ADJECTIVE, not a SLUR.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending