WARNING: HORRIFIC

Burned to Death for Not Shooting Protesters in Libya

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7jAJ8J-nRE
Reply 61
Original post by Sushidelight
WARNING: HORRIFIC

Burned to Death for Not Shooting Protesters in Libya

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7jAJ8J-nRE

Wow... and that's just outside the "Shores of Civilization".
Reply 62

In all seriousness...what have we become, that mercenaries rape our women, so the men are afraid to leave their homes...
Egyptian cleric: Kill Gaddafi

A top Egyptian cleric has called on Libyan soldiers who can shoot Libya's unpopular Leader Muammar Gaddafi not to hold their fire to free the nation of his oppression.

Yousof al-Qaradawi, viewed as the spiritual leader of the Egyptian opposition Muslim Brotherhood, made the call on Monday through a fatwa (religious decree) against the 42-year-long head of state.

"Whoever in the Libyan Army is able to shoot a bullet at Mr. Gaddafi should do so," he told the Qatar-based news channel al-Jazeera.

Libya has been swept by pro-democracy protests inspired by popular revolutions in Egypt and Tunisia, which toppled the countries' presidents.

Such killing would "rid Libya of him," said Qaradawi. The scholar, who also heads the International Union for Muslim Scholars, returned to Egypt after three decades in exile following the revolution.

Gaddafi's government has deployed fighter jets to open fire on the demonstrators to prevent what appears to be an imminent revolution.

Forces loyal to Gaddafi are also said to have used live rounds against protesters amid reports, pointing to the arrival of planeloads of armed foreign mercenaries in the capital, Tripoli.

Libyan protesters, however, have reportedly managed to seize several cities.

The International Federation for Human Rights says as many as 400 people have so far been killed during the protests.

Qaradawi also told Libyan soldiers "not to obey orders to strike at your own people," and urged Libyan ambassadors around the world to dissociate themselves from Gaddafi's regime.
Reply 64
Original post by ma3eeni
People are being shot at random! They're being targeted. Reports are coming in about protestors shot straight in the heads! 84 already killed in less than 3 days! Where is the international condemnation and the community?

but do you think that the country will be any better if qadafi is kicked off? If so, then you are wrong. You cannot have a democratic middle-eastern country. Once again if you disagree, prove it. Name a democratic middle eastern country that respects human rights, and is also a thriving nation. Exactly, you can't.

They SHOULD have democracy, however unfortunately they CAN'T :frown:
Reply 65
Original post by mevidek
but do you think that the country will be any better if qadafi is kicked off? If so, then you are wrong. You cannot have a democratic middle-eastern country. Once again if you disagree, prove it. Name a democratic middle eastern country that respects human rights, and is also a thriving nation. Exactly, you can't.

And that then justifies killing 200 people? What do you mean by democratic middle eastern country? One where the will of the people is applied?

Lebanon.
Jordan.
Egypt (now)

There's three.
Original post by mevidek

turkey
Reply 67
Killing your own people to grasp on to power. Disgraceful.

Although, I must say I am still sceptical as to what will emerge from these revolutions. I would love for it to be secular democracy with embedded human rights, but I am not sure if that is being too optimistic?
Reply 68
http://www.petitiononline.com/01031988/petition-sign.html?

I am not entirely sure if this will come to any fruition, but it's worth a try. There are currently 17294 total signatures.

More on the crisis in Libya here.
Signed.
Reply 70
Original post by ma3eeni
And that then justifies killing 200 people? What do you mean by democratic middle eastern country? One where the will of the people is applied?

Lebanon.
Jordan.
Egypt (now)

There's three.

Loooolllll

Lebanon - Does not respect human rights, and also utilize a confessionalist government, which means gays being stoned to death, aposthates also stoned, and female rape victims being stoned to death for "adultery"
Jordan - Jordan is under a monarchy, not a democratic country
Egypt - Is under a junta, which means that they will be worse off than when Mubarak ruled...

P.S Do some research before you try going against the truth XD

And no, it does nnot justify killing 200 people, but unfortunately their countries will turn to total anarchy... Democracy goes against their way of thinking.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 71
Original post by Cravez
turkey

Turkey isn't a middle eastern country, it is Mediterranean
Reply 72
Original post by mevidek
Loooolllll

Lebanon - Does not respect human rights, and also utilize a confessionalist government, which means gays being stoned to death, aposthates also stoned, and female rape victims being stoned to death for "adultery"
Jordan - Jordan is under a monarchy, not a democratic country
Egypt - Is under a junta, which means that they will be worse off than when Mubarak ruled...

P.S Do some research before you try going against the truth XD

You talked about democracy. That's where people decide their fate. People in Jordan are happy with the monarchy. Doesn't mean its not a democracy. The same can be applied to Lebanon and Egypt. If that's what the people want, why are you complaining?

And no, it does nnot justify killing 200 people, but unfortunately their countries will turn to total anarchy... Democracy goes against their way of thinking.

Their way of thinking? Seriously what are you?
Reply 73
Original post by mevidek
Turkey isn't a middle eastern country, it is Mediterranean

Of course its Middle Eastern. Do some research before speaking. :wink:
Reply 74
Original post by ma3eeni
You talked about democracy. That's where people decide their fate. People in Jordan are happy with the monarchy. Doesn't mean its not a democracy. The same can be applied to Lebanon and Egypt. If that's what the people want, why are you complaining?

Their way of thinking
? Seriously what are you?

Erm, you can tell that they are not happy with their politics because of the demonstrations... Isn't it obvious that they want democracy, however they do not know how to keep it...

And what am I? Someone who can tell the truth....
Reply 75
Original post by ma3eeni
Of course its Middle Eastern. Do some research before speaking. :wink:

erm no it's not... they are culturally different, and they recognise themselves as european, although the EU don't. They are completely different... once again check up on your facts.
Reply 76
Original post by mevidek
erm no it's not... they are culturally different, and they recognise themselves as european, although the EU don't. They are completely different... once again check up on your facts.

"culturally" different? So you're saying the Arab world otherwise, is culturally identical? From Libya to Jordan, to Saudi Arabia, to Yemen to Bahrain to Egypt?

Are you stupid? Or are you one of those people who thinks that by playing a devil's advocate you're being intellectually superior? Give me a break mate.

How can you believe that having a dictator who has already killed half a thousand unarmed civilian is not worthy of being removed? I do expect serious answers here and for you to own up to your absurd claims.
Reply 77
Original post by ma3eeni
"culturally" different? So you're saying the Arab world otherwise, is culturally identical? From Libya to Jordan, to Saudi Arabia, to Yemen to Bahrain to Egypt?

Are you stupid? Or are you one of those people who thinks that by playing a devil's advocate you're being intellectually superior? Give me a break mate.

How can you believe that having a dictator who has already killed half a thousand unarmed civilian is not worthy of being removed? I do expect serious answers here and for you to own up to your absurd claims.

you're twisting my words... I'm not saying that they shouldn't be overthrown, I'm saying that there hopes of getting a democratic country are quite slim. And no, not every arab country is similar culturally, but Turkey is completely different.

Look mate, if you can't take someone else's opinion, even if it's been proven by history (which it has) then just get off the student room. You fail.
Original post by mevidek

Do some research yourself mate, according the the geographical recognition of the EU, Turkey are geographical European...
Also, if you speak with a lot of Turkish people they do not recognize themselves as European....
Reply 79
Original post by jakemittle
Do some research yourself mate, according the the geographical recognition of the EU, Turkey are geographical European...
Also, if you speak with a lot of Turkish people they do not recognize themselves as European....

no I'm not talking about geographically. I'm saying that politically and culturally, they recognise themselves as European. And all of the Turks I've talked to, and their government want them to join the EU and be recognised as European.

Look it's obvious that people will not agree with me because everyone in the world is too optimistic. Like I said, "They SHOULD have democracy but unfortunately they CAN'T"

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending