The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Great Expectations by Dickens
Reading two! (Well also the Beano annual but i'm not sure that counts...)

A little flesh, a little breath, and a reason to rule all - That is myself , Marcus Aurelius
Carmen - Proper Mérimée

I never realised it could be so interesting!! :biggrin:
Phillip Kerr - The One From The Other
(I got it free from Watertstones :P)
Original post by ~Tasha~
Haha!
I think it's great when you're travelling, I find it's easier to get into a book as you've no option but to sit there for a certain length of time!

Haha yeah, I had some difficulty with reading at home a few years ago because I could not concentrate, but now I can read anywhere except for extremely noisy and active atmospheres.

Would you happen to like the classic romance stories of Jane Austen and the Bronte Sisters? I have an indescribable fondness for them haha
i heart Paris by Linsey kelk
Reply 9145
Douglas carswell's the plan and still 1/4 way through the baader meinhof complex! Been reading that one for wayyy to long but never have the time to really get into it :'(
Reply 9146
"44 Scotland Street" by Alexander McCall Smith :smile:
Reply 9147
Original post by Alex-jc123
Haha yeah, I had some difficulty with reading at home a few years ago because I could not concentrate, but now I can read anywhere except for extremely noisy and active atmospheres.

Would you happen to like the classic romance stories of Jane Austen and the Bronte Sisters? I have an indescribable fondness for them haha

Aww! Same!
I've read wuthering heights, but I might start Pride and Prejudice soon :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 9148
Nice :biggrin:
I'm guessing you've read Forever War then. How did you find it?? (no spoilers please). I only started reading it yesterday.
Just finished reading "The Strangest Man". A biography on the quantum physicist, Paul Dirac.

AMAZING BOOK.
Reply 9150
I'm reading The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
The Count of Monte Cristo. Very, very good book.
Reply 9152
People have different tastes I guess :dontknow:
I've read about 30 pages and I was liked it, its a bit slow at the start but I guess it'll move faster during the middle.
Original post by ~Tasha~
Aww! Same!
I've read wuthering heights, but I might start Pride and Prejudice soon :smile:

Oh, you'll find that Jane Eyre is better than Wuthering Heights :wink:
Reply 9154
Original post by soutioirsim
Just finished reading "The Strangest Man". A biography on the quantum physicist, Paul Dirac.

AMAZING BOOK.

I'm interested in this one, you clearly recommend it?

I'm currently reading 'The Welfare State We're In'.
Reply 9156
Harlan Coben - Caught
I'm reading David Mitchell's Cloud Atlas.

Still only on the second section but so farsie, so goodsie - I'm really enjoying the "Russian Doll" structure, and the writing style is beautiful.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Alex-jc123
Oh, you'll find that Jane Eyre is better than Wuthering Heights :wink:

How is it better, I'm reading wuthering heights at the moment seems good, I've thought about reading Jane Eyre.
Reply 9159
Original post by scireamortente
How is it better, I'm reading wuthering heights at the moment seems good, I've thought about reading Jane Eyre.

I think the character of Jane Eyre is more likable and relatable than Cathy. Not that I don't like Wuthering Heights, I was just more emotionally invested in Jane Eyre.

Latest

Trending

Trending