The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1400
Original post by Philosoraptor
4 people disagree with you apparently haha :biggrin:

I made the thing, and I agree with him. :biggrin:
Original post by SMed
I made the thing, and I agree with him. :biggrin:

Do you want me to message the mods and ask for the pos to become a negative? :p:

haha
4 people disagree with you apparently haha :biggrin:

I'm sure those 4+ people are more in favour of the mantra of the thing rather than the innovation or creativity it shows. I was expecting an elaborate and convincing concoction of lyrics!
Original post by Kinkerz
I'm sure those 4+ people are more in favour of the mantra of the thing rather than the innovation or creativity it shows. I was expecting an elaborate and convincing concoction of lyrics!

haha - yes I did it in support of my feelings that PBL is lameass.

I thought you were disagreeing?
haha - yes I did it in support of my feelings that PBL is lameass.

I thought you were disagreeing?

Not necessarily. Just expressing disappointment :p:

I don't know yet if I like PBL. That said, I really don't like lectures, so I guess in the current system, PBL's the only alternative.
Hammered. Haem at 9.

**** off.
Original post by Fission_Mailed
Hammered. Haem at 9.

**** off.

My sympathies. the only reason I'm not smashed tonight is that I'm going out Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday. I'd go out friday also, but I don't think people would like me turning up for a race smashed.
Original post by Jessaay!
My sympathies. the only reason I'm not smashed tonight is that I'm going out Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday. I'd go out friday also, but I don't think people would like me turning up for a race smashed.

Gotta go out tomorrow cos I'm dj-ing at a soc, then get up for a GP placement at 6:30. FML.
So tired, need to sleep. Sleeeeeeeeep. :awesome:
Original post by Fission_Mailed
Gotta go out tomorrow cos I'm dj-ing at a soc, then get up for a GP placement at 6:30. FML.
So tired, need to sleep. Sleeeeeeeeep. :awesome:

Good fresher *pats* First year is all about sleep deprivation and alcoholic liver disease.
Meh turned up at 10 today for AWOL lecture. In other news, I'm going to be an observer for a pre hospital trauma course, fed and watered for 2 days, should be interesting trip out with LAS...
SSC progress today? Played 2 hours of Halo, now on TSR. FML.
Original post by Mushi_master
SSC progress today? Played 2 hours of Halo, now on TSR. FML.

Almost ditto. Exam study leave has turned into an excuse to stay in bed til at least lunchtime.
Reply 1413
Original post by John Locke
why do people make notes of lecture slides? i've literally never seen anyone do it haha!

So many people do it here. Some effectively copy them, some print them out, and others make small notes on them (what I do) when the lecturer says something that isn't in the notes/only appears on the powerpoint.
Anyone want to explain how pain works? I can't get it all to fit together in my head. I think I get how pain goes from the damaged site to the brain, but then I get lost when you add in descending control and gate control theory :dontknow:
Original post by Becca-Sarah
Anyone want to explain how pain works? I can't get it all to fit together in my head. I think I get how pain goes from the damaged site to the brain, but then I get lost when you add in descending control and gate control theory :dontknow:

We did that last week. I remember zilch :p:

Descending control/gate theory simply inhibits the sensory afferent fibres at the spinal level via the larger A beta fibres, reducing the overall pain signal.
Original post by Mushi_master
Descending control/gate theory simply inhibits the sensory afferent fibres at the spinal level via the larger A beta fibres, reducing the overall pain signal.

At spinal level? So where does the substantia gellatinosa in the middle of my gate control diagram fit in? I thought it was in the brain? :confused:
Original post by Kinkerz
Not necessarily. Just expressing disappointment :p:

I don't know yet if I like PBL. That said, I really don't like lectures, so I guess in the current system, PBL's the only alternative.

tutorials!
At spinal level? So where does the substantia gellatinosa in the middle of my gate control diagram fit in? I thought it was in the brain? :confused:

The substantia gelatinosa is made up of layers I and II on the dorsal horn of spinal grey matter, it's where the A beta fibres interact with the primary afferents.

Latest

Trending

Trending