The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Andy Ftw
I am..They emailed me saying they would reply by the today so just a matter of waiting :tongue:

Good luck :smile:

Yes, I got the email from about a week ago which said they 'expect' to have made a decision by today lol
I have applied for Maths too, it could be the two of us competing for one place! haha

Original post by hayheyley
Yep. I don't really understand why they did some offers a while ago but seem to have stopped :s-smilie: I'm getting really desperate for a decision haha.

What course did you apply for?

Haha exactly! Good luck with your decision! I applied for Maths.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Original post by Andy Ftw
Yeah I think you're probably right :s-smilie:

I'm really curious how many are on the 'shortlist' and how many people will get through, though probably no chance of finding that out :tongue:

Yes it would be very interesting to know that. Not to get mine, or anyone else's hopes up, but I would have though a shortlist could only be 2, perhaps 3 applicants per place, for it to be worthwhile doing a shortlist!

Considering it was, I believe, around 19 applicants per place for Maths this year (I think) it is a good achievement getting to this stage.
Original post by writerwho~
Still waiting for English :rolleyes: It does help knowing others are sharing the pain!

High five :tongue: Good luck!
(edited 13 years ago)
Still waiting on French.

Any other language students in the same boat as me?
Reply 1304
Anyone know roundabouts when the bulk of offers went out last year?

Law in particular, but s'all good :colondollar:
Reply 1305
HURRY UP BRISTOL.

L101 - Economics with study in continental europe....

Anyone else? Or another course with study in continental europe...will it take longer?
just got an offer, took them long enough?? seeing 3 offers no rejection, maybe i should have applied to more difficult universities... dam... i should've had more confidence with my application
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Booshak
HURRY UP BRISTOL.

L101 - Economics with study in continental europe....

Anyone else? Or another course with study in continental europe...will it take longer?

I am also waiting!

Economics WSCE (France)
Reply 1308
The 4, almost 5 month silence is killing me...
Woooooooo got my offer today!

It was pharmacology btw
High five :tongue: Good luck!

You too! :smile: Sorry about the Oxford rejection - I was interviewed at St Hugh's as well as the college I applied to. Did they ask you the difference between a simile and a comparison?!
You too! :smile: Sorry about the Oxford rejection - I was interviewed at St Hugh's as well as the college I applied to. Did they ask you the difference between a simile and a comparison?!

Yeah sorry about yours too. Nooo that sounds like a nasty question! What did you answer? (I'm presuming they asked it to you) At least we had a lovely(ish) time staying at Oxford - I even got to go inside Queen's which is closed to tourists :colone:
Yeah sorry about yours too. Nooo that sounds like a nasty question! What did you answer? (I'm presuming they asked it to you) At least we had a lovely(ish) time staying at Oxford - I even got to go inside Queen's which is closed to tourists :colone:

Ooh, nice! I went to a concert there once - we've both managed to sneak in :cool: Yes that was one of the things they asked me; I can't remember my exact reply, but I definitely ended up saying something about a talking alligator. Not that surprising that I didn't get in really! It's all in the context...
Reply 1313
Original post by zanahoria
just got an offer, took them long enough?? seeing 3 offers no rejection, maybe i should have applied to more difficult universities... dam... i should've had more confidence with my application

Well it's hardly as if you're going to end up at a second rate university, all your unis are highly regarded and Bristol Economics is ludicrously competitive, just check the stats on their website, so well done. The only 'better' unis you could have applied to for eco are probably oxford/cambridge and LSE. UCL and Bristol are up there anyway, so don't fret :smile:
Ooh, nice! I went to a concert there once - we've both managed to sneak in :cool: Yes that was one of the things they asked me; I can't remember my exact reply, but I definitely ended up saying something about a talking alligator. Not that surprising that I didn't get in really! It's all in the context...

Nice choice :cool:

I've tried to repress the memories of all the ridiculous things I said; there were so many...
Nice choice :cool:

I've tried to repress the memories of all the ridiculous things I said; there were so many...

It's easy to think like that when you didn't get in though I guess. Where do you most want to go now? Bristol? :smile:
It's easy to think like that when you didn't get in though I guess. Where do you most want to go now? Bristol? :smile:

Hmm I think at the moment St Andrews is top but I'm still waiting to hear from them. I need to do some more investigation into the courses at St A and Bristol before I decide for good (IF I get an offer from either or both!) Is Bristol your top choice?
Hmm I think at the moment St Andrews is top but I'm still waiting to hear from them. I need to do some more investigation into the courses at St A and Bristol before I decide for good (IF I get an offer from either or both!) Is Bristol your top choice?

Bristol is definitely top for me. The course looks really good and there's a heavy emphasis on coursework rather than exams. I very nearly applied to St Andrews as it looks lovely there too :smile: It was just a bit too far away for my liking! Good luuuuuck!
Reply 1318
Was officially rejected from Bristol for history last Thursday. Then, out of the blue this morning I got an email from the admissions dept saying that a huge mistake had been made and that my application had been earmarked for an unconditional back in November but had been lost in transmission so upshot is...OFFER! Thrilled!...and rather shocked...now have to decide Bristol or UCL?...Bristol or UCL?...hmmm difficult
Original post by kolokov
Was officially rejected from Bristol for history last Thursday. Then, out of the blue this morning I got an email from the admissions dept saying that a huge mistake had been made and that my application had been earmarked for an unconditional back in November but had been lost in transmission so upshot is...OFFER! Thrilled!...and rather shocked...now have to decide Bristol or UCL?...Bristol or UCL?...hmmm difficult

You are living every reject's dream. Congratulations :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending