Offer: ABB

Course: M100
University: KCL
Offer: Unsuccessful :frown:

I was predicted A*, A*, A for A2
I got AAABC for AS
I got 5 A*s, 4 As and 1 B for GCSEs
and got 18/42 :frown: :frown: :frown: on my LNAT

So you are going to firm Nottingham or Warwick?
Reply 3241
Original post by Louigi
University: Warwick
Offer: AAAc

University: Nottingham
Offer: AAA

University: Sussex
Offer: A*BB/AAB

University: Hull

I got AAABC for AS

same for the LNAT. sorry about king's. i'm expecting my rejection soon. when did you receive the rejection?
Reply 3242
Original post by Louigi
Offer: AAAc

Offer: AAA

University: Sussex
Offer: A*BB/AAB

University: Hull

I got AAABC for AS

Congratulations on all your offers especially Warwick nd Nottingham! I have always thought that the entry standards of Nottingham and Warwick were higher than King's. However, King's apparently rejects people that have been offered places by Notts and Warwick.
Reply 3243
Original post by jimmy_law
So you are going to firm Nottingham or Warwick?

I have no idea! I need some help deciding this. Which one would you recommend?

Original post by loxemori
same for the LNAT. sorry about king's. i'm expecting my rejection soon. when did you receive the rejection?

Ah good luck :smile: Hope they give you an offer. Received it this morning, great start to the day :/

Original post by Thepro
Congratulations on all your offers especially Warwick nd Nottingham! I have always thought that the entry standards of Nottingham and Warwick were higher than King's. However, King's apparently rejects people that have been offered places by Notts and Warwick.

Thank you :smile: Ooo, i'll just use that as an excuse :smile:
Reply 3244
Thank you :smile: Ooo, i'll just use that as an excuse :smile:

What are your A-level and AS subjects if I may ask?
Reply 3245
Original post by Thepro

Do KCL really reject those who received offers from Nottingham or Warwick? My friend has conditional offers from Warwick and KCL. I hope they don't do reject Notts and Warwick offer holders. I'm looking forward for an offer from King's.
Original post by yilyn
Do KCL really reject those who received offers from Nottingham or Warwick? My friend has conditional offers from Warwick and KCL. I hope they don't do reject Notts and Warwick offer holders. I'm looking forward for an offer from King's.

What kind of logic is this?
Reply 3247
Original post by Thepro

What are your A-level and AS subjects if I may ask?

AS subjects: English lang & lit, History, Politics, Biology and Critical Thinking
A2 subjects: English lang & lit, History and Politics
Reply 3248
Original post by yilyn

I think that that person meant that getting an offer from Warwick or Notts doesn't NECESSARILY mean that you'll get a KCL offer ^^
Reply 3249
Original post by yilyn

I did not say that Notts rejects people with offers from warwick and nottingham. What i meant was that there are people who have offers from Warwick and/ or Nottingham but fail to get into King's although King's is considered to have lower entry standards than the other 2 unis ( per The Times).
Reply 3250
So guys, pros and cons of Warwick and Nottingham please. I need to decide :smile:
Reply 3251
Original post by adam0311
What kind of logic is this?

Nothing much near logic.
Reply 3252
Original post by Thepro
I did not say that Notts rejects people with offers from warwick and nottingham. What i meant was that there are people who have offers from Warwick and/ or Nottingham but fail to get into King's although King's is considered to have lower entry standards than the other 2 unis ( per The Times).

Sorry for the misinterpretation. I have heard from my Pre-U Head of Department that KCL indeed has lower entry standards that many other notable Law school. I'm hoping they are going to start giving off bulk offers because all I've seen from my peers who applied to KCL is rejections.
Reply 3253
Original post by Louigi
So guys, pros and cons of Warwick and Nottingham please. I need to decide :smile:

I am in a similar dilemma, but it is basicly as simple as this:

Warwick has more prestige as a Uni, but Nottingham apparently has a better Law Department. In terms of Law Prestige, they're both level pegging in league tables and neither will disadvantage you when you choose one over the other.

Warwick is on an isolated campus, with everything in easy reach. Your social life will be Leamington Spa, Coventry, and the occasional Birmingham trip.

Nottingham is a campus uni too, but more connected to Nottingham and you are going to have more of a 'city feel' there. I wouldn't pay too much attention to the 'Shottingham' and gun crime rates, as that'll be in certain areas etc.

It comes down to if you want to live on an isolated campus, or a campus in/next to the city.

There's also the plus that if you go to Notts, you'll be able to do a BPTC or LPC next door at Nottingham Trent, whereas at Warwick you'll go to somewhere else.

Nottingham = Catered campus accommodation, you now don't get to choose
Warwick = Self-Catered everywhere, you can choose.

Personally, i'm leaning towards Warwick :smile:
Reply 3254
Original post by Mr Los 212
Offer from Nottingham.. 5 offers now :smile:

UCAS sent: 19th Nov 2010

Course: Law
University: Birmingham
Conditional Offer: AAA
Offer received: 6 December

University: Manchester
Offer received: 6 December

University: Kent
Conditional Offer: AAB
Offer received: 10 December

Offer received: 5 February

Offer received: 15 February

oh congrats!:biggrin:
may i ask what grades and lnat score did you get?
Any English applicants heard from Edinburgh yet? I'm getting fed up of waiting!
Reply 3256
Original post by yilyn
Sorry for the misinterpretation. I have heard from my Pre-U Head of Department that KCL indeed has lower entry standards that many other notable Law school. I'm hoping they are going to start giving off bulk offers because all I've seen from my peers who applied to KCL is rejections.

Maybe it seems that KCL have lower entry standards because they pay more attention to the LNAT so they might accept students with slightly lower academic grades if they have a good LNAT score? Just a theory :smile:
Reply 3257
Struggling to choose my firm! manchester or birmingham?
Original post by swift2

Original post by swift2
Struggling to choose my firm! manchester or birmingham?

go for Birmingham simply because of the city, i hear reputation wise there very similar but you may like Birmingham more. alternatively flick a coin or use a dart bored :P
Reply 3259
Rejection from UCL. It was anticipated. I'm still sad though

Latest

Trending

Trending