The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by unknownking321
Why did you delete your post? :holmes: I saw your edit. :tongue:

Personally, I prefer to read a sans-serif font on screen and a serif one on paper.

Oh it was nothing. Just about the font. :tongue:

I really liked Georgia from this page, used in the main article: http://www.salon.com/books/laura_miller/2011/02/15/last_ringbearer/index.html
Original post by Ape Gone Insane

Did you make that banner yourself? :holmes:

I did, with my shocking paint skills. :p: So it could probably be improved greatly.
Original post by Phalanges
Thanks for the comments. :smile: Anything you think might make the header work better, or anything else you'd use as a header instead? There is a Lucida Sans option so I might give that a go. :yy:

If you want to stick with that header, I'd play around with the background, trying white to black with shades in between. Alternatively, you could play around with the header's colours/hue/saturation....after a minute or two....

Spoiler

If you have Photoshop you can play around with various settings to see what you prefer.
(edited 13 years ago)
You can download fonts and go nuts :tongue:
Shame your blog background is so light.

Original post by The Stig
You can download fonts and go nuts :tongue:

Film fonts are awesome!

Where did you get those fonts? :gah:

/can't be arsed looking
Nasher and Basher
x

wizardtop
x

Welcome to the chat thread. :smile:
Where did you get those fonts? :gah:

/can't be arsed looking

Clicky
Original post by cadaeibfeceh

I look forward to a future where everything is voice activated.

These are brilliant: http://www.madtuts.com/2010/02/85-famous-tv-movie-fonts/
(edited 13 years ago)

Film fonts are awesome!

:rofl: Awesome.
Watched I am number four today. Thanks to moneysavingexpert.com

But yeah, good film. Kind of like a blend of The Sorcerer's Apprentice and Jumper. Started off poorly but got better. Thought it would turn out like some sci-fi version of Twilight, which it didn't. No offence to Twilight fans. Kind of predictable but meh. However, a good base has been set for the next few movies. Next one has potential. Especially if it gets shown from another angle/ view point of one of the other five that are also alive.

Man, how do I use spoilers? Kind of new to this. Would like to mention some other stuff but can't.

Looking forward to Unknown though. Will probably watch V for Vendetta tomorrow. Have not seen that yet.
Original post by Sangha236

Man, how do I use spoilers? Kind of new to this. Would like to mention some other stuff but can't.

[ spoiler ] text here [ / spoiler ]

without the gaps
Original post by The Stig
[ spoiler ] text here [ / spoiler ]

without the gaps

[noparse]Like this, you mean? :p:[noparse][/noparse]
Reply 8954
Not sure if this has been posted :holmes:

Original post by Jace Falco

[noparse]

Spoiler

[noparse][/noparse]

Fixed!

Oops... lol

:hmmm:

I know what you did now :ninja:
I love some of these headers, thanks guys! I don't have Photoshop or much experience with bits like this, so am a bit rubbish at it. :p:
I was thinking of creating a series of threads called "This Week's Releases" with a rundown of the films coming out in cinemas this week in the UK, with a synopsis and trailer. Thought it might stimulate a bit of discussion on some of the films. Sound good?
oh man robin hood was terrible :frown:

Latest