The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by leticiabessel

Ahhhh another fellow Mathematician waiting for their decision by the 21st Feb... :s-smilie:

to be honest I doubt they'll reply today!

have you heard anything yet? =)
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 1321
Original post by theblackswan
I am also waiting!

Economics WSCE (France)

OMG!! You are the first person on here i´ve found applying for this course!! When did you send your application off? I sent mine October 13th...that´s five months now, they can´t be that indecisive haha!! Where else have you applied, and all for L101? I have offers from Notts and Exeter for L100.
Original post by purplestarfish
have you heard anything yet? =)

Nope! You?
Original post by boo7788
Well it's hardly as if you're going to end up at a second rate university, all your unis are highly regarded and Bristol Economics is ludicrously competitive, just check the stats on their website, so well done. The only 'better' unis you could have applied to for eco are probably oxford/cambridge and LSE. UCL and Bristol are up there anyway, so don't fret :smile:

thank you for the reply. Now I feel more secure(?). In your opinion, how is Bristol regarding nightlife, people, surroundings, and so on. And, What made you think that UCL and Bristol are "up there" im not disagreeing with you, I am curious to know how people view Bristol. :smile:

Thank you for your comment.
STILL waiting on History. For. Gods. SAKE.
Original post by Averagegirl:)
STILL waiting on History. For. Gods. SAKE.

Ditto, except replace History with English. :l
Reply 1326
Original post by Muffinz
Ditto, except replace History with English. :l

Ditto +1.

Waiting on Law.

With each passing day, the more stressed i get.
Reply 1327
Original post by writerwho~
You are living every reject's dream. Congratulations :biggrin:

I know. I am still having to pinch myself. It has been the most incredible day...although technically I don't like to think I was 'rejected' at all. It was apparently all to do with a faulty UCAS transmission so...if any history applicants out there have been rejected don't lose all hope! Although, I admit the chances of my case happening again are incredibly slim.

Who is firming Bristol for history?
Reply 1328
Original post by zanahoria
thank you for the reply. Now I feel more secure(?). In your opinion, how is Bristol regarding nightlife, people, surroundings, and so on. And, What made you think that UCL and Bristol are "up there" im not disagreeing with you, I am curious to know how people view Bristol. :smile:

Thank you for your comment.

Bristol is well known for its student life etc. and is very student friendly, so no worries there. When I went there for an open day, it seemed quite a pleasant place to be at and I'm fortunate enough to have Bristol down as my insurance choice. UCL and Bristol simply have reputations as very good universities and both are difficult to get into. You can look them up in the world league tables, bearing in mind their questionable reliability. The differences in standing between UCL, Bristol, LSE, and Oxbridge are slim. Don't worry! :smile:
Reply 1329
I lived in Bristol for a year or so a few years back and I can vouch for the fact that student life completely overwhelms the city. It's a fantastic atmosphere with genuinely really friendly people and yes, a great social scene...and range of ciders! I can't wait to go back!
i hate waiting!! im waiting on neuroscience.
Original post by Innately_Hedonistic
Bitter Gnome, im probably a much better candidate than you.

doubt it
Original post by Hunter_S_Thompson
doubt it

why do you doubt it?

I clearly am as I was chosen, whereas gnomey has not been. Im probably a better candidate than you too.
hahaah you've got to take some people on here with a pinch of salt.
Original post by Averagegirl:)
hahaah you've got to take some people on here with a pinch of salt.

You're right. It's just there's something vaguely amusing about being rude to faceless people on the internet, without consequences.
Reply 1335
Offer for pharmacology with year in industry :biggrin:

Nope! You?

no =\ i am in the process of emailing though
Got another email from Bristol (Maths) this morning saying they have been "given permission to make further offers" which is good news for us :smile:

Still, looks like it will be about another week of waiting.. :s-smilie:

Ooh, you can see everyone's email address who they sent the message too as well, so looks like there is about 80 people-ish on the shortlist :eek:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Andy Ftw
Got another email from Bristol (Maths) this morning saying they have been "given permission to make further offers" which is good news for us :smile:

Still, looks like it will be about another week of waiting.. :s-smilie:

Ooh, you can see everyone's email address who they sent the message too as well, so looks like there is about 80 people-ish on the shortlist :eek:

MAke a fake Bristol email address on Hotmail or something and tell them all they've been rejected so they withdraw and leave the field clear for you :colone:
Original post by Potiron
MAke a fake Bristol email address on Hotmail or something and tell them all they've been rejected so they withdraw and leave the field clear for you :colone:

Hahaha that is so evil, I like it :colone:

Most people would believe it too, but I could never do that to someone :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending