The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

What an annoying rivalry.
What good does saying that Spurs are in the title race when they clearly weren't do? I don't see how that takes the pressure off the players, if anything it puts more of a burden on them.

Anyway, I'm worried about tomorrow. Van Persie's been in awesome form and getting most of our goals, replacing him with Bendtner or Chamakh against a team that will just defend and look to score from set pieces and throw ins will be difficult. We still have a lot of attacking threat though, an early goal might be necassary, the longer the game goes on the more we'll struggle to score. I think United's next 3 league games are Wigan away, Chelsea away and Liverpool away so now really is the time we have to hope they drop points and we can capitalise, if we take our eye off the league we could be out of all competitions within the next 3 weeks. :dry:
At least read back before posting crap, I was responding to someone calling Harry a twit for changing his mind, due to results et al and now saying Spurs will be lucky to get fourth.... it's the latter point which is what will take pressure off players, ffs.
Original post by Kevmeister
At least read back before posting crap, I was responding to someone calling Harry a twit for changing his mind, due to results et al and now saying Spurs will be lucky to get fourth.... it's the latter point which is what will take pressure off players, ffs.

Yeah you said Harry's not a twit he's just taking the pressure of his players, but surely making ridiculous statements that Spurs are challenging for the title puts more pressure on his players, then he has to change his stance and backtrack, I'd say this makes him a twit. :colonhash: Anyway this is irrelevant, it's good that Chelsea are in a battle for 4th with Spurs because hopefully it will pressure Chelsea into playing better against United.
Original post by Ar5enal Fan
Yeah you said Harry's not a twit he's just taking the pressure of his players, but surely making ridiculous statements that Spurs are challenging for the title puts more pressure on his players, then he has to change his stance and backtrack, I'd say this makes him a twit. :colonhash: Anyway this is irrelevant, it's good that Chelsea are in a battle for 4th with Spurs because hopefully it will pressure Chelsea into playing better against United.

How dare he show ambition or challenge his players? Small clubs shouldn't show ambition, right? It was hardly a ridiculous statement when he said it, no more than Wenger saying Arsenal could win the Champions League, tbpfh. And it's not ****ing irrelevant when it's being discussed.
Personally , I don't really give that much of a **** on what Spurs do.
I dislike it when some Gooners get all anal about them. Nitpicking on every word they say.
Let the football speak and keep the WUMs clever ffs :rolleyes:
But I'll tell you this - I am biased for Arsenal :colonhash:
Reply 4446
JK.
OP
I see Rambo got a goal tonight as Cardiff beat Leicester, who were in great form, 2-0. I think the flags made for him last season are meant to be out tomorrow, can't wait for him to return after the positive things I've been hearing about his time back down at Cardiff.

As for the game, there are a couple of notable injuries, but with a very strong midfield we should be able to dominate the game through possession and so hopefully Kos' absence, or at least Squillers' appearance won't tell. RvP's ability to drop back and drift between the opposition lines of defence, toying with them, creating chances and of course, finishing sublimely, will be sorely missed, but we're not playing Barca so I have faith someone can step up and do the job.

I'm not certain how I'd play this, tbh, it'd be tempting to play Chamakh or Bendtner - the aerial advantage they provide could prove useful at both ends, but playing either may mean leaving Arsh out, which, given his current form, would be stupid. I think I'd probably go with Arsh through the middle (with Sami and Theo wide), he's found his finishing again and will also be more likely to create chances than the 2 taller alternatives. I suspect Wenger may start Chamakh centrally with Arsh and Sami wide, though.

Resting anyone who's fit to play shouldn't be considered, the league has to be our priority. But, we should be getting the result here with any reasonable front 3 and I'm confident we will do so. I reckon we should win 2 or 3 - 0. :yy:
Will Ramsey be able to play for Arsenal as he's played for two clubs? Or do loan moves not count?
Original post by Overmars
Who gives a ****?

The ignore function exists for a reason. I know you fancy yourself as an intellectual -- as do I. Feel free to laugh at them when they're talking garbage but otherwise, surely you're capable of ignoring stupid comments.

fair enough :yy:
Original post by Colonel.
Will Ramsey be able to play for Arsenal as he's played for two clubs? Or do loan moves not count?

I think it only counts for top-division clubs or something?

I remember we had a similar thing with Campbell.
Reply 4450
Tough call, I'd be tempted to say start with Bendtner up top ahead of Chamakh.

Then it's between Nasri / Walcott or Arsh / Nasri. I think this is more a game for Arsh / Nasri. Stoke won't be playing far enough up the pitch to use Walcott's pace imo, so the added creativity is more likely to get us a goal I reckon.
Their game plan will be similar our Villa away game.

Arsh/Nasri is probably the better call as Arsh has the ability to bang in a shot from outside the box, and it also keeps Theo fresh for the CC final on Sunday, against a more attacking Birmingham side.
Original post by Kevmeister
And you seem to think that a manager only speaks to his players through the press et al.

You were the one that said he was telling the media his targets to have a positive effect on the players, right? Why would he do that and then change his message in the dressing room?

Plus, it's still treating the fans like idiots.

Wilshere and Ramsey are our future. We really need to find a way of fitting him into our side, because he is the real deal.
Reply 4455
JK.
OP
Original post by T.Adams VI
Wilshere and Ramsey are our future. We really need to find a way of fitting him into our side, because he is the real deal.

He'll just take Cesc's place when he leaves.
I have a bad feeling about todays match. Flashbacks of Ramsey
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 4457
I did not know our game was tonight. :embarrassed: I strongly doubt any of the sports channels I et will show it though (what with the CL games on), so I'll probably be relying on the BBC text feed.

Predictions:

Szczesny
Sagna Djourou Squillaci Clichy
Song Wilshere
Fabregas
Walcott-------------------------Nasri
Chamakh

2-1, Walcott FGS.
Reply 4458
anyone seen this?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1359784/Ryan-Shawcross-set-feel-Arsenal-fans-hatred-Aaron-Ramsey-leg-break.html

"The club have been forced convince fans not to hand out 500 whistles, which would have been blown every time the Stoke defender touched the ball"

If they want to carry that out, why should our club prevent them.....

I for one wouldnt mind if they went ahead and brought the whistles, not really a fan of shawcross!
Reply 4459
Original post by vn2009
anyone seen this?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1359784/Ryan-Shawcross-set-feel-Arsenal-fans-hatred-Aaron-Ramsey-leg-break.html

"The club have been forced convince fans not to hand out 500 whistles, which would have been blown every time the Stoke defender touched the ball"

If they want to carry that out, why should our club prevent them.....

I for one wouldnt mind if they went ahead and brought the whistles, not really a fan of shawcross!

It wasn't intentional, and we ought to move past it. It was a horrible challenge, it should be stamped out of the game, but I don't feel targeting an individual player is the right way to go about it.

What I did find interesting about that article is at the end, Wenger says he hopes Arshavin will get a few goals in RVP's absence, rather than Chamakh or Bendtner. Could this mean that he is indeed planning to play Andrei as a striker?

Latest