Coventry

Official Warwick Applicants Thread 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1840
Original post by bramz19
Well done mate, I'm stoked for you :smile:

Thanks a lot mate! :biggrin:

Just nice to have a frigging offer!

Praying for LSE now! That would be an absolute dream.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Warwick just rejected me for V100 History. Bastards
Original post by MC armani
Alternatively, it might come across as a keenness to go to Warwick. Like I really want their offer? One of my friends rang York because he hadn't heard and they told him that he'd got an offer.

I sent my application in at the same time as them (october) and the first of their Warwick offers came in in November...

I'm just thinking, maybe if I ring them it might actually tip the balance in my favour since I'm demonstrating that their offer is actually important to me.

No harm in asking, but it won't tip the scales in your favour; the people answering the calls won't have any impact on the decision the tutors make.

Original post by Stenner
Thanks a lot mate! :biggrin:

Just nice to have a frigging offer!

Praying for LSE now! That would be an absolute dream.

I'll have everything crossed for you, that would be awesome.
Original post by bramz19
No harm in asking, but it won't tip the scales in your favour; the people answering the calls won't have any impact on the decision the tutors make.

I literally got the offer just after posting that.
Original post by MC armani
I literally got the offer just after posting that.

Hah, congrats!
Hey guys...
I got an offer from Warwick the other day for Law and Business - AAB
I also got an offer from Birmingham for Law with Business - AAA

finding it hard to decide which one to firm?
any advice?
I thought Warwick was amazing, so now post interview I'm terrified, I'll be really disappointed if I get rejected :frown:
Original post by busybody1
Hey guys...
I got an offer from Warwick the other day for Law and Business - AAB
I also got an offer from Birmingham for Law with Business - AAA

finding it hard to decide which one to firm?
any advice?

Warwick is much more renowned for social sciences as far as I know. It's also one of the top russell group unis, whereas Birmingham is one of the lower russell group unis. That said, there are many other factors that only you can decide on.
Reply 1848
If the interview for English Lit is on Friday and Warwick still haven't got back to you, is it safe to say your facing a rejection?
Reply 1849
Original post by pianofluteftw
Yes. Warwick offer as of 31st October 2010. Durham as of yesterday! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
For Physics.
Firming Durham, Declining Warwick
No problem,

pianofluteftw :wink:

Is there any particular reason for this? I'm having trouble deciding between the two.
Original post by tory88
Has anyone else got offers from both Durham and Warwick. If so which are you putting as your firm (if either). Conferring your subject would also be useful.

Thanks,

Tory88

Yeah.
Insuring Durham, declining Warwick. For maths.
No brainer really, I prefer Durham as a place and it's an easier offer.
Original post by tory88
Is there any particular reason for this? I'm having trouble deciding between the two.

I just prefer Durham :smile: Warwick is immense, it's just not the right place for me, and as it's the same grades it can't be the insurance choice.
Both are amazing departments, Durham just is the right one for me. Each are equal in terms of how good they are, it's just a feeling.

Good luck to you! And everyone else! :smile:
Reply 1852
Original post by Woolf's muse
If the interview for English Lit is on Friday and Warwick still haven't got back to you, is it safe to say your facing a rejection?

I haven't heard of anyone being accepted without being interviewed first, so yeah I think so. I'm not overly bothered, it would've been a nice choice to have but I'm not sure I'd want to live there for three years...
Reply 1853
Bloody hell warwick, give me an offer!!
Reply 1854
I'm waiting too and it's driving me crazyyyy :s-smilie:
I'm sure if I get an offer, I'll firm it. so c'mon
Reply 1855
Anyone go on the law visit day today?

Definitely firming Warwick now!
Reply 1856
Original post by stubborn
I'm waiting too and it's driving me crazyyyy :s-smilie:
I'm sure if I get an offer, I'll firm it. so c'mon

lol, am telling you. I am only stressed becuase it is PPE. I know how competitive their PPE is. I dont know why they dont just reject me, if they are going to, and stop wasting my bloody time!!
Original post by Krydel
Anyone go on the law visit day today?

Definitely firming Warwick now!

I did :biggrin:

I haven't decided about Warwick as of yet...
Warwick are driving me insane! I just want to know whats going on at the end of this year!!!!!!!!!!!
Original post by Focus08
lol, don't be stupid

I'm sorry...?

Quick Reply

Latest