The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3280
[QUOTE="swift2;30005549"]
Original post by lfcwatcher
go for Birmingham simply because of the city, i hear reputation wise there very similar but you may like Birmingham more. alternatively flick a coin or use a dart bored :P[/QUO

haha hmmm i love both cities:/ i was going to go on reputation/employability but i don't think theres much difference! looks like coin it is.. :wink:

make a pro/con list! ^-^
Reply 3281
BTW Has anyone heard back from Warwick or Edinburgh yet? I know they tend to reply quite late but this waiting is soon driving me crazy!!! Any idea when they might reply? I'm an EU student and would like to save money by visiting as many applicant open days as possible during one journey.
Reply 3282
Original post by zophy
BTW Has anyone heard back from Warwick or Edinburgh yet? I know they tend to reply quite late but this waiting is soon driving me crazy!!! Any idea when they might reply? I'm an EU student and would like to save money by visiting as many applicant open days as possible during one journey.

just called them and they said it would be within the next two weeks.
Hey guys...
I got an offer from Warwick the other day for Law and Business - AAB
I also got an offer from Birmingham for Law with Business - AAA

finding it hard to decide which one to firm?
any advice?
Reply 3284
Original post by busybody1
Hey guys...
I got an offer from Warwick the other day for Law and Business - AAB
I also got an offer from Birmingham for Law with Business - AAA

finding it hard to decide which one to firm?
any advice?

I would say reputation wise Warwick hands down.

However one point of consideration would be your lifestyle. Issolated campus or city?

Although in my opinion Warwick beats birmingham i am not saying birmingham is a bad uni. In fact it is very reputable. However I believe Warwick in cntrast wins hands dwn.
King's have had problems with applications this year. They had all be processed and acknowledged, yet they were having trouble relaying the information back to applicants, whether it be: acknowledge, rejected or an offer.

As for a "cut-off point" in terms of the LNAT at King's, I can quite comfortably say that it is all bull and there isn't an official one. They're not going to turn someone with 10A* at GCSE and AAA at A2 down. In fact, whether it be on this thread on the Official King's Applicants Thread, I saw someone with a Law offer from King's with an LNAT of 10. They take all aspects of one's application into consideration, that's why there's a PS, GCSE, AS, A2 and LNAT. Just prove you're a rounded individual who will thrive at the particular university - they're not going to necessarily accept you because you're an outstanding academic student, you need more than that, a bit of substance.

Anyway, enough of my ramblings. King's will come through for a lot of people soon.

Best of luck! x
Original post by loxemori

Was that Warwick or Edinburgh or both?
Reply 3287
Original post by Jackasaurus Rex

King's have had problems with applications this year. They had all be processed and acknowledged, yet they were having trouble relaying the information back to applicants, whether it be: acknowledge, rejected or an offer.

As for a "cut-off point" in terms of the LNAT at King's, I can quite comfortably say that it is all bull and there isn't an official one. They're not going to turn someone with 10A* at GCSE and AAA at A2 down. In fact, whether it be on this thread on the Official King's Applicants Thread, I saw someone with a Law offer from King's with an LNAT of 10. They take all aspects of one's application into consideration, that's why there's a PS, GCSE, AS, A2 and LNAT. Just prove you're a rounded individual who will thrive at the particular university - they're not going to necessarily accept you because you're an outstanding academic student, you need more than that, a bit of substance.

Anyway, enough of my ramblings. King's will come through for a lot of people soon.

Best of luck! x

Agreed. However, quite a few of their applicants have amazing grades and good personal statements, so sometimes the LNAT can be a deciding factor.
Reply 3288

Best of luck! x

Fully agree! This is the case not only for King's College but for other universities such as Nottingham etc. LNAT is not everything.
Original post by Safety K
I would say reputation wise Warwick hands down.

However one point of consideration would be your lifestyle. Issolated campus or city?

Although in my opinion Warwick beats birmingham i am not saying birmingham is a bad uni. In fact it is very reputable. However I believe Warwick in cntrast wins hands dwn.

thanks for the feedback, i really appreciate it :biggrin: theres not much between them thats my dillemma, im leaning more towards birmingham at the moment for its overall uni experience...i heard warwick is some sort of bubble... but then again warwick is well known for its top class business school!

tough tough tough
Reply 3290
Original post by Potiron
Was that Warwick or Edinburgh or both?

sorry, just edinburgh.
sorry, just edinburgh.

Bummer :sad:
Reply 3292

Best of luck! x

I don't know about that. I'm pretty sure they might turn people with all A*s down because of their LNAT score. The point of the LNAT is to allow them to cut down their applicants. I think the person with the 10 on the LNAT might have just been a troll =P

That said, I really hope that you're right because I'm expecting a rejection soon and I'm really going to be very sad ):
Reply 3293
Original post by Potiron
Bummer :sad:

try calling them? ^^
I don't know about that. I'm pretty sure they might turn people with all A*s down because of their LNAT score. The point of the LNAT is to allow them to cut down their applicants. I think the person with the 10 on the LNAT might have just been a troll =P

That said, I really hope that you're right because I'm expecting a rejection soon and I'm really going to be very sad ):

Agreed, especially since (I've heard) King's are one of these unis who do hold the LNAT in quite high esteem but as long as you've got average or above they won't hold it against you so you don't have to do amazingly.
Reply 3295
Original post by jimmyatemyworld
Agreed, especially since (I've heard) King's are one of these unis who do hold the LNAT in quite high esteem but as long as you've got average or above they won't hold it against you so you don't have to do amazingly.

I got rejected with:

GCSEs - 8A* 2B
AS Level AAAA with UMS average of 97/100
Predictions A*A*A
LNAT 18

They clearly didn't want me!
I got rejected with:

GCSEs - 8A* 2B
Predictions A*A*A
LNAT 18

Wow, that's crazy. Maybe it was your personal statement? Anyway, with grades like that, I'm guessing you've got offers from equally good unis :smile:
Reply 3297
I got rejected with:

GCSEs - 8A* 2B
Predictions A*A*A
LNAT 18

aww crap, i got 18 on the LNAT too ):
where else did you apply?
Reply 3298

A friend of mine has received a conditional offer of AAA at Nottingham university with an LNAT score of less than the average of 17. GCSEs 5A*s / 5As and 5 AS with As.
Reply 3299

Thanks for checking! Let's hope Warwick doesn't take much longer...

Latest

Trending

Trending