The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial Offers 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 620
Original post by Davism
got an offer for Biomedical engineering!

Just wonder which one would u choose between Imperial (Biomedical Engineering) Vs. UCL (Mechanical Engineering)
(

Well are you a biomed type person, or are you more into mechanics? That is the question.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 621
Hey all lucky Imperial offerers !

I am From Cyprus and i am going to apply to Imperial. Will they askm for an interview?

Also, i right now have A*A*AB in maths,further maths,statistics, physics respectevily. WIll i get an uncoditional or will i get rejected :s-smilie: ?
Btw i will apply for Computer Science with Artificial Intelligence...
Original post by Neofytos

I am From Cyprus and i am going to apply to Imperial. Will they askm for an interview?

Also, i right now have A*A*AB in maths,further maths,statistics, physics respectevily. WIll i get an uncoditional or will i get rejected :s-smilie: ?

Sorry but hasn't the deadline gone in January? :s-smilie: Or are you applying for entry in 2012?

Hey bro. This should be in the Imperial Applicants thread

Secondly, no one knows how whether you will be rejected or accepted. If they feel you have achieved the grade, they'll give you an unconditional. But, they deal with every application on a case to case basis
Got an offer for physics! Woop woop. :biggrin:
Reply 625
Original post by TheSmokeMonster
Got an offer for physics! Woop woop. :biggrin:

Yay :smile::smile:
Reply 626
Original post by nikita_atikin
Sorry but hasn't the deadline gone in January? :s-smilie: Or are you applying for entry in 2012?

ye i am going to apply in 2012..
Reply 627
Original post by CookieGhoul
Hey bro. This should be in the Imperial Applicants thread

Secondly, no one knows how whether you will be rejected or accepted. If they feel you have achieved the grade, they'll give you an unconditional. But, they deal with every application on a case to case basis

Ok thx and sorry
Reply 628
Ok thx and sorry

Run away before he makes you walk the plank.
Oh man, Track just updated. They want 555 on AP Chem, Bio, and "test of choice".

...Makes me seriously question myself as to why I decided to self-teach Advanced Placement Chemistry...
Reply 630
Original post by Clementiney921
Oh man, Track just updated. They want 555 on AP Chem, Bio, and "test of choice".

...Makes me seriously question myself as to why I decided to self-teach Advanced Placement Chemistry...

Sorry, what's the 555 for? Something similar to IB?
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by roblee
Sorry, what's the 555 for? Something similar to IB?

Sorry, shoulda cleared that up. :colondollar:

I'm American...it's for AP (Advanced Placement) exams, which are graded out of 5. They're supposed to be equivalent to a 1st year course at an American uni, and therefore I guess equivalent to UK A-levels?
Reply 632
Original post by Clementiney921
Sorry, shoulda cleared that up. :colondollar:

I'm American...it's for AP (Advanced Placement) exams, which are graded out of 5. They're supposed to be equivalent to a 1st year course at an American uni, and therefore I guess equivalent to UK A-levels?

Ah awesome, no doubt you'll have no trouble with the exams then come to Imperial next year and amuse us all with your funny American accent :biggrin:

sorry if that sounds racist, it's not supposed to be but some people get tetchy
Original post by roblee
Ah awesome, no doubt you'll have no trouble with the exams then come to Imperial next year and amuse us all with your funny American accent :biggrin:

sorry if that sounds racist, it's not supposed to be but some people get tetchy

Haha oh jeez I'm going to have to work awful hard then...anything to amuse you Brits. :tongue:

And no worries, not "tetchy" at all. :biggrin: (that's an excellent word btw)
Accepted for electrical engineering (conditional)!

I did not expect this!
Reply 635
Just got a rejection for mechanical engineering..........:frown:
I was informed by an email sent from the department of biomedical engineering :confused: saying: "We have recently been informed by the Registry at Imperial College London that your original application to the Department of your choice at Imperial has not been successful. Based on your background and interest, we have decided to contact you to offer you the possibility of being considered for our degree in Biomedical Engineering."
Reply 636
Original post by oleahi
Just got a rejection for mechanical engineering..........:frown:
I was informed by an email sent from the department of biomedical engineering :confused: saying: "We have recently been informed by the Registry at Imperial College London that your original application to the Department of your choice at Imperial has not been successful. Based on your background and interest, we have decided to contact you to offer you the possibility of being considered for our degree in Biomedical Engineering."

Well it's nice that they might offer you something else then! Would you consider doing Biomedical Engineering?
Reply 637
Original post by Zottula
Well it's nice that they might offer you something else then! Would you consider doing Biomedical Engineering?

Yeah I do..! I did accept it but I am a bit worried as my personal statement does not include anything about my enthusiasm in the human technology, biology, etc...
Reply 638
Original post by oleahi
Yeah I do..! I did accept it but I am a bit worried as my personal statement does not include anything about my enthusiasm in the human technology, biology, etc...

Yeah well chill because they know that's not what you initially applied for so I'm sure they'll take that into account. Just keep your fingers crossed and see how it works out.
Reply 639
I have an offer to study physics at imperial next year :biggrin: Just wondering who will be in my class and what accomodation will you be going for?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending