The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Current UCL students' chat thread!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1320
Original post by rockrunride
My HMs live on Euston Road paying about £140 each. So tempted to move in when I'm back :sexface:

Euston Road would be pretty damn sweet :coma: Although it would definitely need double glazing.

I think Bloomsbury in general is rather :coma:-worty. Oh if only I had the money :moon:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Hey, how are UCL law students finding their degree?
Reply 1322
In fourth year, all I care about it being close to uni. And being warm. I've discovered how completely and utterly lazy I am. And I miss getting up at 8:50 for a 9am lecture. And this house is so cold I woke up in the holidays with blue lips. The only good thing about being in Kentish Town is that I never run into people I know in Sainsbury's when I'm hungover/cba making an effort to look decent.
Reply 1323
Original post by Lizia
In fourth year, all I care about it being close to uni. And being warm. I've discovered how completely and utterly lazy I am. And I miss getting up at 8:50 for a 9am lecture. And this house is so cold I woke up in the holidays with blue lips. The only good thing about being in Kentish Town is that I never run into people I know in Sainsbury's when I'm hungover/cba making an effort to look decent.

In fairness I wouldn't be able to go to Waitrose like that, I went once in trackies and it felt like everyone was judging me :gah:

Out of curiosity I TFLed the time to get to UCL from my old place in Kentish and my new place here, Kentish was 26 minutes on the bus (I still hate the 134 til this day :grumble:) and from here it's 42 minutes via the Circle Line.

I hate the circle line :emo:
Reply 1324
Original post by paddy
In fairness I wouldn't be able to go to Waitrose like that, I went once in trackies and it felt like everyone was judging me :gah:

Out of curiosity I TFLed the time to get to UCL from my old place in Kentish and my new place here, Kentish was 26 minutes on the bus (I still hate the 134 til this day :grumble:) and from here it's 42 minutes via the Circle Line.

I hate the circle line :emo:

I think Waitrose shoppers have higher standards than Sainsburys :biggrin:

Kentish would be ideally located if I didn't have 9ams. Although to be fair, that would apply anywhere I had to get a rush hour bus or tube. It's actually a pretty sweet place we have; less than five minutes to the tube/bus and sainsburys, on the Northern Line for uni, much bigger rooms than my friends closer to uni.

The 134 is the devil though, I've outwalked that bus so many times, even outside of rush hour. It did magically once get me and my flatmate into uni in ten minutes though, which was bizarre :eek:
Reply 1325
Original post by Lizia
I think Waitrose shoppers have higher standards than Sainsburys :biggrin:

Kentish would be ideally located if I didn't have 9ams. Although to be fair, that would apply anywhere I had to get a rush hour bus or tube. It's actually a pretty sweet place we have; less than five minutes to the tube/bus and sainsburys, on the Northern Line for uni, much bigger rooms than my friends closer to uni.

The 134 is the devil though, I've outwalked that bus so many times, even outside of rush hour. It did magically once get me and my flatmate into uni in ten minutes though, which was bizarre :eek:

The 134 always had a knack for driving past me on my way to the bus stop. Followed immediately by another 134. Leaving me to wait for 20 minutes :angry:

Yeah my room is pretty small, but I have plenty of storage, and this is the first place I've been renting that has a lounge (which honestly makes such a difference).

I'd say I didn't miss the Northern Line, but I've since been relegated to the only line that's worse :dry:

Kentish Town was lovely to live in during the summer though :love:
I lived out there in first year. I enjoyed the quietness, not so much the distance from college. Second year on Albany Street was better on the whole though my landlord was a criminal.
I lived out there in first year. I enjoyed the quietness, not so much the distance from college. Second year on Albany Street was better on the whole though my landlord was a criminal.

really??? glad we didn't take that then D:
Reply 1328
Original post by paddy
The 134 always had a knack for driving past me on my way to the bus stop. Followed immediately by another 134. Leaving me to wait for 20 minutes :angry:

Yeah my room is pretty small, but I have plenty of storage, and this is the first place I've been renting that has a lounge (which honestly makes such a difference).

I'd say I didn't miss the Northern Line, but I've since been relegated to the only line that's worse :dry:

Kentish Town was lovely to live in during the summer though :love:

The 214 likes to do that as well. Especially at 3am when it's pissing it down with rain and you need to get a train to the airport. Not that I'm bitter about one occasion though...

I want a lounge so bad in fourth year. Not having one makes us so antisocial. Our kitchen is massive, but its not like we want to sit there all day on kitchen chairs when our beds are so much comfier (and warmer)! There's only three of us living together in final year though, I hope we can afford a place with a lounge.
(edited 13 years ago)
As if being a landlord isn't criminal enough, he proceeded to find my keys in the flat, claim ignorance and claim a locksmith fee on the deposit. Bye bye £200.

In fact, of the £720 I gave him, I got about £450 back. The man's a joke.

Man you've made me want to fly home and egg his house tbh.
[I'm not a UCL student but my friend is]. I really want to live in Camden when I'm older. Not in a studenty place though. My friend at UCL said she is thinking about Mornington Crescent for next year.
Original post by jelly1000
[I'm not a UCL student but my friend is]. I really want to live in Camden when I'm older. Not in a studenty place though. My friend at UCL said she is thinking about Mornington Crescent for next year.

Wouldn't we all like to live actually on Mornington Crescent :moon:
Wouldn't we all like to live actually on Mornington Crescent :moon:

Lol. I don't think she actually meant the actual Crescent, but the general area. :tongue: We agreed it seemed silly for her and her uni friends to move too far and then spend x ammount on getting to uni, when they are medics and have to be in all the time.
Reply 1333
Original post by jelly1000

Just to let you know, there are no nice flats for a student's budget in Camden. They are all ****holes.
Original post by paddy
Just to let you know, there are no nice flats for a student's budget in Camden. They are all ****holes.

Thats why I put not in a studenty place- i.e,. I hope to live there when I've finished uni and I'm hopefully earning. I'm aware its expensive though.
Good luck.
Reply 1336
To be fair, if we're talking "proper Camden" then there's not really anywhere nice to live on any budgets, except MEGArich. They're perfectly acceptable for student living, but if I was buying a house after uni, I'd much rather live further out and have a house that's nice inside and out. Camden isn't anything particularly special :dontknow:
Hope the revision is goin great guys. Just outa interest, is it just our department (E&EE) that dont post solutions to pastpapers or is it a UCL policy?
Reply 1338
I've never seen solutions for exam papers in my departments, but they do have examiners reports which talk vaguely about what people did well/badly. Maybe it's different for Arts subjects though, since 'one true answer' doesn't exist.

And REVISION? I won't start that for another month at least!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1339
Original post by wizz_kid
Hope the revision is goin great guys. Just outa interest, is it just our department (E&EE) that dont post solutions to pastpapers or is it a UCL policy?

My department doesn't post solutions either, but for lots of modules go through past exam papers in revision lectures.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending