The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3300
Original post by bramz19
Wow, that's crazy. Maybe it was your personal statement? Anyway, with grades like that, I'm guessing you've got offers from equally good unis :smile:

Original post by loxemori
aww crap, i got 18 on the LNAT too ):
where else did you apply?

Thanks I don't think it was my p/s.

My others are

Cambridge - Rejection post interview
KCL rejection
Warwick AAAc
Nottingham Pending
Leeds AAA

I was very lucky that all my uni's were russel group.

I am hoping to gain the choice o either Notts or Warwick which to be honnest are better uni's then KCL anyway. If not I am hap to go t Warwick oe of the best in the UK!
Original post by Safety K
Thanks I don't think it was my p/s.

My others are

Cambridge - Rejection post interview
KCL rejection
Warwick AAAc
Nottingham Pending
Leeds AAA

I was very lucky that all my uni's were russel group.

I am hoping to gain the choice o either Notts or Warwick which to be honnest are better uni's then KCL anyway. If not I am hap to go t Warwick oe of the best in the UK!

I would rank Nottingham's Law School above Warwick's but at the same time, I would probably rank Warwick over Nottingham overall.

Congratulations on your offers either way.
Anyone have any idea when we'll hear back from Warwick/UCL?
Reply 3303
Any opinions on whether to firm Exeter (AAA) Or Bristol (AAB)? :confused: I cant decide :rolleyes:
Reply 3304
Original post by Safety K
I got rejected with:

GCSEs - 8A* 2B
AS Level AAAA with UMS average of 97/100
Predictions A*A*A
LNAT 18

They clearly didn't want me!

When I called them, they actually told me that their cut off this year was 18. So with all your amazing grades I don't know how you didn't get an offer but who ever knows with these unis? Anyways, Im sure youve got other amazing unis cos you definitely deserve to.
Reply 3305
Original post by lfcwatcher
keep your chin up mate, your grades are brilliant and i am sure your lnat score won't effect your application to other universities, UCL are very strict on the LNAT, have you applied elswhere?

Thanks for comforting. I aimed at UCL as my first choice but turned out that UCL was the last uni I heard from and it was a rejection.

Are you still waiting? Good luck! Is your LNAT good? WHere are you applying?
Yeah I also applied to Kent (an offer AAB), Queen Mary (AAA), LSE (A*AA)-which Im very happy about since UCL turned me down, and King's (rejection!). So glad that I didnt apply to more LNAT unis
Reply 3306
Me too! Let's wallow in our misery together )): where else have you applied?

How was your LNAT may I ask? I kind of expected a rejection from UCL as soon as I received my LNAT. Still had a bit of hope for a miracle though, but knew that I had very little chance since KCL had already rejected me.
But I have to get over this :smile:). Life is still isnt too bad anyhow I managed to get an offer from LSE which I will firm.
What about you :smile:?
Reply 3307
Original post by qcdang
How was your LNAT may I ask? I kind of expected a rejection from UCL as soon as I received my LNAT. Still had a bit of hope for a miracle though, but knew that I had very little chance since KCL had already rejected me.
But I have to get over this :smile:). Life is still isnt too bad anyhow I managed to get an offer from LSE which I will firm.
What about you :smile:?

18 ): what about you? aah i had the exact same feeling after i got my LNAT score. i knew they'd reject me but i was hoping for some kind of miracle too ))): KCL haven't rejected me yet, but i think the rejection is on it's way ):

oh wow an LSE offer! congratulations! (: i'm so jealous, i wish i had applied to more non-LNAT unis. what a fool i am x]
Does anyone know when Queen Mary, Bristol and UCL usually finsh there replies. At the moment i scan my inbox about five times a day.
Reply 3309
These are the offers I got so far:
Warwick: 38 points IB
SOAS: 38 points IB with 766 HL
LSE: 38 points IB with 766 HL

Still waiting on QMUL........
Reply 3310
Original post by 2011law
These are the offers I got so far:
Warwick: 38 points IB
SOAS: 38 points IB with 766 HL
LSE: 38 points IB with 766 HL

Still waiting on QMUL........

just wondering, what did you get predicted in the IB?

and also, what was your fifth uni choice?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3311
Original post by qu1ksilver
Does anyone know when Queen Mary, Bristol and UCL usually finsh there replies. At the moment i scan my inbox about five times a day.

i got my offer from bristol and rejection from UCL in the evening, between 5-6 UK time, so i guess right before they leave work.
Reply 3312
just wondering, what did you get predicted in the IB?

and also, what was your fifth uni choice?

I applied to Cambridge but I didnt go to the interview :/
My predicted in IB is 38 pts (exclude bonus pt)
Reply 3313
nottingham or ucl for M100? can't decide...
Original post by budding lawyer
Anyone have any idea when we'll hear back from Warwick/UCL?

According to someone on here, UCL have unofficially said they hope to be finished by the end of march...on the website in their FAQs though, they make it clear they have until May to send replies to UCAS for on time applications, so I guess it's just a waiting game now! Even if they give me a place, I won't be going, and I'm still nervous about it....
Reply 3315
Original post by 2011law
I applied to Cambridge but I didnt go to the interview :/
My predicted in IB is 38 pts (exclude bonus pt)

You didn't get an interview or you didn't go? O:

I am so regretting not applying right now ):
Original post by rl1234
nottingham or ucl for M100? can't decide...

UCL much better reputation, careers opportunities & teaching. Also, you get to be in London which is a great and buzzy city, as opposed to Nottingham which is a bit crime-ridden etc...on the other hand more expensive to live there (get a higher student loan though) and it's probably a less student friendly city. UCL accomodation isn't great in terms of either quality, location or price and the faculty is very big and I guess it could feel a little impersonal. Really, there's good points and bad points on both sides but I'd definitely go for UCL as I much preferred the feel of it, as well as the reasons I already said. Try and visit both if you're trying to decide between them! They're both very different places, so I'd imagine you'll really get a feeling of preferring the atmosphere of one to the other. Hope this helps!

Edit: personal views only!!
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by anoushka1
Did anyone else feel the LNAT could have been a good aptitude test if we were actually given enough time to properly understand the text and discriminate between the answers

It seems that a lot of very clever people- grades wise have not got good LNAT scores and its a little unfair how all your hard work is destroyed by a stupid test that some excellent universities such as LSE, Warwick, Cambridge for example dont even use as they have said its not an appropriate indicator and other unis that use it such as Bristol and Birgimham are now sort of ignoring (giving people offers with quite low LNAT scores)

Whats the point of setting an aptitude test that most of these unis do not think is an accurate reflection of your ability
Maybe it should be more like the American aptitude test it seems like a better idea..................this was not so much of an actual aptitude test but rather how fast coud you read and click answers!

Yeah sorry just my little rant there............

I definitely agree with most of what you've said, but I bet that you wouldn't feel like that if UCL had given you an offer.
My personal, informed opinion is that the LNAT can suck out.
Original post by Doughnuts!!
I definitely agree with most of what you've said, but I bet that you wouldn't feel like that if UCL had given you an offer.

Yeah you probably have a point, especially as people who got the same score as me got into UCL but oh well

However, I still think the LNAT is really flucky i mean people who got great scores even admitted it, after practising some of the American SAT papers and doing the Cambridge Law Test I thought they were better structured
Even if I did end up doing well in my LNAT I think I still would have regarded it as a flawed exam.

Latest

Trending

Trending