The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Im so gonna get rejected from Kings, just hoping they would make their decision already! I would love to have them as my back up!
Original post by Cast.Iron
My personal, informed opinion is that the LNAT can suck out.

:five:

It's a stupid test.
does anyone know if Bristol have given out any rejections yet.
King's Offer. Done. Bit sad it's all over really.
Original post by anoushka1
Yeah you probably have a point, especially as people who got the same score as me got into UCL but oh well

However, I still think the LNAT is really flucky i mean people who got great scores even admitted it, after practising some of the American SAT papers and doing the Cambridge Law Test I thought they were better structured
Even if I did end up doing well in my LNAT I think I still would have regarded it as a flawed exam.

I still don't get why you were rejected since your LNAT wasn't insanely low and you have an otherwise perfect academic profile. :confused:

Yeah, I think that if the essay section was seen to be more important and they incorporated aspects from the LSAT/Critical Thinking exams then the LNAT would be an infinitely better aptitude test.
Original post by bramz19
King's Offer. Done. Bit sad it's all over really.

Nice. :hat:

I get how you feel, man. The excitement of checking Track is no longer there.

EDIT: Your offer came through at this time?!? :confused:
Original post by Doughnuts!!
Nice. :hat:

I get how you feel, man. The excitement of checking Track is no longer there.

EDIT: Your offer came through at this time?!? :confused:

Track update came at 9, only checked my e-mail now hah. Tbh, I'm still mulling over giving Oxford another go next year, only because it keeps nagging away at me, so I might not be done yet. But meh, I've got time, might decide it's not worth it.

On another note, I was looking forward to firming LSE and making UCL my insurance, but I find myself apprehensive now that I can. :confused:
Original post by bramz19
Track update came at 9, only checked my e-mail now hah. Tbh, I'm still mulling over giving Oxford another go next year, only because it keeps nagging away at me, so I might not be done yet. But meh, I've got time, might decide it's not worth it.

On another note, I was looking forward to firming LSE and making UCL my insurance, but I find myself apprehensive now that I can. :confused:

Personally, I think that it's not worth it. But of course, it's up to you. Out of curiosity, why might you reapply to Oxford?

Haha, it feels so...final when doing it on Track.
Reply 3328
Gaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh I'm so frustrated waiting on King's to reply! I'm so hoping for an offer, but at the same time I'm terrified of getting optimistic and being dashed if they reject me :tongue:

Trying not to think about it isn't working, especially since it seems they've sent out a lot of offers in the past few days :frown:

The wait is KILLING me!
Reply 3329
Original post by loxemori
You didn't get an interview or you didn't go? O:

I am so regretting not applying right now ):

i didn't want to pay the air ticket eventually .... :P
it's ridiculously expensive!
and most importantly, i dont think i will get in anyways
Reply 3330
Original post by Keebamon

Original post by Keebamon
Gaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh I'm so frustrated waiting on King's to reply! I'm so hoping for an offer, but at the same time I'm terrified of getting optimistic and being dashed if they reject me :tongue:

Trying not to think about it isn't working, especially since it seems they've sent out a lot of offers in the past few days :frown:

The wait is KILLING me!

You're not alone there! I'm waiting for an offer(hopefully)/reject from kings. Actually, I'm still waiting for replies from ucl and lse too. But my lnat wasn't too great though.

Have you received any offers from the other unis you applied to?
Reply 3331
Original post by budding lawyer

Original post by budding lawyer
Anyone have any idea when we'll hear back from Warwick/UCL?

Hi! I think you should be hearing smth back from Warwick soon! I just gotten an AAB offer from Warwick today actually. Expecting a rejection from UCL though ><
Reply 3332
Yeah you probably have a point, especially as people who got the same score as me got into UCL but oh well

However, I still think the LNAT is really flucky i mean people who got great scores even admitted it, after practising some of the American SAT papers and doing the Cambridge Law Test I thought they were better structured
Even if I did end up doing well in my LNAT I think I still would have regarded it as a flawed exam.

what was your score?
Reply 3333
Original post by 2011law
i didn't want to pay the air ticket eventually .... :P
it's ridiculously expensive!
and most importantly, i dont think i will get in anyways

ah that's a shame, maybe you could have asked them to do it on skype. always worth a shot (:

edit: maybe it's only oxford that does skype interviews, since you need to write an exam for cambridge.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by loxemori
what was your score?

Hey, 20 so not very good, actually quite bad lol :colondollar:
I still don't get why you were rejected since your LNAT wasn't insanely low and you have an otherwise perfect academic profile. :confused:

Yeah, I think that if the essay section was seen to be more important and they incorporated aspects from the LSAT/Critical Thinking exams then the LNAT would be an infinitely better aptitude test.

Hey thanks but there are people with better LNAT scores so it is understandable why they chose them as all our academics are pretty similar really, so I guess thats how it works

Fingers crossed that KIngs will give me an offer, gahhh its such a long wait for them............but not being too hopeful
Reply 3336
Original post by rl1234
nottingham or ucl for M100? can't decide...

I would go for UCL. :smile:
Reply 3337
Hey thanks but there are people with better LNAT scores so it is understandable why they chose them as all our academics are pretty similar really, so I guess thats how it works

Fingers crossed that KIngs will give me an offer, gahhh its such a long wait for them............but not being too hopeful

what does it matter. you already have cambridge and LSE and somewhere else right? ^^ do you want KCL as your insurance?
Reply 3338
Hey, 20 so not very good, actually quite bad lol :colondollar:

I think 20 and above is quite good (: It's a shame you didn't get in. I understand your disappointment. But you have tons of other uni offers (: I only have one ):
Personally, I think that it's not worth it. But of course, it's up to you. Out of curiosity, why might you reapply to Oxford?

Haha, it feels so...final when doing it on Track.

Argh, just a little feeling that I could have wriggled in if I wasn't ill for the interviews, added to my parents little snide jabs about it, plus I've got nothing to lose (except another £50 to Pearson Vue :mad2:). It's irrational, but meh, guess I'm an irrational guy. I still haven't firmed it, I have no idea why I haven't... Everytime I look at it, I pussy out hah.