The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wangers
I know the people running it, mostly from our surgsoc. Why not just make a 4 day weekend of it and come down to london early, see the sites - oh and I have 2 days of ortho and rheum lectures tomorrow and friday, do you want to go instead :biggrin:

My idea of coming to London early is getting the 6am train, and just the idea of that is killing me right now. I'm stopping off at home on the way back, so already away from Aberdeen for five days rather tooo close to exams.
I love diagnosis by catchphrase.

A bangadeshi man, fevers, sweats...
20 year old male known to be HIV+ has CXR showing bilateral consolidation, low O2 and is very unwell - diagnosis and treatment
Teenager found collasped with peardrops of breath, diagnose and treat
Lady with previous history of itchy eye comes to GP with headache, change in conscious state and abnormal pupils

(slightly made up, no people were harmed in the learning process)...:smile:
What's the last one?
I get 1 and 3 but not the others...
Original post by Becca-Sarah
I get 1 and 3 but not the others...

No offense, but ortho looks very dull :frown:
Original post by Wangers

:hmmm: Blasphemy! What stuff are you covering in lectures? I don't recall being too enthralled by our lectures either, tbh, except the "20 ways to fix a fracture" one. I had to see the other side of the coin in being an ortho patient this week, tho, and that is definitely not fun :no:
Original post by Wangers

20 year old male known to be HIV+ has CXR showing bilateral consolidation, low O2 and is very unwell - diagnosis and treatment
Lady with previous history of itchy eye comes to GP with headache, change in conscious state and abnormal pupils

Spoiler

Original post by Wangers

Carpentry is dull.

What's the difference between a rhino and an orthopod?

Spoiler

How many orthopods does it take to change a lightbulb?

Spoiler

:tongue:
Original post by Captain Crash

Spoiler

Spoiler

(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Becca-Sarah
:hmmm: Blasphemy! What stuff are you covering in lectures? I don't recall being too enthralled by our lectures either, tbh, except the "20 ways to fix a fracture" one. I had to see the other side of the coin in being an ortho patient this week, tho, and that is definitely not fun :no:

Injuries to knee hip hand, joint pathology and atheritis(es)
Original post by Wangers

Uhoh -I got one of those wrong - was I supposed to know that stuff in third year? haha oops
Original post by Captain Crash
Carpentry is dull.

What's the difference between a rhino and an orthopod?

Spoiler

How many orthopods does it take to change a lightbulb?

Spoiler

:tongue:

:rofl: The rhino one is new to me. "What's a double blind study? - Two orthopods looking at an ecg" is my favourite, esp after I heard a consultant say to the FY1 "don't ask me what that shows, I can't even spell ecg". :facepalm:
Original post by Wangers

Hands are boring and complicated (and plastics do them anyway, so why bother?) but hips and knees are awesome! Have you not seen all the videos of twisting/bending injuries to knees??
Reply 1493
Original post by Wangers

My favourite line from a prejudice-based medicine question is:

A 32 year old single male dancer presents with extensive furring of the tongue with pain and difficulty swallowing. What diagnostic test would you do?
Original post by visesh
My favourite line from a prejudice-based medicine question is:

A 32 year old single male dancer presents with extensive furring of the tongue with pain and difficulty swallowing. What diagnostic test would you do?

does he have candida, and you do an HIV test?
Reply 1495
Original post by Philosoraptor

Original post by Philosoraptor
does he have candida, and you do an HIV test?

Correct.
Original post by visesh
Correct.

****, so I can only diagnose where the patient is a ridiculous stereotype!
Thanks UCL :biggrin:
I'm very rarely an angry person, however I'm quite drunk and I feel the following: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=30024061#post30024061 is the most angry post I've made in a long, long time. I feel like hitting something.
Ahh, the bitterness evoked by an unsuccessful. I remember that feeling :frown:
Original post by Jessaay!
I'm very rarely an angry person, however I'm quite drunk and I feel the following: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=30024061#post30024061 is the most angry post I've made in a long, long time. I feel like hitting something.

Haters gonna hate,

Latest

Trending

Trending