The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Official Warwick Applicants Thread 2011

Scroll to see replies

I see from Warwick Physics Dept website, that Physics Open day is 2 March, by invitation only. So I guess it's rejection from them, which is hard to understand as have offers Durham, St Andrews and Edinburgh( interviewed at Cambridge but didn't make it). Probably not considering Warwick now anyway, but it would be good to have rejection confirmed.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by hollercoller
I see from Warwick Physics Dept website, that Physics Open day is 2 March, by invitation only. So I guess it's rejection from them, which is hard to understand as have offers Durham, St Andrews and Edinburgh( interviewed at Cambridge but didn't make it). Probably not considering Warwick now anyway, but it would be good to have rejection confirmed.

Same, my department is 16th March so if they don't get back to me by next week I'll assume it's a no =/
MMath, but i cant get the STEP requirement because 1. i struggle to completely understand the material comfortable enough to sit an exam in it 2. my college does not offer any support for STEP...
Reply 1863
Original post by Lord dudek
MMath, but i cant get the STEP requirement because 1. i struggle to completely understand the material comfortable enough to sit an exam in it 2. my college does not offer any support for STEP...

im in the same position as you except im teaching myself FM so no support for anything, just gotta soldier through it :wink:
Reply 1864
Original post by frozzylove
Same, my department is 16th March so if they don't get back to me by next week I'll assume it's a no =/

Same here. This waiting isn't fun!
Philosophy offer yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Economics, Politics and International Studies
Offer A*AAa
Applied just after Oxbridge deadline
Think I'll firm Durham or LSE though
I know I've got a rejection for lit since the last interview is tomorrow, I just can't understand why they haven't made it official (I'll still be gutted when they do)..is it simply because they're too busy? I sent them an email on Tuesday asking when I would most likely recieve a decision over my application but...nothing...

I don't want the rejection but if it's inevitable I don't understand why quite a few of us are being kept waiting :s-smilie:
Reply 1868
Original post by TheSmithsIndeed
I know I've got a rejection for lit since the last interview is tomorrow, I just can't understand why they haven't made it official (I'll still be gutted when they do)..is it simply because they're too busy? I sent them an email on Tuesday asking when I would most likely recieve a decision over my application but...nothing...

I don't want the rejection but if it's inevitable I don't understand why quite a few of us are being kept waiting :s-smilie:

I think we were 'maybed' so if someone they wanted to interview more than us couldn't make it we'd get invited? I don't really get why they would have left us quite this late though, ugh. Oh well.
Did anyone go to one of the Psychology post offer open days? I couldnt make it and would like to hear peoples views on the department :smile:
Reply 1870
anybody going to the warwick business school open day soon? can't make it as i'm international...
Original post by 108
anybody going to the warwick business school open day soon? can't make it as i'm international...

I'm not. Also international, but it says that it's only like a 2-3h event... surely it cannot be worth the hassle of flying over there? (But obviously, if you are likely to firm your offer and haven't checked out the uni yet, you definitely should before doing so.)

edit: international as in EU
Original post by Stenner
History offer.

When did you apply? getting slightly worried :frown: , though nobody else in my school has heard yet.
Reply 1873
Original post by italianmario
When did you apply? getting slightly worried :frown: , though nobody else in my school has heard yet.

October the 12th, so you'll be alright, haha.
Reply 1874
Offer for PPE :smile:
Offer for Law :smile:
Reply 1876
Anyone at the biosci openday on march the 2?
Reply 1877
I'm so happy that I received my conditional.
However I'm wondering. It says I need 12 in maths (international), is this the average grade?
TSR says about conditionals:

"Do I need to achieve this grade in all my modules?

If you have received an offer that states you need certain grades, some people worry that this means you need to achieve that grade in all of your modules.

However, as long as you achieve the stated grade in your overall A Level, you will have met the terms of the offer. So you can achieve 0 on one module if you wish, it will just make it harder for you to get the right grade overall. "

Are my grade 12, 13, 11, 12 alright then, as all in all I have 12?

I really want to go to Warwick! :smile:
Original post by alibobs
Ooooh I see, thanks! I sent mine the end of November....wish they would hurry up lol. Congrats again :smile:

Yeah i'm sure it won't be long before you hear! Good luck! :biggrin:
Reply 1879
Just got an offer for Hist/pol AAB :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending