Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Andy Ftw
Hahaha that is so evil, I like it :colone:

Most people would believe it too, but I could never do that to someone :tongue:

They probably weren't supposed to put the other email addresses on there, it seems a bit odd.

I don't think I could do that either, unless I was really desperate for a place.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Original post by Potiron
They probably weren't supposed to put the other email addresses on there, it seems a bit odd.

I don't think I could do that either, unless I was really desperate for a place.

Yeah, its must have been a mistake really, though at least it's told me how many were on the shortlist, cause I was quite curious :tongue:
French or Russian anyone?
just got an offer for Maths :smile:
Original post by purplestarfish

Me too! Congrats :biggrin:
Reply 1345
Original post by LazyCookie
Thank you, and yes I am :smile:
I think it's regarded quite high, at least in the top ten. There's a lot of discussion about which unis are top (after Oxford and Cambridge obviously) and you'll find a lot of disagreement on TSR. However from what I've read on the forums, read elsewhre and from what a QC and a solicitor posted on TSR, after Oxbridge, the bar and MC firms regard most of the top ten firms fairly equally and shouldn't be inclined to pick a student just because they went to one top ten uni over another top ten uni. So in that respect, I believe Bristol is regarded high enough to give you a strong shot at the best law careers :smile:

Yes quite a debate there. I think that says it all for the UK Law scene. What I am more concerned about, though, is the degree to which firms in my country discriminate between local law schools and Bristol.

Beyond that, I think the multi-cultural climate in Bristol will be of lasting benefit to any student. Exciting by virtue of variety.

Me too! Did you apply for maths with stats?
Reply 1347
Original post by KateJ
Congratulations! Me too!!!!! SO excited!

Nice. Heard they've got a pretty vibrant music scene there! What were the grade requirements on your side?
Original post by GraceO92

Original post by GraceO92
Me too! Did you apply for maths with stats?

nop just straight Maths :smile: well done!!

right back at you :smile: have you seen the Uni?
right back at you :smile: have you seen the Uni?

Nah I haven't yet, but definitely plan to, hopefully it will help, because I haven't a clue where to choose now :tongue: How about you?
I got the email this morning about them being able to make further offers... some people here received them today but nothing for me ARGH
Reply 1352
Got an AAA offer for Comp Sci and Electronics today, well made-up :smile:

Nah I haven't yet, but definitely plan to, hopefully it will help, because I haven't a clue where to choose now :tongue: How about you?

nope but im with you on not knowing where to choose! which other unis have you got offers from?

Did you guys get it on Track, or did Bristol emailing you directly offering you a place?
nope but im with you on not knowing where to choose! which other unis have you got offers from?

Yeah it's tough deciding! :/ I have UCL/Kings/Southampton & Leicester also. What about you?

Original post by leticiabessel
Did you guys get it on Track, or did Bristol emailing you directly offering you a place?

We got an email saying "they intend to make an offer" :smile:

Hopefully it shouldn't be too long until they get back to you, best of luck! :biggrin:

Yeah it's tough deciding! :/ I have UCL/Kings/Southampton & Leicester also. What about you?

Hopefully it shouldn't be too long until they get back to you, best of luck! :biggrin:

I have offers from King's, Warwick and Surrey and a rejection from UCL! have absolutely no idea which 2 I will choose though!

I'm not too hopeful! Getting a rejection would actually make my firm/insurance decisions easier to make, but Bristol's been my top choice forever. I won't be too devastated if they reject me though, truly. There's nothing to do but wait :smile:

Are you the andysewell17@_______ that they emailed this morning? lol I'm not a stalker I swear. That's the only Andy in the list, but since you got an offer, it might be someone else.
Original post by leticiabessel
I'm not too hopeful! Getting a rejection would actually make my firm/insurance decisions easier to make, but Bristol's been my top choice forever. I won't be too devastated if they reject me though, truly. There's nothing to do but wait :smile:

Are you the andysewell17@_______ that they emailed this morning? lol I'm not a stalker I swear. That's the only Andy in the list, but since you got an offer, it might be someone else.

Yeah that was me lol :tongue: I recognised you're name there too so don't worry :wink:

Yeah I know exactly what you mean, but you've got this far already you can't exactly be a weak candidate! Hope you get an offer very soon! :smile: What are you other choices?

I have offers from King's, Warwick and Surrey and a rejection from UCL! have absolutely no idea which 2 I will choose though!

Unlucky about the UCL rejection, but you still have great number of unis to choose from defo, I can't really offer any advice personally cause I haven't a clue either, but where ever you go it will be a great uni! :biggrin:
Yeah that was me lol :tongue: I recognised you're name there too so don't worry :wink:

Yeah I know exactly what you mean, but you've got this far already you can't exactly be a weak candidate! Hope you get an offer very soon! :smile: What are you other choices?

Haha phew ;]

Nottingham and Exeter want AAA, Southampton want AAB, East Anglia want ABB/ABC. Since I live in Plymouth everything is far away, but it's very important for me to live within a reasonable distance. Exeter is the closest but... meh :P if Bristol reject me, I'll make Southampton my firm and UEA my insurance. If Bristol give me an offer... I have no idea what my insurance will be! AAB isn't exactly a safe net to fall back on, so Southampton isn't ideal, but since Bristol will probs want A*AA or something, it'll be very hard to achieve. I don't know, but I'm trying not to worry about it until I have to =)

Let me know what grades they want when your Track is updated!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending